PDA

View Full Version : Ten clarifies changes to F1 broadcast times

HSE2
20th April 2012, 03:38 PM
A speed cafe article

Network Ten has defended the changes to its Formula 1 and MotoGP broadcast times.

For the rest of the 2012 F1 and MotoGP seasons, all races will be commence broadcasting in each state market at 9.30pm on Ten’s primary channel.

The change from its digital channel One HD to Ten means that South Australia, West Australia and Northern Terriroty will receive the race on a slight delay.

East coast markets will continue to view the race live.

The changes commence at this weekend’s Bahrain F1 Grand Prix

The change has prompted a range of criticism from motorsport fans, however, a Ten spokesperson says that the change gives its viewers consistency from race-to-race.

“As of this Sunday, April 22, Formula One will be broadcast on Ten at 9.30pm,” said the network’s publicity manager for Sport Catherine Donovan.

“This allows all Australians to access the Formula One coverage in a consistent time slot every Sunday night.”

Ten’s coverage of the Melbourne Formula One Grand Prix was a massive ratings winner, and currently sits as Ten’s most viewed program of 2012.

The Malaysian and Chinese Grand Prixs also rated well, prompting Ten to move the races to the primary channel, potentially opening up the chance for greater viewership.

Saturday’s qualifying sessions will remain on One HD and will be live in all markets.

prydey
22nd April 2012, 12:27 AM
i don't give a rats what excuses they come up with. why should 3 states get live coverage and the rest of us not??? it means i can't watch live timing during the race, nor can i text family and friends during the event!!! well done 10, bunch of morons. can't even subscribe to fox as 10 have the rights to it.

Paxton
22nd April 2012, 09:55 PM
If you're on FaceBook, jump onto the Channel Ten page. They're getting hammered over this.

My main Plasma is not HD (nor digital), so I don't give a rats arse whether it is HD or not, but I did like it being on ONE, and not Ten. At least on One, it was a dedicated channel, with no need to wait for other programming to end. Let's see what happens in Spain next month.

prydey
22nd April 2012, 10:03 PM
like one comment said, think of ricciardo's family in perth, waiting to see their guy race starting from p6 and find they are on a delayed broadcast. the race will almost be over by the time perth gets to watch. what brainless twit thought this was a good idea.

Falc'man
22nd April 2012, 10:04 PM
And here I am watching John Trovolta on ONE HD... who woulda thunk.

Paxton
22nd April 2012, 10:06 PM
And here I am watching John Trovolta on ONE HD... who woulda thunk.

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes Youssef.

Ten's management have rocks in their heads.

prydey
22nd April 2012, 10:07 PM
haha, whatever floats your boat

Falc'man
22nd April 2012, 10:26 PM
Movie's finished. No dancing :(

HSE2
24th April 2012, 06:35 PM
Motorsport Statement

Ten Sport, Published Date:Apr 24, 2012, 16:58M

Network Ten is committed to bringing Formula One and MotoGP to more viewers and building motorsport’s television presence in Australia.
This was achieved successfully on Sunday night (April 22), when running Round 4 - Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix on TEN produced a 46% increase in viewers in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane compared with the same round last year.
As a result, Network Ten’s broadcast of Formula One and MotoGP will remain live on TEN in the Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane markets.

But we recognise that viewers in Adelaide and Perth want live sport. We acknowledge the concerns expressed by some viewers in those cities about the delayed telecast of Sunday night’s race.

Network Ten has, therefore, decided to broadcast Formula One and MotoGP in Adelaide and Perth live on ONE. Viewers in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane will continue to receive the broadcast live on TEN.

In addition, we will live stream the broadcast on www.tensport.com.au in all markets.

prydey
25th April 2012, 01:03 AM
so now adelaide and perth get it live in HD and the east coast get in live in SD. they still don't get it. more campaigning to do it seems.

also, why compare the viewing audience with last year?? why not compare it to the previous weekend (round 3)? did they stop to think that the increase in viewing audience might simply be because this season is a lot more attractive?

Falc'man
25th April 2012, 10:51 AM
No mention at all of Tassie.