PDA

View Full Version : DRL's Wiring Up Help

AussieG62013
15th September 2017, 01:37 AM
Hi Guys,

I have brought a kit of DRL's and installed them into my grill it's all installed apart from wringing it up.

Earth wire is installed it's a no brainer for that.

Red+ Wire - needs to connect to ACC.
Blue Wire - needs to connect to parker so the DRL's dimm.
White Wire - needs to connect to low beam headlights so the DRL's turn off.

This is so they work like factory.

Now it suggest's to use the engine bay fuse box so witch fuses in the fuse box are ACC, Parkers & low beam headlights.

The kit came with some Circuit Fuse Tap MINI Blade Fuse Holders for clean install.

I would prefer this method so I don't have to tap into wires.

I don't have the books and the fuse box covers have nothing ?

MisterAU
15th September 2017, 08:19 AM
You haven't said what model car ... in any case it is fairly easy using a test light to find all the circuits you need to tap into. You'll find just about all you need behind one headlight.

AussieG62013
15th September 2017, 10:44 AM
You haven't said what model car ... in any case it is fairly easy using a test light to find all the circuits you need to tap into. You'll find just about all you need behind one headlight.

Ford FG G6 2013

I don't want to strip and tap into wires for warranty issue.

MisterAU
15th September 2017, 11:29 AM
Use quikloks ... you're only running DRLs .. hardly any current . so quikloks will be absolutely fine and you can remove them with hardly any sign later if you want to.

AussieG62013
15th September 2017, 11:40 AM
Use quikloks ... you're only running DRLs .. hardly any current . so quikloks will be absolutely fine and you can remove them with hardly any sign later if you want to.

What are quikloks did a google search only to find stands and speaker cables ???

MisterAU
15th September 2017, 01:11 PM
Search "quick lock connectors" on ebay ... sorry for the spelling ... Wurth used to sell them as that name but naturally they don't sell on ebay.

AussieG62013
15th September 2017, 01:25 PM
Search "quick lock connectors" on ebay ... sorry for the spelling ... Wurth used to sell them as that name but naturally they don't sell on ebay.

Oh those things yeah I can't use them as it will void warranty on the car.

MisterAU
15th September 2017, 02:27 PM
Better not put DRLs on then LOL

dash gt
15th September 2017, 02:37 PM
Oh those things yeah I can't use them as it will void warranty on the car.

Does a 2013 still have warranty.

I can't see them voiding the warranty. If your worried about the warranty you should get an auto electrician to do the job with an invoice. Problem solved.

AussieG62013
15th September 2017, 02:58 PM
Does a 2013 still have warranty.

I can't see them voiding the warranty. If your worried about the warranty you should get an auto electrician to do the job with an invoice. Problem solved.

I brought the car from a Ford dealership a few months back and has extended new car warranty as part of the sale.

It is look very much I will have to go to an Auto Electric to do the job right.

MisterAU
15th September 2017, 03:03 PM
They can still void your warranty if they want ... you do anything to the stock vehicle you run this risk. The onus will be on you to prove your modification did not cause the problem that is subject to the warranty claim if you have one. EG ... there is a fire under the bonnet; you have (or even a licensed auto elec) touched the wiring guess what they'll say? If you blow a diff they probably won't try to say it was the wiring under the bonnet. LOL.

PG2
15th September 2017, 03:45 PM
I brought the car from a Ford dealership a few months back and has extended new car warranty as part of the sale.

It is look very much I will have to go to an Auto Electric to do the job right.

Was the warranty extended before you bought the car? If the warranty was extended by the previous owner I am of the belief that the warranty is not transferable.

When was the car first sold? You can't extend the new car warranty after the initial warranty has expired.

It is not a dealer extended warranty is it?