PDA

View Full Version : Ford use Goodwood to launch Mondeo ST line

HSE2
27th June 2016, 02:58 PM
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/63664/ford-mondeo-gets-sporty-style-thanks-to-st-line-package

Well in appearance they do.

4Vman
27th June 2016, 03:01 PM
Wow... ok...

At least it looks Sporty.

FTe217
27th June 2016, 03:34 PM
That red pic looking very oh what a feeling to me.
Yer Sporty, sportivo lol........

4Vman
27th June 2016, 03:38 PM
I like the look of the wagon.

Just needs 4 paw and another 100ish KW.

FTe217
27th June 2016, 03:46 PM
Agree, the wagon looks well balanced.
At the Showground viewing up here there was a blue one with nice mesh 19" rims, looked the part very much for me.

This is what we'd wish to start with :
While the Mondeo's American cousin, the Fusion Sport is available with a twin turbo V6 good for 242kW of power and 475Nm of torque, delivered via an all wheel drive system

Bluestuff1
27th June 2016, 03:50 PM
what would a e-tune drag out of the T2.0 petrol.......?
I'm itching to buy another car, but would really like an ST AWD 247kw +
Will i die waiting for one do yer think ?

4Vman
27th June 2016, 03:52 PM
what would a e-tune drag out of the T2.0 petrol.......?
I'm itching to buy another car, but would really like an ST AWD 247kw +
Will i die waiting for one do yer think ?

You've got a better shot than us Aussies.

Bluestuff1
27th June 2016, 03:56 PM
You've got a better shot than us Aussies.

If it was to come down it would be both markets I'm sure..
I asked my dealer a while back and was told there were no plans to bring (ST/RS) them in..
But then i new more about GTF than the dealers did, so who knows...?

Paxton
27th June 2016, 05:32 PM
Wow... ok...

At least it looks Sporty.

I'm thinking this is similar to the R Line you can get on VWs, and the M Sport Package on BMW - you get 'enhanced' looks, but no extra go.

Hopefully there is a Mondeo RS on the drawing board (say just a Spanish Built Fusion Sport)? Nah, Ford would need a global product mantra for that to work...

4Vman
27th June 2016, 05:49 PM
I'm thinking this is similar to the R Line you can get on VWs, and the M Sport Package on BMW - you get 'enhanced' looks, but no extra go.

Hopefully there is a Mondeo RS on the drawing board (say just a Spanish Built Fusion Sport)? Nah, Ford would need a global product mantra for that to work...

Yes, think GS or S Pack Falcon.

Futura
28th June 2016, 08:46 PM
Yawn..

WASP
29th June 2016, 11:00 AM
The current Mondeo is a very good looking car generally, although it could do with a much better set of wheel and suspension options. This ST Line seems like a smart move as it gives people the ability to personalize their car to suit their particular taste without having to go the full performance treatment. Audi & BMW are market leaders in this space and the sports minded accessory options have been extremely successful with customers. The ST Line is no replacement for a proper performance offering. Hopefully it will just become a stepping stone for the Mondeo in Asia/Europe to test interest these markets for a higher performance offering.

How many here would be prepared to spend upwards of $70k+ on a Mondeo ST V6TT?

FTe217
29th June 2016, 02:45 PM
If not AWD Colville no.

Paxton
29th June 2016, 09:15 PM

For a tarted up Mondeo - not me.

For that money, you are two year old 340i territory.

4Vman
29th June 2016, 09:20 PM
The current Mondeo is a very good looking car generally, although it could do with a much better set of wheel and suspension options. This ST Line seems like a smart move as it gives people the ability to personalize their car to suit their particular taste without having to go the full performance treatment. Audi & BMW are market leaders in this space and the sports minded accessory options have been extremely successful with customers. The ST Line is no replacement for a proper performance offering. Hopefully it will just become a stepping stone for the Mondeo in Asia/Europe to test interest these markets for a higher performance offering.

There's no need to test the waters here mate.

We have the highest rate of consumption of performance vehicles per capita virtually anywhere in the world.

The Testing has been done.

As for the $70K TTV6 Mondeo? it better be AWD and get sub 5 seconds 0-100.....

We're losing so much....

**SOB**

jpd80
1st July 2016, 07:52 PM
Wow, this will do wonders to Falcon resale values...