PDA

View Full Version : G6ET - interior

HSE2
29th June 2012, 04:50 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e218/HSE2/016.jpg

This would have to be one of the best Ford interiors anywhere and certainly in this country.
It obviously belongs to a G6ET. Until last week I had never been in a 270kw Turbo and I have to say I was very impressed.

defective
29th June 2012, 05:04 PM
ive really got to do the piano black conversion in my xr8, just looks so classy

Road_Warrior
29th June 2012, 05:20 PM
One day I am going to own one of these beautiful cars. The G6ET with the factory 19in rims would have to rate as one of my favourite Falcon models.

HSE2
29th June 2012, 05:20 PM
I agree. Wish I had it too

HSE2
29th June 2012, 05:21 PM
One day I am going to own one of these beautiful cars. The G6ET with the factory 19in rims would have to rate as one of my favourite Falcon models.

Ditto. Mine too. Perfection. The owner of this car agrees too and is on the look at for some 19s

Road_Warrior
29th June 2012, 05:49 PM
Mmmmmmm

http://liveimages.carsales.com.au/cil/2002055.jpg?height=700&aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=1050

Falc'man
29th June 2012, 05:53 PM
Ditto. Mine too. Perfection. The owner of this car agrees too and is on the look at for some 19s
I'll third that. Arguably the classiest car on the road.

MisterAU
29th June 2012, 05:56 PM
Yes I love the FG interiors especially the piano black trim. Very classy look and undoubtedly the best available on the Australian market for any vehicle under $100k. The only part I'm not happy about is the hard dash plastic carried over from B-Series. Cheap and nasty and wrecks what would otherwise be a 10/10 score. I would love an AU high series dash with piano black trimmings - been actually thinking about it for quite a while now.

Red F6310
29th June 2012, 06:38 PM

This would have to be one of the best Ford interiors anywhere and certainly in this country.
It obviously belongs to a G6ET. Until last week I had never been in a 270kw Turbo and I have to say I was very impressed.

Yeah i loved the Cashmere interior in my old G6ET. I constantly got praise for its looks from all that saw/sat in it.... even my holden mates rated it highly

WASP
29th June 2012, 07:27 PM
I'm lucky enough to drive around in these cars new through family that work at Ford. This model has the lot including arguably one of the nicest Falcon interiors ever combined with excellent external appeal and absolute stonking performance. As a company executive vehicle this model is extremely difficult to overlook, even over the F6E offering. Being an owner of FG XR6T I rate this engine highly. I only wish it had 2 more cylinders so it sounded the part :-)

I actually regret not buying a G6ET in the first place.

Paxton
29th June 2012, 07:31 PM
As you can see in my signature, I've got a BFII Ghia. I was thinking to myself a while ago, that, whilst the performance of the Ghia is adequate, my EF feels more nimble, and probably accelerates faster than the BF does. If I could have my Ghia interior, with the Turbo engine, I'd be over the moon. I just couldn't stretch to an FG when I bought my BF. Next time, however, it's brand new.

defective
29th June 2012, 07:38 PM
As you can see in my signature, I've got a BFII Ghia. I was thinking to myself a while ago, that, whilst the performance of the Ghia is adequate, my EF feels more nimble, and probably accelerates faster than the BF does. If I could have my Ghia interior, with the Turbo engine, I'd be over the moon. I just couldn't stretch to an FG when I bought my BF. Next time, however, it's brand new.

be easy enough to turbo the ghia... be like a plain clothed force6

dunno what it is about those fg2 changes, but i just cant feel the love for those headlights

TS50
29th June 2012, 08:42 PM
Most underattted car in the current fleet, I belive
Best value for the dollar too
Seriously I would buy one before a F6E

Road_Warrior
29th June 2012, 08:44 PM

You could pick up a smashed up BFII XR6 Turbo and play swapsies...that way you'd get all the driveline parts you'd need plus the ECU, plumbing, wiring etc.

HSE2
29th June 2012, 09:11 PM
Well it was my first experience with this car and engine.

The first thing that struck me was the ride quality. Carrying on with the tradition that started with the EL Fairmont Ghia it has a rather sporty controlled feel to it. Its controlled never harsh but definitely on the firm side. I would actually like to know the settings compared to my GT.

I would nearly go as far as to say the GT might ride better in some circumstances and that's not a slur against the Turbo but an indication of where the GT sits.

The engine is a jet. This car has been dynoed to 241 stock and I believe it.
I am going to say something stupid here and compare it to my BF GT-P which uses the six speed auto as well.

I also assume my car has about 220-230 rear wheel kws but from the passenger seat the turbo just feels so much stronger up till around 100kph. After that point and if you watch the speedo, the way it gathers speed to let's say very illegal speed limits is about the same by eye.

One really needs to drive each car to tell about responsiveness but I made the comment on the day that my SC GT would have an issue with this car and obviously by the time the BF got going it would be in the next town.

This week I had the SC out for a drive and I just don't know.

Where I differ with most people is with the sensation of Torque.
Compared to the F6s I think this G6ET might have more bottom end torque then all of us but especially the F6s. Then I think the F6s take over in the mid range. For some reason my GT indicates it has a very strong midrange on a dyno and it kind of feels it on the road. There is more of a feeling of being pushed back in your seat in the GT.
I haven't stopped talking about Tonys GTE recording a 12.4 time stock. It's not really that long ago that we were struggling to break 15 so the V8s have come along way.

When the cars share the same space its only then does the crap stop.

To be honest I really don't understand why this model isn't running out the doors. It great on fuel, best interior, best looks, best performance'. It's a fantastic package.

WASP
29th June 2012, 10:07 PM
The G6ET and XR6T run a smaller turbo than the F6. While it losses some top end, it delivers it's boost almost immediately off the mark and in practically any gear. This makes for a highly responsive package, especially with the ZF. A standard G6ET even in the hands of the press are capable of reeling off a 13 flat over and over again. To give some perspective here, the equiviant packaged 6lt Calais V is around 3/4 to a full second off the pase while using more fuel. Really does make you wonder..

Paxton
29th June 2012, 11:40 PM
You could pick up a smashed up BFII XR6 Turbo and play swapsies...that way you'd get all the driveline parts you'd need plus the ECU, plumbing, wiring etc.

In five or so years, that's probably a possibility.

Won't happen anywhere in the near future - it only clicked over to 90,000 this afternoon.

Falc'man
30th June 2012, 03:07 AM
In five or so years, that's probably a possibility.

Won't happen anywhere in the near future - it only clicked over to 90,000 this afternoon.
Go the whole hog and get a G6ET.

Although she wants a 7 seater - we have two kids so where's the logic in that? - the twin-half will, whether she likes it or not, enjoy having one of these.

Ian, I agree, and it does my head in: This car, and to a slightly lesser extent, the XR6T, is the best value luxo-performance model since the Subaru WRX-LE-STi-Ghia, which didn't even exist.

You're comparing it to your stock GT, but as you've read in another thread here, this powerplant, with it's ridiculously under-rated power ratings, had me scratching my head at 395rwkw of Miami grunt. Acceleration and speed go to that 5.0, no question about that because you're doing triple the limit before you get the chance to glance down at the speedo, but the power delivery and surge of the I6T, even in stock form, had me wondering which was more enjoyable. It's why I've decided on buying 7 of each.

Where's that flappist character? I heard he sold his 350Z for a manual turbo?

FTe217
1st July 2012, 01:14 AM
Agree G6ET is the out and out buy in the current Ford range - best interior and performance by the bucket load surprising not more on the road but as mentioned in other threads market trends have changed so much she's being over looked unfortunately.
For us enthusiasts as colville mentions if she had the sound of 2 more cyclinders I'd be in one !

Falc'man
1st July 2012, 10:48 PM
Agree G6ET is the out and out buy in the current Ford range - best interior and performance by the bucket load surprising not more on the road but as mentioned in other threads market trends have changed so much she's being over looked unfortunately.
For us enthusiasts as colville mentions if she had the sound of 2 more cyclinders I'd be in one !
I love the sound of a bent 8 as much as the next guy, and it's understandable why some wouldn't buy this for the lack of those two cylinders. For me, the sound of the 270's note isn't all that bad, added to that the turbine in the background, it's quite pleasurable.

The problem is when you're driving it sedately you don't get to experience that, and that's a problem you don't have with an eight.

FTe217
2nd July 2012, 08:58 AM
Yusef your right at sedate driving there's the no decibal burble but still listening from the outside the rear zorst sound is blah - I like the sound coming from the engine due to the turbine - Friday night caught up with quite a few of the guys at Penrith KK, Tony a T3 owner brought along his BF Octance Phoon (damn noice), we with another T left together getting onto the freeway back East - 3 of us played a little with the gas pedal for quite a few k's, Phoon monstered us ofcourse at times like the whispering death !

WASP
2nd July 2012, 03:05 PM
The T6 sounds ‘ok’ from the outside. It’s the raspy sound inside that I really don’t like personally. I find myself wanting to keep the revs down as I prefer the car was silent than make any noise at all. My daughter who also happens to be a bit of a rev head is blissfully unaware of the potential of our XR6T. I do push it hard occasionally when the speed limits and road allow for such activity. We all (including myself) are quite taken back by how the car transforms from our sedate daily tourer to wickedly rapid piece of kit without much of a fuss in either guise.

For me, I love the mechanical theatre of it all and in this area is where I am left wanting for a much more stirring experience. The beautiful thing about the G6ET however it’s like a Werewolf dressed up in a tuxedo. A budget blue collar 007 Aston if you will. Due to the extra sound deadening in the cabin the experience for the driver is quieter than the XR6T. All you hear is the turbine quietly catapulting your executive arse into the next universe.

Road_Warrior
2nd July 2012, 03:08 PM
The beautiful thing about the G6ET however it’s like a Werewolf dressed up in a tuxedo. All you hear is the turbine quietly catapulting your executive arse into the next universe.

Heh, say hello to my new signature :p

flappist
2nd July 2012, 06:48 PM
Go the whole hog and get a G6ET.

Although she wants a 7 seater - we have two kids so where's the logic in that? - the twin-half will, whether she likes it or not, enjoy having one of these.

Ian, I agree, and it does my head in: This car, and to a slightly lesser extent, the XR6T, is the best value luxo-performance model since the Subaru WRX-LE-STi-Ghia, which didn't even exist.

You're comparing it to your stock GT, but as you've read in another thread here, this powerplant, with it's ridiculously under-rated power ratings, had me scratching my head at 395rwkw of Miami grunt. Acceleration and speed go to that 5.0, no question about that because you're doing triple the limit before you get the chance to glance down at the speedo, but the power delivery and surge of the I6T, even in stock form, had me wondering which was more enjoyable. It's why I've decided on buying 7 of each.

Where's that flappist character? I heard he sold his 350Z for a manual turbo? Freezing his bum off in Melbourne visiting the Ford Discovery Centre

Falc'man
2nd July 2012, 09:56 PM
Freezing his bum off in Melbourne visiting the Ford Discovery Centre
Pics would be nice.

(Of the FDC, that is. And your new toy too when you get back)

Elks
2nd July 2012, 11:14 PM
Freezing his bum off in Melbourne visiting the Ford Discovery Centre

Sitting in a bar drinking beer I heard.

Elks
2nd July 2012, 11:20 PM

I wish my GTE had that interior. It would look fabulous with the black. I could be convinced to upgrade for that. I would not consume an afternoon worth of engineering time either.

The black paint / cream leather combo would be super modeleque. A high maintenance bitch to look after, but so hot it would be worth it.

fpv302boss
6th July 2012, 02:54 PM
Mmmmmmm

http://liveimages.carsales.com.au/cil/2002055.jpg?height=700&aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=1050
i agree with Ian here how isn't this selling? brilliant machine.