Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 1,101 to 1,108 of 1108

Thread: 2017 Supercars Season (Could contain Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    There was damage to the front air dam of car 5, when Canto wiped it on the back of car 9
    How much damage was done, and how much it affected the car 5, I dont know
    But I am sure there was an effect on car speed

If there was, what did car 6 hit then?

We are into the numbers now with thanks to Andrew for reminding me of natsoft.

Car 5 last few laps.

car 6

Mark has said the car was fast and like most of that body contact unless its steering damage you don't tend to see much drop in speed. You can have a guard or even bonnet damage and it doesn't appear to be a huge factor which is where I was coming from.

Left hand down is different.

Now on to these co drivers.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

So where was car 5 when Canto stepped out. Iwas all good until Canto's last few laps where there was a couple of whoopsies trying to pass the Errorbus (i think) that was holding him up.

Just trying to work out were the car 5 spots lost by Canto, The pit crew or Frosty. I'm ignoring car set-up as the times above dont reflect that, and Fraosty said the car was fast.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    So where was car 5 when Canto stepped out. Iwas all good until Canto's last few laps where there was a couple of whoopsies trying to pass the Errorbus (i think) that was holding him up.

Just trying to work out were the car 5 spots lost by Canto, The pit crew or Frosty. I'm ignoring car set-up as the times above dont reflect that, and Fraosty said the car was fast.
    Car 5s position was lost on the first lap being turned around.

Was that Cantos fault?

Well Skaife said no and we have seen others penalised for that contact, but the fact that Perkins escaped penalty means race control has deemed it a racing incident. Its a tough call, I saw it as Dean coming across the nose but when they showed the replays I think Jack might have been on it more than he should of. Why they didn't check the telemetry post race as they did on other occasions, I don't know.

But that incident was what killed car 5 s day.

Why he was back there. Car 5 couldn't get off the line no matter what driver launched it.

Way back I mentioned this and we have since learnt that these cars have had changes that weren't tested. Edwards hinted that its not all engine but how the car gets its power down. What happens if that s all about being moving and not from a stand still.

It represents a change, a difference that wasn't tested.

Again no right or wrong with opinions just I think some of you are being harsh and not looking at all the information we have to form a conclusion.

The Erebus situation cost a substantial amount of time. Was ugly and not good to watch. I think what people are reacting to is that footage and if so well that is bit tough in my opinion and especially so if you look at the data over the race for all PRA cars.

It tells a story.

Yer well what more can be brought up now, oh here's something.
    Times last few laps, by then the stage was set, car 6 consolidating its lead, only very late would have speed picked up due to SMc considering the push but held off for P2 whereas 5 was at the back of no where but going as hard due to its circumstance 10th or abouts so those time comparos have no relevance tbh on the subject re co drivers.
    I know maybe its Frosty full stop ?
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Times last few laps, by then the stage was set, car 6 consolidating its lead, only very late would have speed picked up due to SMc considering the push but held off for P2 whereas 5 was at the back of no where but going as hard due to its circumstance 10th or abouts so those time comparos have no relevance tbh on the subject re co drivers.
    Well there was no point in Frosty going flat out, there was no position to gain or lose, he would have been doing the same as Cam
    and if you look at it times between both cars were almost identical

Its fine that you dont like Frosty or Canto and dont rate him, but he still has a championship and a Bathurst win, which a lot of other highly rated drivers over the years never got
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

I looked at the times.
    Like I said no point looking at the lead drivers times at such late stage in the race, my point there is imo a racer, a lead driver should be going for it mind you that far down the order, push it, get some fastest laps prove a point to the opponents. Especially that 3 other same marques were at the pecking order.
    I've also said nothing of not liking Frosty.
    Others don't rate Canto.
    I haven't said this as well.
    I'm looking at a results perspective.
    I'm also coming from maybe its time for a change but lets wait and see what comes in a few weeks time.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Not sure I follow you.

The guy in second is asking his team if you want me to effectively try, which suggests he has more than the 10.7 he is repeating up his sleave.

Car 6 had nothing up it's sleave. The tyres were gone. How many burn outs at the end of a race do you see where the tyre delaminates, right rear.

All Pra cars suffered towards the end of their stints. Cam basically said as much in interviews.

He was trying to win, not sure what mark was doing, chaz may have been cruising because his times were shit.

Bright was already home.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post

You might have missed the post about car 5 damage caused by canto. Those times, at least to me suggest the damage was superficial and hadn't robbed car 5 of speed relative to the car that won

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111