PDA

View Full Version : Official factory mustang enhancement options announced.

HSE2
1st June 2017, 07:44 PM
https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/1706/ford-introduces-factory-approved-mustang-performance-packs

Ford Australia boss Graeme Whickman said the company has responded to “massive demand for factory-approved, fully-warranted performance parts for Australian Mustang owners”.
“This is the first time in Mustang’s five-decade history that an Australian consumer can take delivery of this iconic performance car with a full suite of upgrades straight off the showroom floor,” said Whickman.
“Even better, the benefit of these upgrades not only gives new Mustang buyers a chance to customize their own vehicle, but also extends to existing owners, who can have their local dealer fit any or all of these components to their own taste and desires.”

Dealer fit.

WASP
1st June 2017, 08:01 PM
No power upgrades yet but I suspect they are coming. Great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Vman
1st June 2017, 08:59 PM
No power upgrades yet but I suspect they are coming. Great work.

Yep, dealer fitted K+N filter and CAI...

WASP
1st June 2017, 09:19 PM
Yep, dealer fitted K+N filter and CAI...

I believe the supercharger kit is not written off yet either.

Theses are not inexpensive upgrades and having them factory backed and roadworthy is worth the extra expense.

4Vman
1st June 2017, 09:21 PM
I believe the supercharger kit is not written off yet either.

Theses are not inexpensive upgrades and having them factory backed and roadworthy is worth the extra expense.

Factory backed is most definitely a strong selling point.

If the supercharger is back on the menu that's a fair back flip

4Vman
2nd June 2017, 07:16 AM
How is it that you can buy a cat back system for a Falcon Miami Sedan for between $1100 and up to $2400 for a 3" Stainless bimodal but EVERYTHING for a Mustang is $3000-$4000++?

flappist
2nd June 2017, 07:55 AM
What are the genuine Ford part numbers for the Falcon exhausts?

4Vman
2nd June 2017, 07:57 AM
What are the genuine Ford part numbers for the Falcon exhausts?

EVERYTHING, not just parts sold by Ford.

All the Imported aftermarket stuff is $3000+++ too.

4Vman
2nd June 2017, 08:21 AM
Actually just found an Australian Manufacturer XForce selling reasonably priced Mustang Cat Backs at only a small premium over Falcon stuff.

$2000 for a 3" full stainless fully adjustable electronic Bi-Modal muffler cat back seems reasonable.

flappist
2nd June 2017, 08:53 AM
Well Falcon V8 has been around for 7 years in the 5.0 and 15 years in the 5.4 while the FG shape is 10 years so the design costs etc. will be long gone.
Mustang really is quite new and rather rare with the vast majority "new and shiny" so not yet modded.

I suspect the price will drop as time goes on...

4Vman
2nd June 2017, 09:00 AM
Well Falcon V8 has been around for 7 years in the 5.0 and 15 years in the 5.4 while the FG shape is 10 years so the design costs etc. will be long gone.
Mustang really is quite new and rather rare with the vast majority "new and shiny" so not yet modded.

I suspect the price will drop as time goes on...

Oh agree 100%

I must admit performance parts pricing for Mustang has come back quite a lot in the past 12 months from what they were, but $5k for a twin tip Roush Cat Back is still extortion.

Clearly anything imported aftermarket had a 100% margin put on over US $RRP while there were few options but now it appears after looking things are a bit more competitive..

Futura
2nd June 2017, 07:58 PM
Would rather factory fitted options than dealer fitted options.

On the poistive side, Ford is now back heading in the right direction.