PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Ford sold Mustang list

pacificfordqld
11th December 2015, 01:53 PM
Hi all,

We now have a sold Mustang list with updates available. Obviously only available through our own dealership.

visit: www.pacificfpv.com.au

Yes, we can't let go of FPV. Too attached.

Bluestuff1
12th December 2015, 08:02 AM
you've sold all those...!!

holy shit batman, thats an impressive list of sales for something sight unseen......

ausmac91
12th December 2015, 09:20 AM
Hairdressers are out in force. Fair few Ecoboost convertibles on that list!

4Vman
12th December 2015, 09:24 AM
Hairdressers are out in force. Fair few Ecoboost convertibles on that list!

That's the coast for you!!! LOL

flappist
12th December 2015, 10:04 AM
Why are you guys so bitter and twisted about ecoboost Mustangs?

Is it because they are Fords or is it because they are quicker than your cars?

TICK4D-TAS
12th December 2015, 10:06 AM
That's an awesome sold list. Well Done.

I hope that the mustang is a sales success and the Aussies don't just do the normal thing and bury their heads in the sand because it is from the US.

4Vman
12th December 2015, 10:29 AM

LOL come on Tony its just a bit of fun, cheer up, we're not serious.

EB Mustang is not close to being quicker than an XR8, XR6T, Redline etc and even if it was I still wouldn't buy one over an 8.

Pretty sure sales splits reflect the majority of opinion too...

EB Mustang has its place, just not for traditional type Mustang buyers.

defective
12th December 2015, 01:52 PM
Holy shit, nearly 100 sold without anyone even being able to test drive one...

Good to see the ecoboost so popular too. Dunno about them all being hairdressers either, I saw a few manual fast backs I'm there.
Everyone know hairdressers can't change gears.

Bluestuff1
12th December 2015, 03:51 PM
saw a RHD today, coupe, yellow with black wheels, black grill etc,

Sorry guys, the colour is puke....

project 064
12th December 2015, 08:28 PM
That's an awesome sold list. Well Done.

I hope that the mustang is a sales success and the Aussies don't just do the normal thing and bury their heads in the sand because it is from the US.

Hmm, do you remember the first Mustang exports to Australia? Poorly engineered, six cylinder heaps of crap that FoA got lumbered with & got told to build them
& sell them. Fast forward to the Tickford era, despite their engineering prowess, this car was not a success either, financially or performance wise.
Like I said, as good or better than the domestic product. I await the first reports & road tests.
What was that song? "You never knew what you had, until it's gone"!!! Vale the mighty Falcon GT.:race:

pacificfordqld
14th December 2015, 11:03 AM
Hmm, do you remember the first Mustang exports to Australia? Poorly engineered, six cylinder heaps of crap that FoA got lumbered with & got told to build them
& sell them. Fast forward to the Tickford era, despite their engineering prowess, this car was not a success either, financially or performance wise.
Like I said, as good or better than the domestic product. I await the first reports & road tests.
What was that song? "You never knew what you had, until it's gone"!!! Vale the mighty Falcon GT.:race:

I was too young for the first Mustang, just older enough for the Tickford one.

Totally different story with this Mustang. Simply because it is a Ford One vehicle. Built for the world, not just the US.

We won't know what we had until it's gone, very true. But Falcon is done (Part of the Ford One plan) After all, Ford is a US company and what they say goes.

Lets be thankful we aren't in Holdens spot. We still have heaps of exciting cars, Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, Mustang, and I'm sure more future performance cars coming.

Bluestuff1
14th December 2015, 07:34 PM
Does any one recall 69 mustangs converted for RHD for Ford..?

project 064
14th December 2015, 08:16 PM
I was too young for the first Mustang, just older enough for the Tickford one.

Totally different story with this Mustang. Simply because it is a Ford One vehicle. Built for the world, not just the US.

We won't know what we had until it's gone, very true. But Falcon is done (Part of the Ford One plan) After all, Ford is a US company and what they say goes.

Lets be thankful we aren't in Holdens spot. We still have heaps of exciting cars, Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, Mustang, and I'm sure more future performance cars coming.

Not having a go at you, but can't we get the higher horsepower models in Australia?
I am more than happy to entertain a Mustang purchase, but I want what the US Domestic market gets.
After all the object of the game is to provide & sell the BEST performing Mustang you can build.

4Vman
14th December 2015, 08:26 PM
Not having a go at you, but can't we get the higher horsepower models in Australia?
I am more than happy to entertain a Mustang purchase, but I want what the US Domestic market gets.
After all the object of the game is to provide & sell the BEST performing Mustang you can build.

Won't happen till possibly GT500 in 2017/8....

project 064
14th December 2015, 08:33 PM
What is the reason Norm?:confused:
Surely we deserve the best product they have?

4Vman
14th December 2015, 08:34 PM
What is the reason Norm?:confused:
Surely we deserve the best product they have?

Do you really need that spelt out!!!

project 064
14th December 2015, 08:37 PM
Most certainly, the truth always hurts!!!

4Vman
14th December 2015, 08:39 PM
Most certainly, the truth always hurts!!!

I have no idea what the truth is, but I can take an educated guess that the volume they think they would sell wouldn't come close to justifying the cost to bring them to market here.

project 064
14th December 2015, 08:50 PM
Huh? slip a couple extra Hi Po cars on the ship, will break Ford US bank account?
Don't forget the opposition are eyeing off the 4 door RWD performance market.
What a Hellcat of an idea.

jpd80
14th December 2015, 08:59 PM
Basically, Ford severely underestimated the strong response to Mustang from Australia.
This was basically a tow in the water to see how the faithful felt whilce Falcon was still around.

If sales response remains strong, even with no cars to test drive, Ford will respond once they
get on top of production in North America.

The one good thing is that there will be upgrades and rolling changes through out the life of the vehicle
and buyers in Australia will get all the popular options that US buyers get.

4Vman
14th December 2015, 09:03 PM
I don't think Ford have underestimated Mustang, I remember they were talking about 2000 units per year which is what they're moving. The problem is the delay to get them here.

Apart form initial flurry they need to forecast to sustainable volume. I'd say depending on price 1-200 GT350's might have been possible but they're only building a few 1000 a year in the US and that equates to not worth it based on needing to RHD it for our consumption ratio..

4Vman
14th December 2015, 09:08 PM
Read how hard it is to get one in the US:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=771540

Elks
14th December 2015, 10:59 PM

Because in my old school brain everything should have a V8 option, including focus and fiesta. :D

4Vman
15th December 2015, 04:58 AM
Because in my old school brain everything should have a V8 option, including focus and fiesta. :D
Bam! There it is!

pacificfordqld
15th December 2015, 10:14 AM

Watch this space.

For now it will be Ford backed performance parts. But who knows what the future will bring to us.

pacificfordqld
15th December 2015, 10:16 AM
Read how hard it is to get one in the US:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=771540

Thanks for that info, it's interesting to see an overseas bulletin. I like the Lottery idea haha

pacificfordqld
15th December 2015, 10:31 AM
Regarding Ford's "intention" of bring in these kits.

http://www.motoring.com.au/ford-oz-to-sell-500kw-mustangs-100071/

4Vman
15th December 2015, 10:35 AM
Regarding Ford's "intention" of bring in these kits.

http://www.motoring.com.au/ford-oz-to-sell-500kw-mustangs-100071/

With respect that article is a bit misleading as im not sure there's the backing or support from ford on these...

project 064
15th December 2015, 10:47 AM
That's what I want Norm, Ford sells it the way I want, Ford Warranty, approved Dealer, services & maintains the car.
I get a Ford backed car, they get my support & cash, through service & maintenance costs.

pacificfordqld
15th December 2015, 11:04 AM
With respect that article is a bit misleading as im not sure there's the backing or support from ford on these...

Correct, it isn't stating Ford are backing them. But we've been told it is their intention to do a factory backed set up like this article is stating.

Hopefully more info soon!

4Vman
15th December 2015, 11:07 AM
Correct, it isn't stating Ford are backing them. But we've been told it is their intention to do a factory backed set up like this article is stating.

Hopefully more info soon!

At my Mustang dealer night they alluded to a lot of stuff that hasn't materialized yet.

What do you understand to mean by Factory backed?

Ford sell it but no warranty?

Really no different to going to Herrods or any other tuner.

pacificfordqld
15th December 2015, 12:56 PM
At my Mustang dealer night they alluded to a lot of stuff that hasn't materialized yet.

What do you understand to mean by Factory backed?

Ford sell it but no warranty?

Really no different to going to Herrods or any other tuner.

If and when, it WILL be factory backed and will not compromise your factory warranty.

pacificfordqld
24th December 2015, 11:54 AM
List updated.

Bluestuff1
24th December 2015, 12:18 PM
My brochure i have in front of me for the kits available in NZ says:
" ...performance upgrades are endorsed by Ford, and feature factory level integration........

What does that read to you!
my dealer says factory warrantee applies , but obviously no claims to date to challenge it.
With factory warrantee intact, it would have to be a go,and up to 467kw ....!

how do you guys read that ?

jpd80
30th December 2015, 07:31 AM
So how many Mustangs have you guys now delivered / still on order?

I quite staggering and amazing to see such a strong response...

pacificfordqld
5th January 2016, 11:32 AM
So how many Mustangs have you guys now delivered / still on order?

I quite staggering and amazing to see such a strong response...

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been on holidays :)

4 delivered in December, 81 confirmed for 2016, 10 more before price increase, 10 more since price increase, with no sign of interest dropping off..

pacificfordqld
14th January 2016, 08:53 AM
List updated

visit: www.pacificfpv.com.au

FTe217
14th January 2016, 10:44 AM
Thats a well laid out pdf pacific.
Nice amount of ponys arriving by April and good comments regards to XR8's.
Anyone know where the pic of silver pony location is taken ? just curious of the landscape.

pacificfordqld
14th January 2016, 04:25 PM
Thats a well laid out pdf pacific.
Nice amount of ponys arriving by April and good comments regards to XR8's.
Anyone know where the pic of silver pony location is taken ? just curious of the landscape.

Thank you!

It is from the Australian promo shots so I think somewhere is Australia. The American ones are shot in the desert.

Perko
17th January 2016, 09:36 AM
That is brilliant. Something that all new car buyers should have. Simple and well executed. Credit again to you and your team.

pacificfordqld
19th January 2016, 09:27 AM
It's easy enough to do, it just takes time (which we sometimes struggle with!) Passion comes into it too though

pacificfordqld
4th February 2016, 10:24 AM
List now updated:

www.pacificfpv.com.au

flappist
13th February 2016, 06:21 PM
If and when, it WILL be factory backed and will not compromise your factory warranty.

Been reading some of the specs. They are talking about a 370kw/550Nm EB. It that is the case the EB will become THE cult car of the 2020s.

A 4 cylinder wiping the floor with all the SSs and XR8s will appeal to a HUGE number of our younger car enthusiasts.

14th February 2016, 04:51 PM
Wifey's best friend Linda doesn't care .. she has always wanted a v8 Mustang and that's what she is going to buy regardless of cost and waiting time ?

I always wanted to buy a brand new XE Fairmont Ghia with 351 Clevo.. but alas that will never happen for me

Some people always get what they want , others don't realise what they could of had until it is too late *sigh*

pacificfordqld
24th February 2016, 04:07 PM
List updated.

www.pacificfpv.com.au

pacificfordqld
11th March 2016, 08:13 AM
Updated.

pacificfordqld
22nd March 2016, 02:08 PM
Updated, www.pacificfpv.com.au

defective
22nd March 2016, 03:32 PM
Updated, www.pacificfpv.com.au

Wow 70 odd mustangs... How does that compare percentage wise with other dealers?

pacificfordqld
22nd March 2016, 04:24 PM
Wow 70 odd mustangs... How does that compare percentage wise with other dealers?

We are classed as rural, so pretty high for us. Not sure what the Cities do.

This list isn't showing the 30 odd we haven't been able to allocate cars to yet either..

FTe217
22nd March 2016, 04:48 PM
Fantastic result pacific.
Maroochy was rural back in the '70's/80's when I was surfing my life away back then LOL, you could cross the road without any worry in the world, now.......its had cashed up mexicans the last 20yrs ruining the place........come on about time they changed that classification and had you competing with city slicker dealers lol......

pacificfordqld
7th April 2016, 11:05 AM
list updated :)

www.pacificfpv.com.au

pacificfordqld
1st June 2016, 01:15 PM
List updated, now includes Sprint and RS.

www.pacificfpv.com.au

Apologies for the minimal posts the last few months, a few things popped up which made updating very difficult.

Hopefully we are all back on track :)

FTe217
1st June 2016, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the update.
Over 25+ Ponys.
5 x EB's only.

I counted 14 Sprints.
9 x V8's - 3 manuals only.
The world really has gone autos.

pacificfordqld
2nd June 2016, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the update.
Over 25+ Ponys.
5 x EB's only.

I counted 14 Sprints.
9 x V8's - 3 manuals only.
The world really has gone autos.

No worries.

This is the remaining batch of Mustangs, the list was huge at the start of the year. We are almost ready with our next phase of orders.

FTe217
2nd June 2016, 12:09 PM
If say I ordered one now with you - what is the expected lead time now please ?

pacificfordqld
3rd June 2016, 08:52 AM
If say I ordered one now with you - what is the expected lead time now please ?

Currently we are still saying 12 months.

4Vman
3rd June 2016, 08:54 AM
Currently we are still saying 12 months.

They need to address this lead time soon because you'll have an issue when S550 gets a revision and you will no longer be able to supply what you're selling.

Either that or Ford will have to launch the revisions 12 months ahead of manufacture.

pacificfordqld
3rd June 2016, 01:05 PM
They need to address this lead time soon because you'll have an issue when S550 gets a revision and you will no longer be able to supply what you're selling.

Either that or Ford will have to launch the revisions 12 months ahead of manufacture.

Are you meaning the MY17 revisions?

4Vman
3rd June 2016, 01:06 PM
Are you meaning the MY17 revisions?

Any major revision.

If i order a car today based on the current specification/price and the lead time is say 13 months.

Then in say 3 months Ford release a new update with significant changes (eg BA to BF) and a price rise and the car goes into production before mine is due to be built there will be an issue.

Either

1) i'll be the winner and get a newer spec model for old spec pricing

2) Ford will say sorry your car will cost more and its changed spec or

3) I may not like whatever the update is.

Worst case is Ford AU cant place orders on the US for a period of time until the new model is released with full details.

Then we fall back into a backlog situation again like at the beginning.

They need to get lead times down to 6 months.

3rd June 2016, 01:14 PM
Linda still wants one .. doesn't believe me there is a 12 month wait and thinks she can just go down and buy one in whatever spec she wants and get it next month LOL

FTe217
3rd June 2016, 01:30 PM
Well, Dazza, tbh you can be very lucky and get one if your in touch with a dealer regularly, or that they know you want one without any issue but grab what someone had ordered but backed out upon delivery.
Norm, spot on hence why I've asked.
The lead time is farfar too long, an update is coming no doubt but its all too much in the sky till delivery and what your getting and what you'll end up paying.

pacificfordqld
3rd June 2016, 01:50 PM
Well, Dazza, tbh you can be very lucky and get one if your in touch with a dealer regularly, or that they know you want one without any issue but grab what someone had ordered but backed out upon delivery.
Norm, spot on hence why I've asked.
The lead time is farfar too long, an update is coming no doubt but its all too much in the sky till delivery and what your getting and what you'll end up paying.

This is not possible, if an order falls over Ford take the car back and fill it with the next sold unit in the country. If a dealer is caught selling the car that has fallen over they risk a massive penalty. This is to speed up the process on getting sold units to the people who have placed a deposit and have been waiting longer than the guy who walks in wanting one right now.

pacificfordqld
3rd June 2016, 01:54 PM
Any major revision.

If i order a car today based on the current specification/price and the lead time is say 13 months.

Then in say 3 months Ford release a new update with significant changes (eg BA to BF) and a price rise and the car goes into production before mine is due to be built there will be an issue.

Either

1) i'll be the winner and get a newer spec model for old spec pricing

2) Ford will say sorry your car will cost more and its changed spec or

3) I may not like whatever the update is.

Worst case is Ford AU cant place orders on the US for a period of time until the new model is released with full details.

Then we fall back into a backlog situation again like at the beginning.

They need to get lead times down to 6 months.

It is what is is for now. Don't get me wrong, I wish I had a paddock of Mustangs that you could come and choose from.

We have already experienced the MY17 spec change and Ford have honored this with no price change to the customers who already have placed an order and are in the system.

We do seem to be getting a pretty good bunch of numbers and Ford have been improving time frames to Australia.

I said 12 months to be safe, this could change by next year the way things have been progressing in a positive way.

4Vman
3rd June 2016, 01:54 PM
This is not possible, if an order falls over Ford take the car back and fill it with the next sold unit in the country. If a dealer is caught selling the car that has fallen over they risk a massive penalty. This is to speed up the process on getting sold units to the people who have placed a deposit and have been waiting longer than the guy who walks in wanting one right now.

Hate to say it but there's a heap of dealers who have done this and got away with it...

They simply place phantom orders in family members names and pre deliver the car then "oopps, sale fell over", put it on carsales...

FTe217
3rd June 2016, 01:55 PM
Mmm, ok thanks for that, I don't think that policy is tight I'm afraid, thanks Norm.

3rd June 2016, 02:38 PM
Ok sorry to stir up a hornets nest i certainly haven't approached any dealers.

I only know what she say's to my missus and i overhear ?

She is waiting for the teething problem's to be fixed .. WORD...

pacificfordqld
3rd June 2016, 02:41 PM
Hate to say it but there's a heap of dealers who have done this and got away with it...

They simply place phantom orders in family members names and pre deliver the car then "oopps, sale fell over", put it on carsales...

I can't see how this would work out well for these dealers. The unit needs to be contracted in the customers name from day one. It needs to be reported in the same name once it is delivered. If there is any change in the process Ford WILL see it.

I guess time will tell.

4Vman
3rd June 2016, 02:47 PM
I can't see how this would work out well for these dealers. The unit needs to be contracted in the customers name from day one. It needs to be reported in the same name once it is delivered. If there is any change in the process Ford WILL see it.

I guess time will tell.
I'm with you mate but how do we explain the new in stock GT Mustangs on Carsales?!

FTe217
3rd June 2016, 03:19 PM
DP's just as Franchisee's in countless business systems find ways....yes I expect they get caught, but just as any customer this being to Ford for eg are they going to take their license/agreement ? no.

pacificfordqld
3rd June 2016, 03:36 PM
I'm with you mate but how do we explain the new in stock GT Mustangs on Carsales?!

Yes it is interesting what is on Carsales. I actually believe half if not 3/4 are fake. Hardly any of the pictures have plates on them. It seems a bit suss.

Obviously if they are listed as "used" they may be legit.

FTe217
3rd June 2016, 03:39 PM
I reckon alot of those are actually customers ordered Ponys and as I mentioned things have changed since placing their orders.
This is the problem with this long lead time.
My dealer mentioned this whilst checking up on my Sprint - x customer had lost his license since, placed the Pony he ordered on Carsales, $10k up and got it sold within 3wks..
I spotted a Sprint on Gumtree last week or so, wasn't the actual pic of the car, sold now it says.

9th June 2016, 10:23 AM
I see a red one a black one and a yellow one every morning....

Would like to see a modified one.... with different wheels at least ?

pacificfordqld
30th June 2016, 12:02 PM
Updated :)

pacificfordqld
2nd August 2016, 12:27 PM
Updated 02/08/16

pacificfordqld
31st August 2016, 11:13 AM
Updated 31/08/16

flappist
31st August 2016, 12:49 PM
Not working :)

pacificfordqld
31st August 2016, 01:54 PM
Not working :)

Thanks for the heads up! Sometimes the embed code doesn't work for some reason!

pacificfordqld
19th September 2016, 02:08 PM
Updated

pacificfordqld
19th October 2016, 08:56 AM
Updated

pacificfordqld
9th November 2016, 12:03 PM
Updated

FTe217
9th November 2016, 02:05 PM
I was at my dealer yesterday checking things out.
Went round the back and spotted a red pony with the silver mesh wheels - have to say how bloody good it looks !

pacificfordqld
10th November 2016, 01:17 PM
I was at my dealer yesterday checking things out.
Went round the back and spotted a red pony with the silver mesh wheels - have to say how bloody good it looks !

Sexy car in person isn't it?

By the way this list is not including any unallocated 2017 vehicles, which equals 40+ for us. We are hoping to code these this month.

FTe217
10th November 2016, 08:51 PM
As much as I hate to admit it - yes !
Great sales pacific.
How many convertibles has the business sold ?

pacificfordqld
15th November 2016, 12:02 PM
As much as I hate to admit it - yes !
Great sales pacific.
How many convertibles has the business sold ?

I don't have the figures right in front of me to split fastback/convertible but at a guess 80% fastback, 20% convertible?

FTe217
15th November 2016, 01:22 PM
ok thanks - a rough idea is fine. 80/20 split - expected more up there lol.....

pacificfordqld
18th November 2016, 10:37 AM
ok thanks - a rough idea is fine. 80/20 split - expected more up there lol.....

Yeah, remember also convertible is auto only.

FTe217
18th November 2016, 04:25 PM
are you saying the ladies car ? lol....don't have to answer that.

4Vman
18th November 2016, 04:56 PM
are you saying the ladies car ? lol....don't have to answer that.
Well I know a lady who bought one lol, not the hairdresser spec either!

pacificfordqld
25th November 2016, 10:37 AM
Updated :)

Now includes new orders from April to May 2017.

If anyone is interested we have a great supply of GT from June arrival onwards in 2017, we can build to your spec. Just drop us a message ;)

FTe217
25th November 2016, 11:09 AM
Only when there is a real one to order pacific.

pacificfordqld
7th December 2016, 12:11 PM
Updated, already have some new orders serialised which is great news!

pacificfordqld
22nd December 2016, 11:52 AM
And updated.

Now including June/July arrivals

pacificfordqld
5th January 2017, 02:47 PM
Updated, now showing status and ship names.

pacificfordqld
24th January 2017, 04:39 PM
Updated 24/01/17

pacificfordqld
13th February 2017, 03:39 PM
Updated. 13/02/17

pacificfordqld
2nd March 2017, 01:54 PM
Updated. 01/03/17

pacificfordqld
23rd March 2017, 12:13 PM
Updated 23/03/17