Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 supercars discussion. May contain spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    Tander to co drive with the jizz. Going to be a bad Bathurst this year.
    Still need the fastest lead driver for the last 30 laps.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    I think that Gary will reign Richie in and he will mature in 2019. Agree boys, if Tander goes to T8 we are in trouble for all the enduro's.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    I think that Gary will reign Richie in and he will mature in 2019. Agree boys, if Tander goes to T8 we are in trouble for all the enduro's.
    At least in his latest media release, he admitted to acting inappropriately in expressing his frustrations last year. That's the first step forward at least and i would say someone has been in his ear already
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (13th January 2019),Perko (10th January 2019),TICK4D-TAS (10th January 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    Its not if, its done, he'll be with SVG.
    We have seen many many top pairings over the years, doesn't mean they are going to win Bathurst for eg, we all know it takes alot going your way to be on the podium.
    T8 is strong every single year and CL won it for them in 2015 and last year, their 2 main cars no.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Its not if, its done, he'll be with SVG.
    We have seen many many top pairings over the years, doesn't mean they are going to win Bathurst for eg, we all know it takes alot going your way to be on the podium.
    T8 is strong every single year and CL won it for them in 2015 and last year, their 2 main cars no.
    Totally agree that no wins are a shoe in. Just saying that the pairings are very strong. Still like some of the Ford pairings. Will come down to how well they get Mustang sorted in the first year.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Itís been an interesting start already, boring livery, a driver pairing we knew was going to happen, I would put money on them racing under 888 instead of 88 in the enduroís as well.

Garth, well that is a shock move, Richie, hmmm, his statement was more or less an admission that I stuffed up and screwed myself. He can drive, there is no doubt about that, just he didnít have the mindset or attitude for where he was last year.

GRM, money and the drivers, may show some flash here and there, but I donít expect them to jump to the top.

T8, they will pick up where they left off, if not a little stronger. Enduroís will be painful if they get a good run, 4 good proven drivers, if Garth can settle into the car he will be quick.

DJRTP, Scotty should be on top of the mustang and up and running, I hope it helps Fabs, I get the impression itís a do or die year for him in the team

Tickford and 23 Red, itís my team, but I will wait and see, I hope the mustang brings them together as a group and they find some direction

Erebus, I expect to keep growing, hopefully they find a sponsor for Anton.

BJR, not sure on this one, it will be interesting to see if Jnr can move the car up the field compared to what Blanchard did.

Kelly's, all is quiet on this one, will have to wait and see.

MSR, this will be interesting, supposedly the ZB is going to fix all their issues, somehow I think they will still suffer from the single team thing.

T18, interested to see how it all goes, but if history proves, it will be same / same.

With all that being said, I am keen for the season to kick off, keen for mustang, new sponsors and liveries etc.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TICK4D-TAS For This Useful Post:

4Vman (10th January 2019),FTe217 (10th January 2019),HSE2 (10th January 2019),Perko (10th January 2019),Randel (10th January 2019),WASP (10th January 2019)

Richards set for Winterbottom enduro switch

https://au.motorsport.com/v8supercar...eam18/4322120/

So Richo to T18 to partner Frosty.

And Randle to partner Holdsworth in the mustang.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TICK4D-TAS For This Useful Post:

4Vman (11th January 2019),FTe217 (11th January 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    At least in his latest media release, he admitted to acting inappropriately in expressing his frustrations last year. That's the first step forward at least and i would say someone has been in his ear already
    Yes, a huge and surprising development that makes one question what was going on through 2018 if such self restrospect was possible the entire time.

Why didn’t someone pull him aside and sort that crap out.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Donut King (13th January 2019),Perko (14th January 2019),WASP (13th January 2019)

Yeap, thought the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    Tander to co drive with the jizz. Going to be a bad Bathurst this year.
    I tend to agree. They head to Bathurst with a stacked drivers deck and even Richo and frosty a chance if others fall over
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast