PDA

View Full Version : Aussie influence

HSE2
22nd January 2016, 11:14 AM
Aussie influence

Might there be more grunt for the Mustang too? Ford fans in Australia didn't get the high- performance Mustang 350 GT but we might not miss out on future limited editions.

Ford wasn't expecting demand for Mustang to be so strong in Australia and so it didn't consider making the parts for the 350 GT available in right-hand drive.

But there's renewed hope that any other future fast Fords will make their way here.

Mustang chief engineer Carl Widmann spent five hours last Sunday at a Mustang car show in Australia to better understand local buyers.

"I spoke to a lot of people who've ordered new Mustangs, and who are about to order new Mustangs," Widmann says.

“Local interest in Mustang has gained the attention of Detroit

"There is a lot of passion here for performance cars."

Ford usually rolls out a series of high-performance models over the life of a model and the supercharged Mustang variants are yet to come.

Widmann and Ford Australia boss Graeme Whickman won't confirm whether there will be later changes to the Mustang line-up but they say the local interest in Mustang has gained the attention of Detroit.

Whickman says: "It's fair to say the demand from (Australian) customers puts us in a strong position to influence where possible global development decisions for (future) right-hand-drive variants."

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/fg-x-ford-falcon-sprint-to-be-supercharged-and-turbocharged-38668?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=38668&utm_campaign=editorial

HSE2
22nd January 2016, 11:18 AM
5 hours???? 5 frekking hours? This has to be a joke!!!

What other misconceptions is Detroit under?

We are hearing this all the time now but yet the boss of FP says there is no ROI on racing in Australia?

How do you conclude that part of demand for mustang isn't underpinned by Ford being competitive in racing as just one example.

How in earth does 5 hours with owners and fans convince someone when management hasn't?

4Vman
22nd January 2016, 12:40 PM
Frightening insight into how we've been viewed from Detroit....

Futura
22nd January 2016, 12:51 PM
5 hours???? 5 frekking hours? This has to be a joke!!!

What other misconceptions is Detroit under?

We are hearing this all the time now but yet the boss of FP says there is no ROI on racing in Australia?

How do you conclude that part of demand for mustang isn't underpinned by Ford being competitive in racing as just one example.

How in earth does 5 hours with owners and fans convince someone when management hasn't?

Very disappointing.

Bluestuff1
22nd January 2016, 02:53 PM
im sure the next round of facelifts will see more model variation of models.

TS50
22nd January 2016, 02:54 PM
should we send Detroit a link to this forum?
then they would get the drift

defective
22nd January 2016, 04:12 PM
should we send Detroit a link to this forum?
then they would get the drift

They would be shocked we have internet here I think...

4Vman
22nd January 2016, 04:20 PM
They would be shocked we have internet here I think...

And bitumen by the sounds of it

FTe217
23rd January 2016, 12:16 AM
You know it just makes you want to punch these idiots in the nose, I really have wanted to never give this brand I loved so much in the past my hard earned anymore even though I still give them much branding support to this day.

I go visiting prospective customers - especially when they are already selling the same brand sourced from elsewhere but wish to buy also from me due to more resource, more part numbers, more growth and better lead times.
I fly over to x customer and spend a week with them, meet their team, see their facilities, go on the road visit their customers a couple of days and at the same time take in whats around, types of cars etcetc.....oh heck Ian will say I'm only in the Aftermarket.

andrewforbes
23rd January 2016, 01:42 AM
Well, after that I'm in agreement that those idiots in the us have absolutely no idea what's happening here, it's bloody obvious we love high performance fords here, ffs we developed the fastest 4 door sedan in the world at one stage. I'm writing a letter, this has pissed me off. How can these people get it so wrong, there is something seriously wrong.