PDA

View Full Version : 2016 model year features revealed

Pages : [1] 2 3

HSE2
13th May 2015, 06:16 AM
2016 Ford Mustang updates – official photos
Dedicated Mustang fans will remember the turn-signal repeaters tucked in the hood vents of the second-generation 1967–68 pony car. Apparently, Mustang loyalists have been clamoring for the return of this nifty gimmick and Ford delivered: Every 2016 Mustang GT will feature LED turn-signal repeaters recessed under the lip of the hood vents. Is it particularly functional? Nah, probably not—but it's the kind of throwback nod that Ford loves to make for its devoted following.

The 2016 model year also marks the return of two trim packages that originated in the Mustang's 1960s heyday: the California Special and Pony packages.

Available on the Mustang GT Premium, the California Special adds 19-inch, black-painted machined-aluminum wheels; hood and side stripes; a black pedestal spoiler out back; darkened taillight trim; and black-painted mirrors and hood vents. There's also a unique "gas cap" badge (that hasn't served as an actual fuel filler since it first reappeared on the SN95 Mustang) on the rear panel. Inside, the CS features black leather and microsuede upholstery with red contrast stitching, and the door-panel inserts, dashboard plaque, and strut-tower brace also get California Special branding.

Ford will also offer GT fastback and convertible buyers the option of a Black Accent package with a decklid spoiler, taillight trim, special 19-inch wheels, and 5.0 and pony badges all rendered in black. Hence the name.

For those who prefer their horses turbocharged, the 2016 Mustang EcoBoost Premium can be had with a new Pony pack. The appearance kit includes unique 19-inch polished wheels, a tri-bar grille, side stripes, and chrome trim around the windows. Also for 2016, EcoBoost and GT buyers can option their hardtop cars with either a black-painted roof or factory-painted over-the-top racing stripes in black or silver. (The stripes were previously available on V-6 Mustangs, but Ford tells us the base-model six-banger will not get a black-roof option for 2016.)

Finally, Ford will extend the Performance package to the convertible Mustang GT for 2016. Strictly limited to manual-transmission models, the bundle adds a plethora of chassis upgrades for sharper handling. Those include a thicker rear anti-roll bar, heavy-duty front springs, strut-tower and underbody bracing, six-piston Brembo brake calipers at the front, staggered-width black 19-inch wheels (9.0 inches wide up front and 9.5 out back), and a 3.73:1 limited-slip differential. Performance-package Mustangs also receive uniquely tuned stability control, ABS, and electric power steering; a more aggressive front splitter; engine-turned trim around the gauges; and delete the standard decklid spoiler.

If you choose a Premium-trim EcoBoost or GT, you also can now enjoy Ford's updated Sync 3 in-dash infotainment system for 2016. Faster and more intuitive to use either by touch or voice and delivering automatic software updates via Wi-Fi, it's a welcome improvement to the Mustang's dashboard.

Ford says that 2016 Mustangs of all flavors will start hitting dealerships in the third quarter of 2015.

4Vman
13th May 2015, 07:37 AM
Updated images here:

http://www.falconforums.com.au/showthread.php?3279-2016-Update-Mustang

4Vman
13th May 2015, 09:09 AM
Is it just me? Or does Ford US seem completely immersed and invested in ensuring the Mustang remains true to its roots and heritage there by remaining relevant to it's existing fans and supporters?

FTe217
13th May 2015, 03:39 PM
Yes they listen to their faithful - alot of units have sold over the years and this one is the most important due to modernising the dinausor for EU Asia etc....alot of the rednecks have been against the changes incl irs.

Anyway in regards to the pic of the white convertable, the wheel design looks to have less spokes, pity not staggered but nice design.
Am I wrong to think the pic is on you yangs banked track ?

Loud
13th May 2015, 04:42 PM
This shit has had me cancel my order:

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/no-burnout-mode-for-aussie-mustang-20150513-gh0oxf.html

4Vman
13th May 2015, 04:46 PM
Ford Australia has confirmed it will omit an automatic burnout function from its upcoming V8 Mustang in a move that has left the car maker's global performance chief "unhappy".

A Ford spokesman said on Wednesday the line-lock function that is standard on every other Mustang around the world would be deleted from Australia-specification vehicles due in December because of anti-hooning laws.

The technology, referred to internally as the electric line-lock feature, works by locking on the front brakes with the push of a button, enabling the car's rear wheels to spin. The marketing spin behind the technology is that line-lock mode will increase car performance. Tyres perform better at higher temperatures, and a burnout is the quickest and simplest way to raise tyre temperatures prior to a race. A burnout can also clean tyres of any debris and lay down a layer of rubber on the starting line for better traction.
The sixth-generation Ford Mustang is fitted with an automatic line-lock function that has been ruled out of Australian models.

The sixth-generation Ford Mustang is fitted with an automatic line-lock function that has been ruled out of Australian models. Photo: Supplied.

"The line-locker function won't be appearing in the Australian market," a spokesman said.
Advertisement

Dave Pericak, Ford's global performance boss, told Drive he was disappointed the technology wouldn't appear Down Under.

"That mad me a little mad and you know why? It's because of a hoon law," he joked.

"Australia is the only market that I had to shut it off. That really did upset me because it's a great feature."

The omission is a double blow for Ford's Australian enthusiasts. In an interview in March, Pericak hinted that Drift mode function found on the upcoming Focus RS would also be deleted from Australian specification vehicles.

"In Australia, for instance, they have hooligan laws on the road which means we will have to turn off Drift mode to stay legal," he told Car Magazine. "It's a simple enough thing to do."

There is one potential silver lining for local enthusiasts. Drive understands the line-lock function will be disabled but won't be completely deleted from Australian-specification vehicles. Make of that what you will…

4Vman
13th May 2015, 04:47 PM
We truly are out of touch with the rest of the world....

No wonder its hard to make and sell performance products here.

Loud
13th May 2015, 05:00 PM
They truly are out of touch with the rest of the world....

No wonder its hard to make and sell performance products here.

Fixed that for you. The membership of the forum and car enthusiasts in general I reckon don't want to be associated with the ridiculous mentality that permeates through officialdom and in management circles.

THEY can die in a fire.

FTe217
13th May 2015, 05:12 PM
What a bloody joke !

WASP
13th May 2015, 09:28 PM
How rediculous.

prydey
13th May 2015, 10:05 PM
seriously, you guys are getting upset over this? waa waa waa i can't do burnouts?? wow, i really do need a cardigan and some fluffy slippers.

4Vman
13th May 2015, 10:07 PM
seriously, you guys are getting upset over this? waa waa waa i can't do burnouts?? wow, i really do need a cardigan and some fluffy slippers.

Yes... Yes you do!! Lol

Trust me, I couldn't give a hoot about burn outs either... But the fact it had to be disconnected shows where we sit.

God knows how launch control flys under the radar....

prydey
13th May 2015, 10:21 PM
launch control is more about minimising wheelspin. it would have the greenies blessing....

4Vman
13th May 2015, 10:23 PM
launch control is more about minimising wheelspin. it would have the greenies blessing....

And drag racing.... Just as evil as burnouts in the eyes of the law.

WASP
13th May 2015, 10:27 PM
Rob it's more the fact that the car is being muted or sanitized. It's bad enough that we won't get the high performance models. I've not even driven my Turbo with traction control off in anger but that's not the point. And yes, you better go find your cardy mate ..lol. ;-)

prydey
13th May 2015, 11:08 PM
A nice brown checker one with leather elbow patches should do :)

HSE2
14th May 2015, 09:30 AM

Well actually traction control is about minimising wheel spin. Launch control is about getting to legal speeds that will in fact incur undue or unnecessary acceleration charges.

However its not this countries fault that Ford were too stupid to name these features as they did.

Line lock could have been called ice gravel and snow mode.

Drift mode should have been called sports mode plus.

There are ways and means of playing the game.

This is weak as piss but as a global company Ford should have been more aware of where social standards are heading.

We aren't in Texas now tonto.

On Mustang I would never have used linelock. At some point people have to be treated like adults. Are they going to limit the speed of the cars to 110 because outside the NT that's as fast as you can go?

The cars we have, the ability to break any amount of laws, but its not the car is it?

Lets introduce an Iq check instead!

FFS

HSE2
14th May 2015, 10:03 AM
So really what this is about is Ford management anticipating this is an issue that will bring unwanted attention on them.

I think that's fair enough.

Launch control was the domain of high end performance cars. The amount of money they cost means the people who buy them are meant to be smarter. I say meant to.

The brands that drive thus direction are mainly European so this stuff gets into the country unquestioned.

Ford US came out and said, we are so good we didn't need Australia helping us with Mustang.

I think this is what happens when you don't involve people who know about about performance applications for the road on a global scale.

Had anyone of our guys been involved I think this would have been identified as an issue early on and work around implemented.

This could have been avoided perhaps if the feature was GPS enabled. Give it the location of the major drag strips in this country and make it that the car needs to be there in order for it to work. Effectively disabling it for the street.

Had this had been done, while I am sure it could be defeated the car is offered in such a way as the owner doesn't have the easy decision to make to impress his friends on the street.

If you really think about it, our management say they have to do this because we as consumers aren't responsible enough to make the right decisions on where this feature could be used.

Is that right or fair? I don't know but with everything else they do and say this call is at least consistent.

Had Mercedes done this, provided it wasn't called Lewis Hamilton mode, no one would have battered the proverbial.

The other thing, I am not so sure we are that out of step with the rest of the world.

You have 60% of the population thinking this country can lead the way globally on just about every issue in the public domain right now.

The media is the media, its probably more of a case of us being more aware of this momentum than other markets. I would expect the social issues here to be raised elsewhere and especially now. It will come.

The feature just needed more thought and while they are at it, fix the bonnet support that should not have got through factory OHS let alone the outside world and stop being miserable and put proper dash design in the bloody thing.

Oh and about another 200kws. :)

prydey
14th May 2015, 03:07 PM
Had Mercedes done this, provided it wasn't called Lewis Hamilton mode, no one would have battered the proverbial.

that would have been where the driver started chucking the toys out of the pram if he couldn't get past someone, or if things weren't going his way..:)

4Vman
14th May 2015, 03:10 PM
I also seriously doubt there are many people who would spend $70+ K on a new car to burn up $1000 bucks of rear tyres for the fun of it either....

4Vman
14th May 2015, 03:12 PM
that would have been where the driver started chucking the toys out of the pram if he couldn't get past someone, or if things weren't going his way..:)

No that's Mateschitz Or RBR mode....

prydey
14th May 2015, 03:36 PM
You don't watch much f1 do you...

4Vman
14th May 2015, 03:38 PM
You don't watch much f1 do you...

How can i??!! its not on TV anymore....

flappist
14th May 2015, 03:50 PM
I also seriously doubt there are many people who would spend $70+ K on a new car to burn up $1000 bucks of rear tyres for the fun of it either....

Very true but remember in the eyes of the "expert road safety dickheads" everyone drives their 250km/h car at 250km/h all the time just because it can do it so there if there is a burnout capability then drivers with do a burn out every single time thy start.

Franco Cozzo
14th May 2015, 04:02 PM
Whats wrong with doing burnouts the old fashioned way?

Chances are its just been disabled in ECU firmware and switch blanks put over the switch, I'm sure the brains trust at SCT will figure out a way to enable it again.

prydey
14th May 2015, 04:13 PM
Very true but remember in the eyes of the "expert road safety dickheads" everyone drives their 250km/h car at 250km/h all the time just because it can do it so there if there is a burnout capability then drivers with do a burn out every single time thy start.

like how scruby thought their would be multitudes of 'hoons' all making their way to the NT to test their cars when the speed limit was removed. like some people have nothing better do than drive 1000's of km just to go a bit faster legally!!

flappist
14th May 2015, 04:19 PM
You will note that neither scrooby nor any of the other usual suspects have made the slightest noise about the open zone as it contradicts everything they stand for.

4Vman
14th May 2015, 04:26 PM
Whats wrong with doing burnouts the old fashioned way?

Chances are its just been disabled in ECU firmware and switch blanks put over the switch, I'm sure the brains trust at SCT will figure out a way to enable it again.

Seems people even need gizmos and help doing burnouts...

Just like reverse parking a car by yourself heal and toe is a thing of the past..

HSE2
14th May 2015, 05:39 PM
It's only got 300 kws. It needs all the help it can get.

4Vman
14th May 2015, 06:29 PM
It's only got 300 kws. It needs all the help it can get.

LOL..

Elks
14th May 2015, 10:34 PM
There is one potential silver lining for local enthusiasts. Drive understands the line-lock function will be disabled but won't be completely deleted from Australian-specification vehicles. Make of that what you will…

Flick switch, done. Next!

Elks
14th May 2015, 10:36 PM
Rob it's more the fact that the car is being muted or sanitized.

It's all about one more step towards oppression from General McCarthy, he's still in charge right?

HSE2
25th May 2015, 02:22 PM
http://behindthewheel.com.au/news/ford-mustang-gets-performance-pack-as-standard/

Ford Mustang gets Performance Pack as standard – Race Red has proven the most popular paint colour so far among Australian Ford Mustang buyers.
Ford Australia has confirmed that both the EcoBoost and V8 powered variants of the new Ford Mustang will come with what it calls a ‘Performance Pack’ as standard.
In what would normally be an optional extra, the Performance Pack includes an under-bonnet ‘K Brace’ to secure the suspension strut towers to the bulkhead; as well as unique chassis tuning, upsized rear sway bar (Fastback), heavy duty front springs, limited slip diff and 19” alloy wheels.
News that the pack will come as standard fitment on the Ford Mustang comes as Ford confirms that 2000 Australian customers have now placed orders for the new Mustang.
The majority of those orders have been for the 5.0 litre V8 variant, but Ford Australia President and CEO Graeme Whickman believes over time the four-cylinder variant will find more buyers.
“Just like in America, we are seeing great early demand for the V8 GT models.”
“But, we think the EcoBoost model will be a bigger seller longer term and help sustain sales longer than most performance cars as people see its great combination of performance and fuel economy.”
The new Ford Mustang is priced from $44,990 and will arrive in Australian Ford dealerships in the second half of the
- See more at: http://behindthewheel.com.au/news/ford-mustang-gets-performance-pack-as-standard/#sthash.uMuao1KE.dpuf

4Vman
25th May 2015, 02:41 PM
2000 confirmed deposits hey??!!

FTe217
25th May 2015, 02:56 PM
We know thats just noise.

GavL
25th May 2015, 03:59 PM
2000 confirmed deposits hey??!!

Previously it was "more than" 15,000 expressions of interest, so 2000 confirmed deposits would equate to 13.3% conversion. If these are real numbers then it's not a bad conversion from lead to sale, I would have expected around 8%.

4Vman
25th May 2015, 05:59 PM
Previously it was "more than" 15,000 expressions of interest, so 2000 confirmed deposits would equate to 13.3% conversion. If these are real numbers then it's not a bad conversion from lead to sale, I would have expected around 8%.
A lot of those will have "subject to" clauses too.

That's the first 6 months of sales locked in taking it uptill this time next year...

4Vman
25th May 2015, 06:02 PM
My greatest fear is if Mustang doesn't pan out as a success Ford will see that as a lack of interest in Performance products here and wont bother with anything else....

Randel
25th May 2015, 11:43 PM
Race Red has proven the most popular paint colour so far......

Red - popular?? Go figure

Bluestuff1
26th May 2015, 07:43 AM
Red - popular?? Go figure

and yet it was deleted from Falcon/FPV ?

HSE2
26th May 2015, 10:36 AM
Mustang consumers, different breed you know.

Perko
26th May 2015, 11:41 AM

Must be like Qld XR8 buyers....

4Vman
26th May 2015, 12:04 PM

It's actually an interesting point though, i wonder how many of those 2000 purchases are 1) New to Ford or 2) previous Ford Performance product consumers.?

In my friends case completely new to the brand.

VZTRT
26th May 2015, 12:26 PM
Initial sales (one would think) there would be a spike. There are people who really want Mustang. The question is how will sales go long term.

4Vman
26th May 2015, 12:30 PM
Initial sales (one would think) there would be a spike. There are people who really want Mustang. The question is how will sales go long term.

2000 units pans out to roughly 330 units a month, i personally though it would be higher than that given there is initial flurry of interest and pipe-fill for dealers too although from being involved with the purchase of one we were told every sale had to have a legitimate retail customer and that Ford would be verifying via a phone call to make sure this was the case.

These 2000 units will be delivered in 2 lots between december and may? from memory.

I take that to mean there is no floor stock and very few demo's in the first 2 allocations.

VZTRT
26th May 2015, 12:35 PM
2000 units pans out to roughly 330 units a month, i personally though it would be higher than that given there is initial flurry of interest and pipe-fill for dealers too although from being involved with the purchase of one we were told every sale had to have a legitimate retail customer and that Ford would be verifying via a phone call to make sure this was the case.

I take that to mean there is no floor stock or demo's in the first 2 allocations.

There would have to be at least some floor stock to show the car off (get people in the door) and get people to buy. But I agree with you 330 a month is low considering this is where the highest sales/orders would be. If it stays constant then not too bad....if there is good profit on the car.

4Vman
26th May 2015, 12:38 PM
There would have to be at least some floor stock to show the car off (get people in the door) and get people to buy. But I agree with you 330 a month is low considering this is where the highest sales/orders would be. If it stays constant then not too bad....if there is good profit on the car.

My dealer told me he was not getting floor stock.. Ford made it very clear every sale had to have a home.

I think you'll find sold cars will be progressively rotated into the showrooms and fed out from there to keep something on display.

If people are sitting back holding off purchasing to drive or see one in the flesh they better be quick to coordinate something with a dealer or it will be another 18 months before they can own one.

FTe217
26th May 2015, 01:25 PM
What manufacturer to date can have every model sold and no floor stock ? (disregarding special builds)

4Vman
26th May 2015, 01:34 PM
What manufacturer to date can have every model sold and no floor stock ? (disregarding special builds)

Well under the conditions of sale they cant fail that scenario can they?

If you only import what you've got a confirmed sale for you'll never live outside of that situation.

HSE2
26th May 2015, 01:54 PM
I thought ford said they were working on about 2000 sales per year.

So effectively, if correct, they have one years worth of free kicks.

As a speculative purchase I don't think that's bad going because many thinking about one, will first want to see and or drive before purchase.

I do think ford are right in anticipating ecoboost growth. I think that is a car people need to drive to appreciate.

4Vman
26th May 2015, 02:02 PM
I thought ford said they were working on about 2000 sales per year.

So effectively, if correct, they have one years worth of free kicks.

As a speculative purchase I don't think that's bad going because many thinking about one, will first want to see and or drive before purchase.

I do think ford are right in anticipating ecoboost growth. I think that is a car people need to drive to appreciate.

I thought it was more than that? But i could be mistaken.

I agree though 2000 units without seeing or touching one is a fair effort, the difficulty comes with trying to satisfy those waiting, without demo's and floor stock its hard to do that.

HSE2
26th May 2015, 02:21 PM
I might be wrong then.

4Vman
26th May 2015, 02:24 PM
It will be at least 18 months after it hits peoples driveways before we see demand for Mustang normalize, especially given they are selling off brochure and not out of showrooms.

FTe217
26th May 2015, 05:01 PM
Power overload: 500kW Mustangs confirmed for Oz

Image 4 of 7

Range of Ford Performance Racing parts – including a mega-output Roush supercharger kit – to be available for new Ford Mustang here

We saw it under the bonnet of Ford's wild 'King Cobra' Mustang concept at last November's SEMA aftermarket show in Las Vegas and now motoring.com.au can confirm the most powerful official supercharger kit ever offered by the Blue Oval will be available for Ford's new Mustang in Australia.

The sixth-generation 'Stang arrives in local Ford dealers in December, priced from under $45,000 for the Fastback EcoBoost manual, which is powered by a 233kW/432Nm 2.3-litre turbo-four.

Naturally, V8 versions will also be offered, with a 303kW/525Nm 5.0-litre bent eight gracing the sub-$55K GT coupe and the range-topping Convertible GT ($63,990 plus ORCs).

But for a little bit more money, Aussie Mustang customers will be able to pack a whole lot more performance – a V8 Supercar-crushing 670hp (500kW), in fact.

The power boost comes courtesy of Ford Performance Racing's official 'Super Pack', which was developed by famed US Mustang tuner Roush Performance and has been available from all Ford dealers in North America since shortly after the Mk6 Mustang went on sale there last September.

However, Roush's ballistic 500kW Stage 3 supercharger kit for the Mustang won't be available here from Ford dealers, although Ford Australia is close to announcing an official performance upgrade – developed by its European performance partner Mountune for EcoBoost turbo-four versions of the Mustang, Fiesta ST and Focus ST.

Instead, the hyper-blower for the Mustang GT will be available from Australia's official Ford Performance Racing distributor, Herrod Motorsport, who is also an official Roush Performance agent.

Full details of the high-output Mustang kit will not be announced until company chief, renowned Melbourne-based hot Ford builder Rob Herrod, returns from meetings with Roush and Ford in Detroit next month.

However, motoring.com.au understands the HSV GTS-killing Stage 3 kit could become available here for as little as $12,000-$15,000 depending on exchange rates.

Warranty details also remain unconfirmed, but all Roush kits come with a three-year/36,000-mile warranty in the US when installed by authorised dealers.

The Mustang GT blower kit could be the centrepiece of an entire range of Ford Racing Performance and Roush parts available here, including everything from bespoke body kits comprising body-colour bonnet, body side and quarter window scoops, to 20-inch forged or polished wheels, leather Recaro seats, billet pedals, manual shifter ball and even illuminated door sills.

Ford has announced a limited range of Mustang options for Australia, including racing stripes ($650), a black roof ($975), Nickel Lustre alloys and metallic paint (both $500).

But in the US, Mustang buyers can also choose a Drag Pack comprising heavy-duty half shafts and a rear sub-frame with high-performance bushings, or a Handling Pack with three-way adjustable coil-over suspension, new rear shocks, a stabiliser bar kit and shorter, stiffer springs that lower the car about an inch.

Priced from US $21,995 in North America, Roush's full Stage 3 Mustang GT package includes the supercharger kit, plus a quad-outlet active exhaust system, adjustable-height coil-over suspension with extreme-duty TrakPak axles and 20-inch Quicksilver wheels with ultra-high-performance Cooper RS3 tyres.

It also comes with a full body kit comprising front fascia, grille, chin splitter, hood scoop, side rockers, decklid spoiler, fender badges, windscreen banner, rear blackout panel, driving lights and graphics, plus a numbered/signed engine bay plaque, dash medallion, embroidered floor mats – all Roush-branded.

For many though, the Stage 3 big-bore blower should be enough. It includes Roush's new 2015-spec 2.3-litre Twin Vortices Series (TVS) supercharger, plus a six-rib belt drive system, unique intake manifold, electronic throttle body, air inlet system, fuel rail, high-flow fuel-injectors, air-to-liquid intercooler and a revised ECU with Ford Racing calibration.

Essentially the same spec as the 2014 Shelby GT500, the 'ROUSHcharged' 5.0-litre 'Coyote' V8 is claimed to deliver "more horsepower per litre than any other OE American muscle car, while maintaining an unrivalled level of driveability".

Fitted with an early 625hp (465kW) version, the King Cobra seen at SEMA is said to have achieved a 10.97-second quarter-mile pass at the Milan Dragway in Michigan last August.

Roush also offers a milder 325kW Stage 2 kit for the 5.0-litre GT and a Stage 1 kit for the Mustang EcoBoost in the US.

Ford's hotter naturally-aspirated 5.2-litre Shelby GT350 and GT350R will not be produced in right-hand drive, but a range of Shelby options will also be available for local Mustang owners via another Melbourne-based tuner, Mustang Motorsport Australia.

In fact, Shelby's official Australian mod-shop has already begun conversion work on a handful of 2015 Mustang GTs – the only examples in the country apart from Ford Australia's two left-hand drive models – for anyone willing to pay a handsome premium to be the first to own Ford's new pony car here.

In the absence of a factory RHD version of Chevrolet's new Camaro, the new Mustang looks like being one of the few affordable V8 performance cars to remain after Ford's homegrown Falcon XR8 and the Holden Commodore SS shuffle off in a few years.

Ford Australia now says it has more than 1500 firm orders and 15,000-plus potential buyers for the new pony car more than six months before its local release. It seems they'll have almost as many performance and customisation options.

4Vman
26th May 2015, 05:23 PM
repost...
http://falconforums.com.au/showthread.php?3300-500kW-Mustangs-confirmed-for-Oz

Franco Cozzo
26th May 2015, 06:18 PM
repost...
http://falconforums.com.au/showthread.php?3300-500kW-Mustangs-confirmed-for-Oz

Yeah we ended up talking about the real deal cars which drive the front wheels, with real engines which don't have spark plugs :highly_amused:

4Vman
1st June 2015, 05:57 PM
Heard a disturbing rumor today that the first deliveries of Mustang have been delayed till April 2016...

Has anyone else heard this?

Bluestuff1
2nd June 2015, 08:09 AM
nope, but i was told the other day that my Ford dealer has pre sold 30 Mustangs !
Multiply that by how ever many Ford dealers in NZ would add up to good number to be waiting for them come xmas..?

Franco Cozzo
2nd June 2015, 09:30 AM
Heard a disturbing rumor today that the first deliveries of Mustang have been delayed till April 2016...

Seriously if I was waiting that long for my new car I would rage hardcore, maybe a month tops I would wait before I change my mind and choose something else.

prydey
2nd June 2015, 09:44 AM
Seriously if I was waiting that long for my new car I would rage hardcore, maybe a month tops I would wait before I change my mind and choose something else.

many manufacturers have long waiting lists for various models. its not just a ford thing. being a small island in the middle of nowhere, we get the left overs.

Franco Cozzo
2nd June 2015, 09:46 AM
many manufacturers have long waiting lists for various models. its not just a ford thing. being a small island in the middle of nowhere, we get the left overs.

I'm aware of that, the two new cars I've bought, within a week or I buy something else, worked alright because dealers had stock.

I'm putting down tens of thousands, want it ASAP.

4Vman
2nd June 2015, 10:19 AM
Initial delivery was to be August, then December when deposits taken..

Randel
2nd June 2015, 10:27 AM
.....want it ASAP.

Bloody gen y - want everthing now ;) :)

HSE2
2nd June 2015, 10:40 AM
Would make no difference to me. It gets here when it gets here.

4Vman
2nd June 2015, 12:02 PM
Would make no difference to me. It gets here when it gets here.
Makes a huge difference to someone needing to replace a lease vehicle that also needs maintenance....

In fact it could kill a deal.

Franco Cozzo
2nd June 2015, 12:16 PM
Makes you wonder how many people who are coming up out of leases or are looking to buy might look at it, and go nah I'll go another round of SSV/XR8 then 3 years later buy Mustang when there is more stock around so you don't have to wait a year to get your hands on a car.

HSE2
2nd June 2015, 12:24 PM
Makes a huge difference to someone needing to replace a lease vehicle that also needs maintenance....

Which is why I cover that with another car supplied by the dealership.

Generally in the past when I have agreed to terms, I hadn my trade straight over. That gives the dealerhsip the earliest opportunity to sell it an potentially make more money.
In the event the car doesn't show up when it's meant to they cover the period in question.
It's meant I have had to take cars back or they have delivered another car if they happen to get interest or sell the car given to me but its all part of the service.

4Vman
2nd June 2015, 12:30 PM
Makes you wonder how many people who are coming up out of leases or are looking to buy might look at it, and go nah I'll go another round of SSV/XR8 then 3 years later buy Mustang when there is more stock around so you don't have to wait a year to get your hands on a car.

That is a very real chance. Many of those 2000 sales will be on fixed time frames.

I hope the rumor is wrong.

prydey
2nd June 2015, 12:52 PM

for every person that is negatively affected there is probably another person who it affects positively. someone who was coming off lease later may now have the right timing. you can't expect manufacturers to release cars and time it perfectly with everyone's lease plan.

if someone really wants a mustang, they will find a way to make it work, regardless of curveballs along the way.

4Vman
2nd June 2015, 12:57 PM
I realize Rob a Lost sale is equally a new sale opportunity, it doesn't negate the dissatisfaction the stuff around creates one bit though.

prydey
2nd June 2015, 01:12 PM
what promises have been made regarding delivery? and i would imagine there would be fine print absolving the manufacturer and dealer from any blame in delays.

4Vman
2nd June 2015, 01:27 PM
Don't worry about it Rob, ill reserve my comments till I know what's going on.

HSE2
2nd June 2015, 02:26 PM
The only way you cover this sort of event is to write it into the contract.

I do it, most of my friends do it.

In this case I would not have tried to buy the first of these cars but I would rather ford get the. Right than rush to market and have what could be a public embarrassment on their hands if owners have issues.

The last thing you want is to be feeding the perception on American quality.

Remember don't do things that give people easy shots. Better to get it right first time, than use owners to find fault.

Melbnut
2nd June 2015, 05:17 PM

Nope not rumour. I am one who has had dealer confirmation of May delivery. I was in the preorder. There are others with orders in 2014 that are being quoted as April....
Insert rage face x 100000000 here

4Vman
2nd June 2015, 06:05 PM
Nope not rumour. I am one who has had dealer confirmation of May delivery. I was in the preorder. There are others with orders in 2014 that are being quoted as April....
Insert rage face x 100000000 here
Was this confirmed in the past week or 2 or when you paid your deposit?

Melbnut
2nd June 2015, 10:06 PM
Was this confirmed in the past week or 2 or when you paid your deposit?

Confirmed Friday. Deposit was paid ad order date in feb

4Vman
2nd June 2015, 10:10 PM
Confirmed Friday. Deposit was paid ad order date in feb

Thanks.... Hmmm. Not good.

What did you order?!

383gxl
2nd June 2015, 10:35 PM
ford is finding new ways to piss loyal customers off.

Melbnut
3rd June 2015, 07:18 AM
Thanks.... Hmmm. Not good.

What did you order?!

Race red manual gt coupe. Some poor guy who ordered 31st march on cut off day will get his car in August!

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 07:22 AM
I wonder if Color/spec will impact delivery due to batching through the plant?

The UK get the RHD Mustang in October, the US are building about 10000 a month with sales up over 40% on last year..

VZTRT
3rd June 2015, 09:12 AM
The delay doesn't surprised me. Don't think there has been one model launch were Ford could actually supply on time.

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 09:17 AM
The delay doesn't surprised me. Don't think there has been one model launch were Ford could actually supply on time.

If this pans out to be true I think in hindsight the NYE launch has been done 12 months too early.

The sizzle has well and truly gone although it could be argued it was needed to stimulate the pre order sales.

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 12:38 PM
There's been a development.

Too upset and disgusted to share it.

Randel
3rd June 2015, 12:48 PM
There's been a development.

Too upset and disgusted to share it.

Come on mate, spill the beans....

HSE2
3rd June 2015, 01:07 PM
Spill.

Lets have it.

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 01:18 PM
This morning we were told by the dealer:

- Her car which was ordered March 6th wont be delivered till late July 2016. After being told Nov(ish) 2015 initially.
- The first 2 allocations have been delayed, the first will begin arriving march/april and will progressively be delivered through to october/november.
- Effectively the first 2 allocations (2000 cars) is for the entire supply for 2016.
- Ford have cancelled a special function and drive day for the new Mustang.
- In Lieu of that event starting in sept the LHD cars will do a dealer tour as a static display, not to be driven.
- If you want a car you cannot drive one before delivery.
- They still cannot tell us what the 2 wheel options look like.

Oh and as a parting stab to rub salt into the wound, the dealer told her if she doesn't want the car they're sure someone else will...

So, if you want a new Mustang and havent ordered one yet you have 2 options:

1) Order one today and wait till 2017 or
2) Go into a dealer and put you name on a list for the cancelled orders that have started already.

The other point worth noting is those later 2016 deliveries will cross over the 3rd update MY17 of this product...

Had she known this she would have bought something else to tide her over and waited till 17/18.

This is costing her a lot of money due to the delay.

I honestly regret the day i talked her into this car.

Bluestuff1
3rd June 2015, 01:25 PM
Im sorry chaps, but i find this absolutely disgusting service by Ford Motor Co,
If i had one on order i would have no hesitation in telling the dealers to go get fucked !!!
It absurd , that any one should wait 2 years to get a car that was promised in a few months.
If i was the COE in the USA , i would sack who ever allowed this to occur.

Ford now look like a complete circus, nothing they do appears to have any logic at all.

I haven't ordered one, but as a loyal ford man i am appalled by this ridiculous situation !!

VZTRT
3rd June 2015, 01:32 PM

I bet this will be the last time a Ford will be considered?

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 01:33 PM
I bet this will be the last time a Ford will be considered?

Shes completely horrified to be honest...

Had she known these details she would have leased something else for 3 years to tide her over, now she doesn't know what to do cause her current vehicle is out of lease and needs a lot of maintenance if its to drag on another 14 months..

Franco Cozzo
3rd June 2015, 01:35 PM
This morning we were told by the dealer:

- Her car which was ordered March 6th wont be delivered till late July 2016. After being told Nov(ish) 2015 initially.
- The first 2 allocations have been delayed, the first will begin arriving march/april and will progressively be delivered through to october/november.
- Effectively the first 2 allocations (2000 cars) is for the entire supply for 2016.
- Ford have cancelled a special function and drive day for the new Mustang.
- In Lieu of that event starting in sept the LHD cars will do a dealer tour as a static display, not to be driven.
- If you want a car you cannot drive one before delivery.
- They still cannot tell us what the 2 wheel options look like.

Oh and as a parting stab to rub salt into the wound, the dealer told her if she doesn't want the car they're sure someone else will...

So, if you want a new Mustang and havent ordered one yet you have 2 options:

1) Order one today and wait till 2017 or
2) Go into a dealer and put you name on a list for the cancelled orders that have started alteady.

Had she known this she would have bought something else to tide her over and waited till 17/18.

Can she cancel her order without losing deposit? I'd be looking for other cars, for the price she is paying for the Mustang surely something like SSV Commodore would fit the bill?

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 01:38 PM
Can she cancel her order without losing deposit? I'd be looking for other cars, for the price she is paying for the Mustang surely something like SSV Commodore would fit the bill?
There's a test drive clause she can exercise yes.

She's looking at other cars next week now, euro though..

VZTRT
3rd June 2015, 01:54 PM
Shes completely horrified to be honest...

Had she known these details she would have leased something else for 3 years to tide her over, now she doesn't know what to do cause her current vehicle is out of lease and needs a lot of maintenance if its to drag on another 14 months..

So she should be. Ford has done this so many times. While I guess its good to sell everything it really makes people shop elsewhere when there is so much competition.

HSE2
3rd June 2015, 01:58 PM
I am hearing the outcome but why the delay. What has gone wrong?

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 02:00 PM
I am hearing the outcome but why the delay. What has gone wrong?

No explanation. You have mail.

HSE2
3rd June 2015, 02:04 PM
I have? Where?

So when we say ford, which ford do we mean in this situation?

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 02:13 PM
I have? Where?

So when we say ford, which ford do we mean in this situation?
Email.

I'm not sure who's to blame over this, ultimately if FoNA won't supply or communicate accurate info there's nothing FoA or the Dealer can do.

The customer really couldnt give a shit though.. everyone to them is "Ford" and they're not getting their car, how and why becomes irrelevant.

Franco Cozzo
3rd June 2015, 03:42 PM
Is it they can't build enough to meet demand or is it a limitation with sending RHD and LHD cars down the same line?

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 04:00 PM
Is it they can't build enough to meet demand or is it a limitation with sending RHD and LHD cars down the same line?

Id say they have had extra demand in the states and those orders come first, the UK is due for RHD product in November so id say they get there's before us too.

If our product is a unicorn and has a unique spec different to the UK we'll get looked after last...

The irony in all this is Mustang is not a large seller in the state in terms of total numbers, last year they averaged 6500 a month, in fact up until 2006 Falcon outsold Mustang quite comfortably.

It must be manufactured on a low capacity line.

WASP
3rd June 2015, 04:09 PM
Craig from Mustang Motorsport

https://youtu.be/aK8vVk4_n2Q

Perko
3rd June 2015, 04:09 PM
The customer really couldn't give a shit though.. everyone to them is "Ford" and they're not getting their car, how and why becomes irrelevant.

Exactly. This situation should never be allowed to happen. Launch of the Mustang should not have happened until stock was almost ready to ship. This is a real test of how Ford will handle their new business model moving forward. They are importers after the Falcon goes. Everything must be planned with full contingencies done. If that means we get a release well after the States then so be it. The info from their sites is enough free advertising for our local market. Instead Ford could have spent a butt load of money on a product that can't be supplied to the consumers expectations.

I hope that they get it sorted. Expectations are a dangerous thing. Under deliver and this is generally remembered for a long time. If it is out of Ford Australia's hands then this is sad. I really do believe that they would be doing their best. I have been impressed with the efforts they have made with the Falcon. But unfortunately if this supply issue is true they will be the scapegoat. Just more fuel for Dowling.

HSE2
3rd June 2015, 04:12 PM
So.

Seeing as we don't have to launch mustang this year, we can now afford motorsport.

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 04:16 PM
I can tell you categorically with every order i take i have to either give a confirmed delivery date or at worst an eta.

I absolutely MUST stick to those dates at all costs.

But then again im in a different situation, without repeat business my business will be dead within 12 months.

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 04:17 PM
So.

Seeing as we don't have to launch mustang this year, we can now afford motorsport.

Yeah that plan worked well didn't it.... Pulled funding 12 months too early....

Lets not forget originally Mustang was to be in showrooms Q3 2015....

flappist
3rd June 2015, 04:26 PM
When I ordered my GTP on 12/2/2003 I was told two to three months for delivery.
I was later told there were problems and it would be delayed.
I was then told it would be delayed until October/November.
I was then told that there was a particular part that was faulty that was delaying production and it might be 2004.
I drove it away from the dealership 7/5/2003.

Wait until the first ones arrive and then see how it goes. There are more lies, hype and headless chook impersonations in car dealerships than in the house of reps and senate combined.

WASP
3rd June 2015, 04:31 PM
I cant imagine too many people knowingly wishing to ordering a year + in advance for the Mustang. There are simply too many other good options out there in 2 door performance cars, admittedly most of the best one's are more money with maybe the exception of a 370Z. Audi, BMW, Renault, Lexus & Merc all have some crackers.

HSE2
3rd June 2015, 04:55 PM
If I were in this situation I think I would wait. Whatever the issue is, who knows what ford could end up doing to bring the cars here quicker.

TS50
3rd June 2015, 05:05 PM
If I were in this situation I think I would wait. Whatever the issue is, who knows what ford could end up doing to bring the cars here quicker.

the difference is Ian, you have 304 other cars, so if one is delayed, its not a problem,
Its also not really a problem if its being bought as a toy
but if its your daily, and the other is out of lease, or needs money spent on it, its a problem

Perko
3rd June 2015, 05:06 PM

Manufacture in Australia :highly_amused:

TS50
3rd June 2015, 05:14 PM
Manufacture in Australia :highly_amused:

there is a comedian born every second

the problem with the Mustang being built in Australia, is that we couldn't replicate the build quality

I mean the last Falcon built like an American car was 30 years ago

WASP
3rd June 2015, 05:18 PM

I here you buddy. I'd personally wait for a GT350 or 500, but not a GT/EcoBoost sorry. The 350 is very unique proposition, but in a few years time there will be thousands of Mustangs everywhere. That is If Ford can supply them.

Perko
3rd June 2015, 05:21 PM
there is a comedian born every second

the problem with the Mustang being built in Australia, is that we couldn't replicate the build quality

I mean the last Falcon built like an American car was 30 years ago

Dunno there. Don't forget that we don't get to see the budgets that they do, so I think that both Holden and Ford do a very good job with the money that they get. Our cars are bred from what we get to work with and local demand. I am sure that the Falcon would have been a very different beast if full budgets would have been given. Tech, and features would have definitely been different. But we don't have the volume and we didn't get the money, so this argument is purely hypothetical.

There are a lot of Americans that are happy with this current "30 year old" car though. They would love a 4 door RWD Ford with the engine options we have.

HSE2
3rd June 2015, 06:02 PM
the difference is Ian, you have 304 other cars, so if one is delayed, its not a problem,
Its also not really a problem if its being bought as a toy
but if its your daily, and the other is out of lease, or needs money spent on it, its a problem

Not at all.

I have been in this situation before. Dates change, go in go out, last time it was going to be Feb the following year ended up being Nov of same year.

Until I hear a reason for the delay I wouldn't be taking too much notice of when cars will show up.

Now as for myself I would never have put myself in this position for a daily in the first place.

I said that all along.

If you require daily transport this situation right here is one you avoid.

If you mix it with must have or some sort of other buying concern then you wait.

The length of the wait becomes an issue with model updates.

I hate to say this but the first of any new model, especially ones that are first timers into this country, are ones to avoid if you are relying on them.

I am not surprised by this or shocked.

Sure disappointed for those that are caught with few options.

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 06:20 PM
If Ford can only deliver 2000 Mustangs in the first 20 months of sales you've all got zero hope of anything more special coming along any time in the next 3 years.

No demo's and no floor stock anything this side of 2017...

Im not sure people are seeing the stark reality of this.

HSE2
3rd June 2015, 06:26 PM
For sure there is that aspect but ford have only spoken about mustang being a niche model with around 2000 sales per year.

The people buying these cars are not the people wanting higher output versions.

But the motivation by ford, yes you are right.

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 06:29 PM
In hindsight this was a very poor piece of advice I gave...

Its the fact i've let a friend down, cost them a lot of money in the process and given them poor advice that hurts me as much as the disappointment this has created for someone else.

Franco Cozzo
3rd June 2015, 06:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/505877362873880576/mC7cTyN3.jpeg

Melbnut
3rd June 2015, 08:17 PM
Basically I am in disappointment mode. I am very surprised ford au launched a car and advised the media of a "locked in" delivery window for preorders then just basically screwed every one of them, I have however heard some orders being confirmed early. Even so much as a feb delivery for a March order. If that's the case I will be pissed given ford was saying all along delivery is first in best dressed.

I for one will wait for the car but to be honest it has sunk my Everest order and this is the exact reason given to the dealer. It's a ford not a Ferrari. We should not have to wait 12 months plus for a car.

Ford via FB gave me some bs reason about high demand ect. But given the UK preorder is full and so is ours how does this even factor in the delivery equation unless ford na has just said sorry guys we are dedicating more builds to lhd so fuck off

Randel
3rd June 2015, 08:17 PM
Im not sure people are seeing the stark reality of this.

I think these delays will end up being a regular occurrence - we are a blip on the radar of FoMoCo

We will not know how good we have had it, until it has gone....

HSE2
3rd June 2015, 09:06 PM
In hindsight this was a very poor piece of advice I gave...

Its the fact i've let a friend down, cost them a lot of money in the process and given them poor advice that hurts me as much as the disappointment this has created for someone else.

I don't know about that mate.

My XR8 was delayed 2 months due to the gas line explosion or something back in 98. It affected the body kits.

When I signed that deal the dealership wanted my trade straight away. We agreed if the car didn't show up when it was meant to they would supply me with one from the lot.

Things in life don't go to plan.

When ford promoted the release date for this car it would have been with the expectation that they could deliver it.

Something has gone wrong and that's now not possible.

It's not great, it's not even good. It's very bad. There is no sugar coating that and don't think I am trying to.

It's not good business to have people wait for unnecessary periods. They will walk.

If this is quality related, the cars need to be right. You can't bring them to market to satisfy a commitment if the product is flawed.

I cant see how ford Aust have stuffed this up. Something has gone wrong in the U.S. I would think.

This is what you get when you lose control of your product.

This is why I favour our own route for something "more"

It won't always be like this. Ford has been in business for a long time and deliver cars all over the world.

How many times to they get something this wrong.

The guys here will be just as pissed about this as those owners.

Don't forget the rush to move to the new ford. This is their future and it's very important. One would hope it's for a very good reason.

Ford had every reason to think they were doing media stuff this year. I know this for a fact.

Unfortunalty sometimes even the best laid plans go pear shaped.

Maybe ford need to rethink some of these loans cars around the country.

Franco Cozzo
3rd June 2015, 09:37 PM
I think these delays will end up being a regular occurrence - we are a blip on the radar of FoMoCo

Trying to get Mercedes Sprinters in particular specifications was a pain in the ass for our market, we were always the bottom of the list, we had patient transport mobs buying what ever they could get their hands on, and us cutting holes in new vans putting in windows, or changing furniture to suit wrong spec vehicles.

Hell one joint even bought a shitload of used vehicles at auctions.

I'm assuming to meet ADRs our Mustangs are going to be different from the UK model in some way, and because those changes are unique its probably put us on the bottom of the list, our cars go down the line as very low priority.

4Vman
4th June 2015, 07:10 AM
There are 2 types of people buying Mustang, enthusiasts looking for a weekender/life toy and lease tool of trade consumers looking for something special for their next upgrade.

Elks has given us a glimpse into the ratio of lease/cash sales, this would be a hint into that split too.

This delay has no real impact on the enthusiast.

My friend is in the second category, business professional on a 4 year upgrade cycle.

To her it was like buying a new expensive pair of shoes for work because the old ones are boring and worn out, not a piece of art for the loungeroom.

She has no particular attachment to Ford or Mustang. In many ways the perfect target audience to stimulate incremental reach.

To go for any period of time past the lease expiry date creates a host of complications and abnormal costs that people desperately try to avoid.

The thing with this is it's not a single delay nor a short one.

When the news originally surfaced that Mustang was coming here the floated "eta" was Q3 2015.

Then when it came down to hard orders with cutoff dates that eta communicated to buyers was Q4 (Nov) 2015.

Ok, people were a bit disappointed but no biggie, they made contingencies to get there.

Confirmation yesterday took an anticipation of Nov/Dec 2015 to april 2016 and for her particular car July 2016, that's nearly 8 months later than expected and 5 months later than the earliest eta .

It shouldn't matter that this is the first time Mustang is coming here, its been in production in the US for nearly 12 months now, Ford have been building cars for centuries and exporting/importing them for nearly as long.

In the scheme of things our entire 12 month forecast would take approx 1 week at their current production rates.

If you are taking confirmed orders for a product you surely must have an arrangement with your supplier to supply to a rough date (within a 3-5 week date).

It seems just completely baffling that Ford have appeared to have taken orders then presented them to the US to do as they want.

That's a method of business that would see companies in my industry go broke or at the very least never get a repeat order..

Made worse by the fact you're selling to someone who works in a billion dollar industry segment that sells to agree'd deadlines with penalty impacts for late delivery.

If demand has increased in the US that's great, but if you want to be a serious global brand you need to determine approx delivery eta's before taking orders and then stick to your export commitment dates and either ramp up to meet demand or let incremental US orders push out, i.e treat everyone EQUALLY.

If Ford think there are enough customers in Australia to not need repeat business so be it, their strategy is fine. But if not they MUST address these import issues because Mustang is not the first to suffer from them and Ranger is about to hit a wall too apparently.

Surely Ford are more organized than this because other car manufacturers are.

Wasnt the "One Ford" strategy to do this?????

Bluestuff1
4th June 2015, 08:06 AM
sorry guys, but i think you are being to nice to Ford management in Aust,
there is NO excuse for this complete blunder that is Mustang down under..!
as you pointed out, our quota is merely a weeks production, so it would be a drop in a bucket to syphone off 2000-3000 units to send to us.Even stagered over a three month period would work.
You say we are to small to worry about, we that is actualy a plus point, because as i just said, to get a hand full from the UK quota would even be noticed, so easily doable.
Look at it from the petective of any other retailer.
Who would advertise/ product launch an item on New Years eve 2014 and expect every one to rush out and buy it, then say,
Oh by the way, you wont get it for two years !!?....WTF ?
Would you wait two years for your stereo, bed, dinner table, a roof for your house, medicine for your kids ...???

Its just ridiculous, absurd.
Iv been in bussiness, i been in retail, there is no excuse, it is terrible bussiness , and Ford should be flamed for it?
We waited Two years for Mondeo ,now Mustang, and soon Ranger.
What else are we going wait for delivery after the sale date.
If this continues, Ford AU will cease to exsist as a major player in the market and become the joke that the Koreans and Chinese were to begin with ...
Im actualy rather angry with Ford over this, i feel personaly let down, irrespective of my purchase or not..
Ford, aka the blue team, are becoming seemingly incompetent ,
Perhaps i will change my handle from " blues tuff 1 " , "to blues a looser Ford branded 1 "

Grrrrr......

TS50
4th June 2015, 08:14 AM
Half the problem is that what Australia requires for a vehicle to meet ADR is different than anywhere else
So they just cant slot some Australian Build cars in their normal production line run (or can they?)

I don't believe its Ford Australia that has let us down, I think its Ford USA
I am sure Ford Australia negotiated with Ford USA for x amount of cars at a certain time, and Ford US, would have aid, yep no problems
But something has happened, and Ford US think oh well Aust is only a drop in the ocean, it wont matter if we make them wait

4Vman
4th June 2015, 08:19 AM
Half the problem is that what Australia requires for a vehicle to meet ADR is different than anywhere else
So they just cant slot some Australian Build cars in their normal production line run (or can they?)

I don't believe its Ford Australia that has let us down, I think its Ford USA
I am sure Ford Australia negotiated with Ford USA for x amount of cars at a certain time, and Ford US, would have said, yep no problems
But something has happened, and Ford US think oh well Aust is only a drop in the ocean, it wont matter if we make them wait

I have no doubt FoA's hands are tied on this.

I'm personally becoming a bit fed up with peoples acceptance that because we're a drop in the ocean its ok for us to get neglected. (not saying you're saying this).

We had control of our own supply and it was forced to die (by various means) because consolidation was supposed to benefit us.

If you want control of manufacturing and want to maintain an active foot print here either treat this market equally or F%&K Off and stay a US only brand/product.

MB/BMW/Audi do it well, as do others.

Its that simple.

Perko
4th June 2015, 08:36 AM
I don't know whether people have accepted it so much Norm, I think that they have simply voted with their feet and wallets. This is why other brands continue to become stronger. They deliver the products that people want when they want it. Simple business.

4Vman
4th June 2015, 08:39 AM
I don't know whether people have accepted it so much Norm, I think that they have simply voted with their feet and wallets. This is why other brands continue to become stronger. They deliver the products that people want when they want it. Simple business.

That is a very good point.

I speak from the perspective of a Ford enthusiast.

As a consumer though choice allows you to object quietly.

prydey
4th June 2015, 09:09 AM
so does anyone have any actual 'facts' as to why the apparent delay??

4Vman
4th June 2015, 09:10 AM
so does anyone have any actual 'facts' as to why the apparent delay??

Does it really matter why????

prydey
4th June 2015, 09:17 AM
Does it really matter why????

really???

do they have a magic wand they can just wave and make cars appear, regardless of any situation.

this whole thread has been derailed by people going off half cocked without any details regarding the reason for the hold up.

apparently when ford first released the vehicle and gave an ETA, they should have been able to see in to the future and predict what may happen.... seriously.

4Vman
4th June 2015, 09:22 AM
Half cocked? Really?

I'm repeating what Ford have said, it's not made up.

If I'm late with an order my customers don't give a stuff why and don't want excuses.

They want solutions.

I don't get the luxury of fluid deadlines, I either commit or my competitors will and I go broke.

prydey
4th June 2015, 09:43 AM
its not that simple.

Perko
4th June 2015, 09:49 AM
Don't know the full facts but the end result still appears to be the same. The product is not being delivered to timelines.

The reasons are important from a learning point of view but depending on the buyer does not make the situation any better. We import a lot of product with my current job. They have had huge issues in the past with running out of stock and pissing customers off. I have had to change the customers and company processes so that it operates a lot better. The main thing that I have implemented is a process that is transparent and that can be followed by everyone.

1. Found out production schedule and "worst case scenario". Work must be done with production and a volume agreement put in place. Once this is agreed to we can go to market with a product and timeline.
2. This worst case scenario is what I base my forecasted delivery times on. Customers are informed of how the ordering process works and how delays may happen.
3. Then get them to place their orders. They understand when we anticipate it to come (worst case scenario) but also keep them in the loop with shipping dates etc when the product is ready. Now if it gets delivered early they are happy but if there are delays then we still should be pretty close to deadline.

Now I am not sure what information was provided to Mustang customers and whether delay times were explained. So maybe I am being too hasty. But if it wasn't explained in this manner and planning not done correctly then Ford do need a kick up the butt. The thing that we don't know is where the call came from or what the problem is. If Mustang is as popular as reports have suggested have the US changed schedules to meet their own local demand? That to me would be disappointing but also not unexpected. One Ford works only for the US.

4Vman
4th June 2015, 09:54 AM
Perko you are spot on and that's exactly how it should evolve.

No, my friend was not kept in the loop and had to chase the dealer yesterday at my insistence otherwise today she'd still be none the wiser.

prydey
4th June 2015, 10:00 AM
so, using your examples, isn't it possible that ford have also given a 'worst case' scenario, and deliveries could still happen earlier??

i'm not saying the wait time is acceptable, but i do believe it is important to know the 'why' behind the delay before sticking the boots in.

this isn't a product that you can just source from elsewhere if one supplier has an issue. you can't compare this with other industries.

what happened when Typhoon was released in 2004? clutch problems, delays....

4Vman
4th June 2015, 10:08 AM
Rob, lead times are one thing, if it's 12-18 months just tell the customers when they order a car, at least they can decide it the wait is acceptable but we're talking 5-8 months late....

Not 2 or 3 weeks....

In US terms that's 50-80,000 cars

prydey
4th June 2015, 10:14 AM
yes, i acknowledged that it is a long time to wait for a car, but without knowing the full reasons for the delay, its a bit like chucking a tantrum.

you are looking at this with the benefit of hindsight.

4Vman
4th June 2015, 10:23 AM
yes, i acknowledged that it is a long time to wait for a car, but without knowing the full reasons for the delay, its a bit like chucking a tantrum.

you are looking at this with the benefit of hindsight.

So customers should be sympathetic to Fords position??

HSE2
4th June 2015, 10:29 AM
I have no doubt FoA's hands are tied on this.

I'm personally becoming a bit fed up with peoples acceptance that because we're a drop in the ocean its ok for us to get neglected. (not saying you're saying this).

We had control of our own supply and it was forced to die (by various means) because consolidation was supposed to benefit us.

If you want control of manufacturing and want to maintain an active foot print here either treat this market equally or F%&K Off and stay a US only brand/product.

MB/BMW/Audi do it well, as do others.

Its that simple.

The problem I have here is that MB BMW and Audi have these issues too.
Do they miss onsale dates, that I am not sure about but waiting periods for some of the models from those companies can be 6-12 months.

Two guys at work ordered dmaxs, one was a 4 month wait, the other a 6 month wait.

As companies try to manage stock levels so as there isn't excessive discounting going on, this is going to happen.

There is zero point going off at Ford on assumptions. What are the issues?

And yes that does matter.

If it is mismanagement it's different to supplier issues that are out of their control.
If it regulatory that's another issue.

There is no point looking at what we had. Short of WW3 against Asia in the next 6 months nothing will change the direction we are on.

I see some poeple here who just don't learn.
Give ford a problem to fix and let them fix it.
If these delivery dates can be brought back in don't you think they will do that?

What's going to happen if those being told their cars will be April get them in January. January wouldn't be that bad.

I have purchased a few Falcons, made here, under our control.
My au was two months late.
My FG GT 4 months late. Hell there was something like 300 miami sitting at FPV with their exhaust removed and parts being shipped back to SA.

I have a two month wait for our FGX ute.

You are only going to need a hiccup with shipping and there is one month right there.

I don't understand the issue and am not unsympathetic. I understand the appearance of being told a date then the implications when things don't work out.

Give me the reason for this delay. Until such time there are facts on the table it's not responsible to be saying this or that.

If I were in this situation, the delay isn't the problem. I would be asking ford what are you doing about it. Are you increasing shifts, working overtime, assigning extra resources, tell me what you are doing to minimise the delay.

Before I cancelled I would want a picture of the likelihood of the date changing again. Either in or out.

prydey
4th June 2015, 10:30 AM

why not?

and what exactly is Ford's position?

If Ford have decided its better to keep their european customers happy over the australian ones, then thats their prerogative i guess, and could cost them many sales in australia, but no doubt if that were the case, they would be aware of the possibility of lost sales and it would give an insight in to how little sales really matter in australia.

what they do know, is that every car they bring here will likely get sold.

you will argue that this will affect their whole brand image, but i put it to you that those buying mustang probably wouldn't have been looking to buy any other fords anyway, so they aren't really affecting their brand.

Perko
4th June 2015, 10:34 AM
so, using your examples, isn't it possible that ford have also given a 'worst case' scenario, and deliveries could still happen earlier??

i'm not saying the wait time is acceptable, but i do believe it is important to know the 'why' behind the delay before sticking the boots in.

this isn't a product that you can just source from elsewhere if one supplier has an issue. you can't compare this with other industries.

what happened when Typhoon was released in 2004? clutch problems, delays....

Yeh if they have given worst case scenarios at time of order that is fine. Whether it is 2 weeks, 2 months, 18 months it doesn't really matter for me. Just as long as the buyer is informed. Then they can make the decision as to what is acceptable and what is not. The same thing with my XR8. I was told that it should be made in the September build so expect delivery in October but maybe November/December if there are any issues. December would be pushing the friendship but happy to get the car none the less. If I wasn't happy with that timeline then my options would be to find another dealer with a better schedule or buy another vehicle all together.

This product is the same is other companies that have a proprietary product. We have one in particular that we can only get from one supplier. First year in this season went mad. Now have to forecast and work with market/production. So as to make sure we get enough for the market and also not go so hard to over cook the market, but also grow our share and advantage. Sort of like the Mustang in a way.

HSE2
4th June 2015, 10:34 AM
Is this what has happened?

Has Austrllan cars been delayed due to market priorities in other regions?

4Vman
4th June 2015, 10:35 AM
Again, the lead time is not the issue if its communicated at order placement, give or take a month.

If there's a significant blowout to that If the dealer wants to maintain a sale id suggest they're the ones that need to be proactive and manage this outcome to satisfy the customer not the customer themselves...

Jus sayin...

Perko
4th June 2015, 10:46 AM

Yes and no here.

If the whole production situation has not been fully explained then the buyer has a right to be mad. Going to happen. If the reason for the delay is explainable and is reasonable then this does not necessarily make the buyer happy but it is THE reason for the delay. As has been stated it may be down to parts etc but I don't know the facts. The question is then what are they doing to solve this? Once again the buyer may not care because they want the car. But depending on the buyer, they may also hold on and wait.

I know coming from my experience with the XR8 that my eyes have opened a little to see what Ford Australia will do if a problem is presented to them. Whether or not it is purely because of my direct contact with certain people in this forum I don't know. However they have done what is required every time. For this I will tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. So here I am sympathetic to Ford Australia if the reasons for the delay are out of their hands. I truly believe that they are trying to do the best for our market in a global playfield where the goals are constantly changing.

Yep I have outlined steps that I take and you would hope that Ford did the same thing. Mustang is a test for them. Just hope that this is just a hiccup that gets sorted.

Perko
4th June 2015, 10:49 AM
Again, the lead time is not the issue if its communicated at order placement, give or take a month.

If there's a significant blowout to that If the dealer wants to maintain a sale id suggest they're the ones that need to be proactive and manage this outcome to satisfy the customer not the customer themselves...

Jus sayin...

What can a dealer do about it apart from communicate what is being said from head office? The trick also is not telling the customer too much unless there is the facts as to why and what solution they are looking at. Always have a solution before going to the customer. Otherwise all they get is a problem communication with no potential outcome.

4Vman
4th June 2015, 10:50 AM
Let me put it another way, with the way it's been handled with no willing explanation for a delay despite requests should they be sympathetic?

flappist
4th June 2015, 10:56 AM
The poms don't have theirs either. Remember this is the first ever RHD Mustang so there will be a HUGE amount of engineering differences and glitches that may pop up.

Remember the original F6.

Proven engine with a long history of reliability in very adverse conditions.
Proven clutch system from the GT40 known to work perfectly with the yank engines for many years.

Put them together and all of a sudden very strange things happened which took some VERY clever engineers quite a long time to resolve.

And in the big picture if you want to buy something else because Ford do will not supply what you want when you want it then go ahead a buy something else.
When the FG first came out I was told there would not be a F6-E and I had no interest in the 5.4 GT-E so I bought a 350Z.
I now have a XR6T ute and am due for a new car in April 2016.
If the Mustangs are about and are as good as I think they will be than I will probably buy one.
If not and there is a "XR6T Sprint" then I might buy one of them.
If not then I will buy something else.

I will worry about what cars are available when I am ACTUALLY going to buy one.

If I was looking at buying a Mustang with delivery in October and they told me it may/will be delayed I would wait until September and see what, if anything, has changed and make a decision then.
Every other marque and model that would be available then will be available then so it is not like I would not be able to buy any car at all.

More so I would not be happy if I had a spit now, cancelled my order and bought "plan B" only to have my "plan A" available when I wanted it but I had contracted myself out of it......

4Vman
4th June 2015, 11:16 AM
The UK are still on track for Nov.

4Vman
4th June 2015, 11:49 AM
If i was in a position to influence Ford and the Dealership?

Ford:

Tell the dealers what's going on and ask them to communicate the reasons and details of the shifted ETA's immediately and identify how many customers are unhappy.

Dealer:

Communicate this information to every consumer, at the end of the conversation ask them if the delay impacts them in any way or not.

If not everything is fine.

If it does define clearly what the issues with the delay are and work with the customer to find a happy resolution to the delay, be that trying to bring forward a delivery or simply provide a loan car.

But do something, retain the customer and keep them happy not just say we will let you out of the contract and find another buyer...

Its not rocket science, its simple sales and showing you care about your customers.

flappist
4th June 2015, 12:01 PM
The UK are still on track for Nov.

Hmm, was that off the website or did you consult a UK dealer?

The Australian Ford site states "Coming in 2015"

4Vman
4th June 2015, 12:11 PM
Hmm, was that off the website or did you consult a UK dealer?

The Australian Ford site states "Coming in 2015"

Ford AU's website also calculated the price of the Mustang incorrectly for 6 weeks too..

Ironically demand for Mustang in the states is up 40% on last year....

Hmmm....

dash gt
4th June 2015, 12:20 PM
Wow... I thought I was getting one in October... Just rang my dealership and have been quoted June 2016 delivery. He has some that are out till Sept 2016 from the initial order.

4Vman
4th June 2015, 12:22 PM
Wow... I thought I was getting one in October... Just rang my dealership and have been quoted June 2016 delivery. He has some that are out till Sept 2016 from the initial order.

Yep..

So what excuse were you given..?

dash gt
4th June 2015, 12:29 PM
Didn't know. I didn't get to talk to my main contact. I have put a call to him and I am waiting for a call back.

They can keep it, Ford Australia are a joke. The pressure was on people to make a commitment and now they do this? LOL great way to run a business.

VZTRT
4th June 2015, 12:34 PM

Going to? Go back to the launch of the XR5 and there have been shortages. This seems to be a common occurrence when they launch a new model.

really???

do they have a magic wand they can just wave and make cars appear, regardless of any situation.

this whole thread has been derailed by people going off half cocked without any details regarding the reason for the hold up.

apparently when ford first released the vehicle and gave an ETA, they should have been able to see in to the future and predict what may happen.... seriously.

This is the company that said that people had to get their orders in at a certain date or they would have to wait much longer for one.
Now that is BS that its blown out a fair bit.

Franco Cozzo
4th June 2015, 03:54 PM
Ford AU's website also calculated the price of the Mustang incorrectly for 6 weeks too..

Ironically demand for Mustang in the states is up 40% on last year....

Hmmm....

They probably weighed up how many they would sell in our market, looked at their own market, and gone fuck Australia, who cares its not worth much sales and there is no GM competitor, they can wait, lets look after us first with our huge market.

4Vman
4th June 2015, 04:04 PM
They probably weighed up how many they would sell in our market, looked at their own market, and gone fuck Australia, who cares its not worth much sales and there is no GM competitor, they can wait, lets look after us first with our huge market.
Well if that's the truth I hope they come out and say it.

It would solve a number of issues for me.

flappist
4th June 2015, 04:22 PM

Except there is only one place in the world where there is the level of tribalism that we have here. In most of the rest of the world Ford vs GM is no more than Mazda vs Nissan.

Melbnut
4th June 2015, 04:53 PM

I think you have hit the nail on the head exactly. There is no competitor. Ford would have consulted with ford au on potential expected cancellation vs orders and said screw it you can wait.

I can't imagine it's an engineering issue there are no fundamental changes to the car at all are there? Also they would have known these well before this week.

I have an order and will keep it but will not be buying another ford (Everest)

Those of you suggesting that I have any sympathy for ford.. What are you smoking?? We are sold a product and pushed to pay a deposit on the premise of a 2015 delivery then told it's another 6 months without any explanation at all... What a terrible way to run a business

flappist
4th June 2015, 06:00 PM
Hmm coupe in the $60-80k range....

Nissan 370z, Infinity Q60 BMW M235i, BMW 428i, Lexus RC350, Mercedes C250 (and a few others), whatever from Audi......

Of course what some of you means is there is no holden bogan mobile.

Like the vast majority of new car buyers I do not care that there is no holden and even if there was I would not buy it.

Bluestuff1
4th June 2015, 06:39 PM
I was in my dealers today, the sales manager says they have 33 confirmed orders for Mustang, and had supply confirmed for August. They hadn't heard of any delays?
Interesting the 33 was only 2 4cyl models ..lol

I also sat in a focus ST, you don't sit in those seats, you are IN those seats, they are excellent !
They still cant promise me a Titanium Mondoe wagon until late in the year at best.

4Vman
4th June 2015, 06:46 PM
I was in my dealers today, the sales manager says they have 33 confirmed orders for Mustang, and had supply confirmed for August. They hadn't heard of any delays?
Interesting the 33 was only 2 4cyl models ..lol

I also sat in a focus ST, you don't sit in those seats, you are IN those seats, they are excellent !
They still cant promise me a Titanium Mondoe wagon until late in the year at best.
August what year?

pacificfordqld
4th June 2015, 06:48 PM
Being a dealer I couldn't leave this thread without a post. All I can stress is please keep in contact with your dealer regarding your vehicle or if you have any questions. We as a dealership are in contact with all our Mustang customers, like we always have been with other Ford products. All I can say is don't believe everything you read on the internet. Speak directly with a Ford dealership rep in person. We are here to help with your questions.

Perko
4th June 2015, 07:05 PM
Being a dealer I couldn't leave this thread without a post. All I can stress is please keep in contact with your dealer regarding your vehicle or if you have any questions. We as a dealership are in contact with all our Mustang customers, like we always have been with other Ford products. All I can say is don't believe everything you read on the internet. Speak directly with a Ford dealership rep in person. We are here to help with your questions.

On top of it as always guys. Any chance you boys can take a job at head office?

Melbnut
4th June 2015, 09:32 PM
On top of it as always guys. Any chance you boys can take a job at head office?

How is this being on top of it? There is no reference to providing any actual information. I have spoken with my dealer as have many others who have advised this delay. If you have reasons behind the delay that you habe provided to your customers then please share.

VZTRT
5th June 2015, 10:09 AM
I think you have hit the nail on the head exactly. There is no competitor. Ford would have consulted with ford au on potential expected cancellation vs orders and said screw it you can wait.

I can't imagine it's an engineering issue there are no fundamental changes to the car at all are there? Also they would have known these well before this week.

I have an order and will keep it but will not be buying another ford (Everest)

Those of you suggesting that I have any sympathy for ford.. What are you smoking?? We are sold a product and pushed to pay a deposit on the premise of a 2015 delivery then told it's another 6 months without any explanation at all... What a terrible way to run a business

It wouldn't be an engineering issue, but more of a supply issue I would think. Not sure how good Ford NA are when supply issues arise.

The only eng issue would be if there was a major fault with the car and the part cannot be added after the car is built but one would think that would be public knowledge if the car is already being delivered to customers....unless its a RHD issue only.

pacificfordqld
5th June 2015, 10:33 AM
How is this being on top of it? There is no reference to providing any actual information. I have spoken with my dealer as have many others who have advised this delay. If you have reasons behind the delay that you habe provided to your customers then please share.

Melbnut we do not know of the reasons on the delivery date changes at this time. At a guess, new Mustang is an instant hit overseas and factories are working non stop in the USA? There is no reason why a dealership doesn't want to delivery your car on time, how does this benefit us? This is why I am saying stay in contact with your dealer who has ordered your car. I cannot share information on every customers vehicle, each unit is different.

pacificfordqld
5th June 2015, 10:35 AM
Pacific Ford will have a Triple Yellow V8 on display on the 20 and 21 of July.

Display only, no driving.

Melbnut
5th June 2015, 10:41 AM
Melbnut we do not know of the reasons on the delivery date changes at this time. At a guess, new Mustang is an instant hit overseas and factories are working non stop in the USA? There is no reason why a dealership doesn't want to delivery your car on time, how does this benefit us? This is why I am saying stay in contact with your dealer who has ordered your car. I cannot share information on every customers vehicle, each unit is different.

Whilst I appreciate your posting the information is not informative :) nobody has suggested that the dealer(s) don't want to deliver customer cars. The point is related to how terrible the whole process was run and the lack of transparency on reasons behind the delay.

We pay deposits for a car that is running 6 months late and it seems like ford au pushed for deposits to gauge actual sales without having any confirmed allocation for the car. This may not be what happened but this is the perception.

If ford au are not advising dealers of reasons behind the delay then they should stop using the line "contact your dealer for more information"
I have great respect for a dealer posting on a forum as you are likely to cop the brunt of purchaser annoyance but it would be great to get actual information (like your car viewing) :)

Perko
5th June 2015, 11:55 AM

If you are buying off them give them a call. As they have stated they have been in contact with their customers. From personal experience I can vouch that they are proactive with their service and communication.

pacificfordqld
5th June 2015, 04:01 PM
If you'd like to know when your local dealer is having the display Mustang on show let me know the name and I will let you know! :)

Melbnut
5th June 2015, 05:16 PM
Hah I don't want to say because my dealer has been less than helpful and I bet you know and they have not advised a date :)

galaxy xr8
5th June 2015, 06:58 PM
If you'd like to know when your local dealer is having the display Mustang on show let me know the name and I will let you know! :)

How about Phil Palma Ford in Bendigo Victoria ?.
Thank’s.

GTConvert
5th June 2015, 11:23 PM

B.S. Stillwell at Medindie in SA please. Thanks.

bkstang
6th June 2015, 10:46 AM

MacArthur Ford, Yarmouth Place Narellan, NSW.

Cheers and thanks for the info pacificfordqld

pacificfordqld
6th June 2015, 04:59 PM
How about Phil Palma Ford in Bendigo Victoria ?.
Thank’s.

Is that Bendigo Ford Epsom? If so 23/07 and it is a convertible V8 in blue

pacificfordqld
6th June 2015, 04:59 PM
B.S. Stillwell at Medindie in SA please. Thanks.

15/07 and it is a convertible V8 in blue

pacificfordqld
6th June 2015, 05:05 PM
MacArthur Ford, Yarmouth Place Narellan, NSW.

Cheers and thanks for the info pacificfordqld

Hey only one location for MacArthur and that's Campbelltown on the 24/06 (yes June) a yellow fastback V8 and your welcome!

galaxy xr8
6th June 2015, 06:01 PM
Is that Bendigo Ford Epsom? If so 23/07 and it is a convertible V8 in blue
Yes it is Epsom.
Thank you kindly.

GTConvert
6th June 2015, 11:04 PM
15/07 and it is a convertible V8 in blue

Thanks so much pacificfordqld. Thats awesome as I have a Silver V8 Convertible on order as of 5th March. Wish all dealers were as proactive as you are ! Thanks again for the info.

bkstang
7th June 2015, 12:41 AM
Hey only one location for MacArthur and that's Campbelltown on the 24/06 (yes June) a yellow fastback V8 and your welcome!

You da man pacificford, just over 2 weeks to wait...................

HSE2
7th June 2015, 01:11 PM
jMC Devonport or Launceston Tasmania

FTe217
7th June 2015, 05:13 PM

So does this mean Brad Garlick Ford in Ryde is excluded pacific ?

Elks
7th June 2015, 08:53 PM
Ben away a few days and just catching up.

IMHO. This is a disgrace. We aren't talking a month or two on a short lead time. These cars have been ordered a year out and have without proper communication been kicked out a further six months. And without any proper communication. And the salesman who said if you don't want it, someone else will buy it should be sacked. That just shows a completely unprofessional lack of understanding and empathy.

Ford need to make a statement and repperations to their customers. Free drive day, a free sat Nav (are they standard?) or free servicing. Something anything. Acknowledge the problem and talk to your customer directly.

My fear for FoA this is their new normal. They have suffered terribly and lost sales on Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Ranger and now Mustang and Everest. They, and their dealers carry little stock because some logistics guru worked out they can save two bucks or something. But because there is little stock half the time you can't walk in a buy something unless it's truly vanilla, and their logistics are so bad that you can't plan either.

This will come home to roost when they are outside the top ten in 2017. That's my prediction. And I'll have a bottle of Jack with any FoA employee in management, or sales and marketing who is game that they will not be in the Top 8 manufacturers in this country in 2017.

Melbnut
7th June 2015, 09:06 PM
Ben away a few days and just catching up.

IMHO. This is a disgrace. We aren't talking a month or two on a short lead time. These cars have been ordered a year out and have without proper communication been kicked out a futprther six months. And without any proper communication. And the salesman who said if you don't want it, someone else will buy it should be sacked. That just shows a completely unprofessional lack of understanding and empathy.

Ford need to make a statement and repperations to their customers. Free drive day, a free sat Nav (are they standard?) or free servicing. Something anything. Acknowdedge the problem and talk to your customer directly.

My fear for FoA this is their new normal. They have suffered terribly and lost sales on Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Ranger and now Mustang and Everest. They, and their dealers carry little stock because some logistics guru worked out they can save two bucks or something. But because there is little stock half the time you can't walk in a buy something unless it's truly vanilla, and their logistics are so bad that you can't plan either.

This will come home to roost when they are outside the top ten in 2017. That's my prediction. And I'll have a bottle of Jack with any FoA employee in management, or sales and marketing who is game that they will not be in the Top 8 manufacturers in this country in 2017.

100% agree

4Vman
9th June 2015, 10:33 AM
Update..

Strong Communications have been made and escalated to the Ford RM, they cannot comment on the delay (either can't or don't know), but will keep her informed of any ability to deliver earlier.

FTe217
9th June 2015, 10:47 AM
Well Norm, kudos you keep batting for another customer without this kind of support would walk away take their $$$ elsewhere soon enough.

4Vman
9th June 2015, 10:58 AM
Well Norm, kudos you keep batting for another customer without this kind of support would walk away take their $$$ elsewhere soon enough.

I'm trying to coach her through this but her comments a fairly blunt, "i shouldnt need to plead with them to chase my car and help me out"..

"Ive never had to do this with any other car purchase..."

pacificfordqld
9th June 2015, 11:02 AM
So does this mean Brad Garlick Ford in Ryde is excluded pacific ?

No, Brad Garlick Ryde 29/06 Yellow V8 fastback

pacificfordqld
9th June 2015, 11:14 AM
jMC Devonport or Launceston Tasmania

Jackson Ford Lauceston- 25/09
Tilford P/L Hobart- 28/09

Yellow V8 Fastback

FTe217
9th June 2015, 12:20 PM
No, Brad Garlick Ryde 29/06 Yellow V8 fastback

Thanks !
Noted and will check it out, shame about the colour but I'll picture it in black or blue.

pacificfordqld
9th June 2015, 01:42 PM
Thanks !
Noted and will check it out, shame about the colour but I'll picture it in black or blue.

No worries, just wear really tinted sunglasses.

FTe217
9th June 2015, 02:36 PM
Noted pacific.

Whenever I see yellow cars I picture banana's in pajamas ! must have been a nightmare in my past, differing reaction to Ian - Colville :)

Melbnut
9th June 2015, 02:42 PM
Ok I'll bite

Courtney and Patterson. Melbourne

HSE2
9th June 2015, 04:49 PM
Jackson Ford Lauceston- 25/09
Tilford P/L Hobart- 28/09

Yellow V8 Fastback

Champion. Thank you.

Loud
9th June 2015, 06:33 PM
I cancelled my order on the 14th of May (after the line locker shenanigans) and got my deposit back the next day.
In light of the recent developments, my actions seem to have been vindicated.

Randel
9th June 2015, 10:44 PM
I'm trying to coach her through this but her comments a fairly blunt, "i shouldnt need to plead with them to chase my car and help me out"..

"Ive never had to do this with any other car purchase..."

May pay to quit whilst you are ahead Norm.... It may get worse, and from what i remember - she needed a car due to lease running out. I can understand waiting if she was a die hard enthusiast, but if a car is just a car to her?? Imagine the grief you will get it it gives her problems :highly_amused:

Why should you try so hard when Ford obviously aren't?

4Vman
10th June 2015, 07:33 AM
May pay to quit whilst you are ahead Norm.... It may get worse, and from what i remember - she needed a car due to lease running out. I can understand waiting if she was a die hard enthusiast, but if a car is just a car to her?? Imagine the grief you will get it it gives her problems :highly_amused:

Why should you try so hard when Ford obviously aren't?
Mate i don't want to give up, its as much about helping a friend as it is about helping Ford hold a sale and keep a happy customer.

Elks
10th June 2015, 08:23 AM
I think she should pick it it up, and stick it on e-bay pick up a quick $10 just to piss off Ford.

flappist
10th June 2015, 08:29 AM
FFS Do you guys really think that Ford are purposely not supplying cars just to piss you off?

4Vman
10th June 2015, 08:32 AM
FFS Do you guys really think that Ford are purposely not supplying cars just to piss you off?

Tony, someone must know why they're so significantly delayed, a simple apology and assurance that they're going to do everything possible to expedite the situation wouldn't have gone astray, instead she got a "oh well if you dont want it someone else will" response...

Even the response yesterday basically said nothing...

Hardly endearing to a first time customer.

Its all good and well us sitting back with experience as enthusiasts and on how Ford operate making excuses for it and rationalizing "shit happens" and "that's just how Ford do it" but 99% of people these days don't see customer service like that, especially when they themselves live and die by the quality of the service they give to their own customers..

For some reason the automotive industry seems at times to be exempt from basic standards.

Again its not so much the issue that matters but how you handle it.

Ive said it before and i'll say it again, when you've got an issue go to your customers with solutions not problems....

Loud
10th June 2015, 09:01 AM
I totally understand Norm's frustration with how the episode has played out. The actions of the Ford network have been well, shit. If they hope to reinvent themselves post Falcon, this isn't the way to do it.

pacificfordqld
10th June 2015, 09:14 AM
Ok I'll bite

Courtney and Patterson. Melbourne

31/08- Courtney & Patterson Ford, Heidelberg Yellow V8 fastback

pacificfordqld
10th June 2015, 09:17 AM
Guys, there has been communication back and forth to the US and FoA are working on improved ETA's from the Flatrock Plant. I'd say we will have more news next week.

That's all I have at the moment, will keep you up to date.

Perko
10th June 2015, 09:27 AM
Norm someone does know in these circumstances. It's whether the company wants that information to be released or whether they have a solution fully sorted at the moment. No use releasing a statement if you cannot 100% meet it.

This type of challenge is exactly what happened to a company I worked for during a supply issue that also came with an increase in pricing of 200%. We were told on the day about the issues and that the company had no idea when supply would catch up with demand or when the price ceiling would stop. The company feared a huge backlash from customers and damage to their image. This happened regardless. All the employees fought for the truth to come out. At the coal face its what the customers wanted. Just the reasons, our plans and opinions. The reasons were out of our control, there were limited plans due to market forces, and management really wasn't confident when this situation would come back to "normal". After a period of time we did do a number of press releases and regional meeting with stakeholders. The response was one of anger about what had happened but also a better understanding about the situation. The anger was more directed at management who did not let the information out. The information would still have pissed them off but at least the facts were there.

So in this instance I see a lot of similarities. The dealers would not know much more than we do most of the time. This still comes up a lot as we get information here well before my dealers do. Ford are treading that line of "do we tell everyone the absolute truth and then get roasted by keyboard warriors and certain "experts" like Dowling et al", or "do we try to get a solution in place, then release a measured statement of what has happened and the course of action moving forward". The other thing to take into account are the levels of decision makers at play here. We have dealer channel, Ford Oz, then Ford HO who ultimately make the call when it comes to supply and any fixes that could be implemented.

Having such a delay is not good. There is no hiding from that fact. You release a product you should have such roll out plans thoroughly planned. This is not a new process for Ford. However my adage that I use with my clients still remains "Don't judge me on my performances when everything is going well. I will screw up at some point. Accept that. Judge me on how I fix that problem and meet your expectations." With my XR8 issues these were fixed and exactly to my expectations. This is why I am in their corner at the moment. Ford now have a challenge with the Mustang. A solution will take a bit of time to get sorted. Let's sit back and see how they handle it.

Perko
10th June 2015, 09:27 AM
Guys, there has been communication back and forth to the US and FoA are working on improved ETA's from the Flatrock Plant. I'd say we will have more news next week.

That's all I have at the moment, will keep you up to date.

Legend once again. Thanks for the update.

4Vman
10th June 2015, 09:41 AM
Understand Perko and agree. I think many of us work in spaces that require us to maintain ongoing relationships with customers to get repeat business, it would seem the automotive industry doesn't have anywhere near the pressure to maintain that level of relationship intimacy or performance as most sales would be once in a life time or at best a few in s life time.

Very few of us are ever multiple repeat customers.

Rightly or wrongly this will impact how you interact with your customers.

flappist
10th June 2015, 09:44 AM
Tony, someone must know why they're so significantly delayed, a simple apology and assurance that they're going to do everything possible to expedite the situation wouldn't have gone astray, instead she got a "oh well if you dont want it someone else will" response...

Even the response yesterday basically said nothing...

Hardly endearing to a first time customer.

Its all good and well us sitting back with experience as enthusiasts and on how Ford operate making excuses for it and rationalizing "shit happens" and "that's just how Ford do it" but 99% of people these days don't see customer service like that, especially when they themselves live and die by the quality of the service they give to their own customers..

For some reason the automotive industry seems at times to be exempt from basic standards.

Again its not so much the issue that matters but how you handle it.

Ive said it before and i'll say it again, when you've got an issue go to your customers with solutions not problems....

It was not Ford who said that it was the dealer.

4Vman
10th June 2015, 09:56 AM
It was not Ford who said that it was the dealer.
To a customer the Dealer is Ford mate, the interface is them and the contract of sale is with them.

flappist
10th June 2015, 10:07 AM
To a customer the Dealer is Ford mate, the interface is them and the contract of sale is with them.

Then the dealer's salesman is a dickhead.
I had one tell me recently that I had to pay $500 up front right now to even get a look at a new Mustang.

4Vman
10th June 2015, 10:11 AM
Then the dealer's salesman is a dickhead.
I had one tell me recently that I had to pay $500 up front right now to even get a look at a new Mustang.

It's actually the GM.....

VZTRT
10th June 2015, 10:19 AM

You would think they would learn after 10 years of constant fuck ups.

Elks
10th June 2015, 10:36 AM

Of course they are not deliberately trying to piss people off. They are pissing people off by accident and a lack of understanding of the sales process. The important bit here is that they are pissing people off.

I have worked in car and truck companies and been through these sorts of delays and often the fact that they will happen and causes are well known long before it becomes public. Usually the sales team are amongst the last to know. As engineering/production try to fix whatever the hold up is.

The other damage that comes is the loss of customers when you create a gap in the market by non supply. You force them to you competitors product, you force them into justifying their purchase of a competitors product. FoA are about to enter this phase where there will be no FPV or XR8 and no Mustang either. So for 6+ months anyone that wants a high performance Ford, will be offered an XR6T or Focus ST. Both good cars, but if you're an FPV buyer looking for a bit more performance / status / Car-park appeal. They aren't going to cut it..

So it's off to HSV, BMW, Chrysler or wherever, the important point is they are gone.

4Vman
10th June 2015, 12:22 PM
As of today i've just had it confirmed there is approximately a 6-8 week lead time for a new Mustang in the states and people are not happy.

Some are held up due to a glove box air bag issue?

Ordered 5-28 with 7-15 build date

Ordered 4/27. Hopefully take delivery any day now as it's been at the rail yard since the 2nd.

Also this:

Unless I'm mistaken, there's a plant shutdown coming up. Does anybody know if this also means shipping will be stopped? that's all I need, another delay.

Can Ford Service clear this up?

So apparently 8 weeks is a long wait in the states for a new car...

Loud
10th June 2015, 12:44 PM
As of today i've just had it confirmed there is approximately a 6-8 week lead time for a new Mustang in the states and people are not happy.

Some are held up due to a glove box issue?

Also this:

Did they fit FG glove boxes to the new Pony car? :D

4Vman
10th June 2015, 12:46 PM
Canada are out to 3-4 months..

Hmmm. i think we are getting somewhere.

flappist
10th June 2015, 12:49 PM
Of course they are not deliberately trying to piss people off. They are pissing people off by accident and a lack of understanding of the sales process. The important bit here is that they are pissing people off.

I have worked in car and truck companies and been through these sorts of delays and often the fact that they will happen and causes are well known long before it becomes public. Usually the sales team are amongst the last to know. As engineering/production try to fix whatever the hold up is.

The other damage that comes is the loss of customers when you create a gap in the market by non supply. You force them to you competitors product, you force them into justifying their purchase of a competitors product. FoA are about to enter this phase where there will be no FPV or XR8 and no Mustang either. So for 6+ months anyone that wants a high performance Ford, will be offered an XR6T or Focus ST. Both good cars, but if you're an FPV buyer looking for a bit more performance / status / Car-park appeal. They aren't going to cut it..

So it's off to HSV, BMW, Chrysler or wherever, the important point is they are gone.

Hmm....

I think it might be an idea for you to check delays on other cars.

Not the crap povvo demo on the floor but actually ordering one that you want.

The only new cars I have bought in the last 15 years that were not delayed by months were the first F6 which was a povvo and stuck on the floor due to the clutch issue so was very cheap and a Hyundai Getz.
All of the others; GT-P, 350Z, XR6T ute, Navara and Ranger were all delayed.

I have friends who have bought in the last few years, VW, BMW, HSV, FPV even Toyota all of whom had to wait. The VW was one of the little black rockets and it was over a year.

I expect to wait for things I WANT rather than chuck a tanty and rush off to buy "the opposition" out of some sort of childish "revenge".

After all, fine dining is not scoffing on a Big Mac because it only takes a couple of minutes......

4Vman
10th June 2015, 12:54 PM
Hmm....

I think it might be an idea for you to check delays on other cars.

Not the crap povvo demo on the floor but actually ordering one that you want.

The only new cars I have bought in the last 15 years that were not delayed by months were the first F6 which was a povvo and stuck on the floor due to the clutch issue so was very cheap and a Hyundai Getz.
All of the others; GT-P, 350Z, XR6T ute, Navara and Ranger were all delayed.

I have friends who have bought in the last few years, VW, BMW, HSV, FPV even Toyota all of whom had to wait. The VW was one of the little black rockets and it was over a year.

I expect to wait for things I WANT rather than chuck a tanty and rush off to buy "the opposition" out of some sort of childish "revenge".

After all, fine dining is not scoffing on a Big Mac because it only takes a couple of minutes......

I think up to 6 months is a reasonable waiting time for a MTO imported car.

Beyond that is stretching the friendship, 12 months would be a deal breaker for me as 12 months is simply too long out to commit to a product that may be out gunned by newer products released over that 12 month wait.

18 months? Pure craziness, as it stands if you order a new Mustang today its likely not to be here till jan 2017.

Nobody in their right mind can defend that.

Oh, somebody walking on a deal that saw a lead time blow out by 6-8 months on top of the initial 8 months is not throwing a tanty or meal from Maccas, its going to Atlantic or Nobu, or Lynches or Vlado's or Rockpool when Number 1 lost your booking...

Its called choice.

Elks
10th June 2015, 01:42 PM
I think up to 6 months is a reasonable waiting time for a MTO imported car.

Yep I agree. +- and bit depending on how weird your request. 1/2 the Western Stars we sold we ordered ex factory with special options. That takes 6 months.

But we are now talking early 2017 . That's a long way out from here.

We have had to wait for most of the new cars we bought or wait to find the right used one. I buy stuff the I want to be seen in when it's 10 years old. That's my measure. If a car cant survive that test I don't want it. So buying the left overs because its a few $$ cheaper isn't me. but 18 months and counting is extreme.

I know I sound anti Ford here, but nothing could be further from the truth. I bleed blue. I want these guys to succeed, accordingly it kills me when they shoot themselves in the foot like this.

4Vman
10th June 2015, 01:46 PM
I know I sound anti Ford here, but nothing could be further from the truth. I bleed blue. I want these guys to succeed, accordingly it kills me when they shoot themselves in the foot like this.

+ 1.

its the hardest thing to convey in all the disappointment but i couldnt echo those sentiments more.

Its one of the main motivators in persisting with this issue to try to get a satisfactory resolution.

Ford must really address these supply issues as well as manage the let down much better if its to regain its status and footprint here...

As it stands they are making it too easy to shop elsewhere.

flappist
10th June 2015, 02:45 PM
Well what was plan B?

Not tell anyone that there are going to be RHD Mustangs and have then all chucking tanties over "no RWD performance car" ?

Bottom line, they will get here when they get here. If you do not want to wait buy something else and buy a Mustang next time. If you ACTUALLY want one you will eventually buy one.

OR spit the dummy completely, swear you will never buy another Ford and sit in your shitbox holden/Chrysler/whatever and cry when you see others drive past in THEIR shiny Mustangs. It is called freedom of choice and if you really are a dummy spitter then no one will miss you including whatever next "favourite" you cherish until something does not go your way and you hate them too.....

4Vman
10th June 2015, 02:51 PM
Well what was plan B?

Not tell anyone that there are going to be RHD Mustangs and have then all chucking tanties over "no RWD performance car" ?

You seem to be ignoring the significant delay on the estimated delivery date of Nov 2015 at time of sale in March this year.. (altered from the original projection of August 2015 at launch).

Had they hit August 2015 (ok November will do) everyone would be happy.

Bottom line, they will get here when they get here. If you do not want to wait buy something else and buy a Mustang next time. If you ACTUALLY want one you will eventually buy one.

OR spit the dummy completely, swear you will never buy another Ford and sit in your shitbox holden/Chrysler/whatever and cry when you see others drive past in THEIR shiny Mustangs. It is called freedom of choice and if you really are a dummy spitter then no one will miss you including whatever next "favourite" you cherish until something does not go your way and you hate them too.....

Come on now, that's a bit rich coming from someone who sold a F6 to buy a 350Z....

It's a Mustang, not a Ferrari or Porsche or AMG..., its just another Coupe held special by Ford fanatics.

So what are you going to do?

Your plans are stuffed now, you said yourself you wont buy one till you can drive one?

News flash, there's no demo's mate, nothing. The first 2000 cars sold are all committed purchases no stock or demo's, those 2000 cars cover the entire allocation for 2016.

I guess that lumps you with the "dummy spitters" who can shop for other products just as good.

It will be 2017 before you can probably sample one then you'll most likely be waiting till 2018 to get it! assuming the S550 is still in production in 3 years...

That said i believe there's been quite a few cancellations so if you're quick you might be able to grab a cancelled order.. o wait, you want to drive one first.. that's right...

Back to square 1 like everyone freakin else...

prydey
10th June 2015, 04:04 PM
It's a Mustang, not a Ferrari or Porsche or AMG..., its just another Coupe held special by Ford fanatics.

mustang, even here, is pretty much its own brand. its regarded by much more than just ford fanatics.

every one that comes here, whenever they get here, will find a home. i would guess that anyone upset and threatening not to buy a ford ever again, probably wouldn't have anyway even if mustang didn't come here.

flappist is right. this isn't the only case of a long wait time on a new car. no one says its right or wrong, but when you are a tiny island in the middle of the pacific, you aren't a priority. you don't have to like it, but thats the facts.

4Vman
10th June 2015, 04:09 PM
every one that comes here, whenever they get here, will find a home. i would guess that anyone upset and threatening not to buy a ford ever again, probably wouldn't have anyway even if mustang didn't come here.

flappist is right. this isn't the only case of a long wait time on a new car. no one says its right or wrong, but when you are a tiny island in the middle of the pacific, you aren't a priority. you don't have to like it, but thats the facts.

Yep you're right, every one that comes here will find a home, but that's not the point...

Nobody is threatening not to buy a Ford again ever, but if you keep giving people reasons to be that upset you must accept many will take that stance.

Or by supply restrictions and constraints you simply make it too hard to shop the brand..

Either way same result i guess.

This is the longest delivery gestation period ive ever known for a regular production vehicle.. bar none.

As far as the "tiny island we dont count" statement goes i dare Ford (or any car manufacturer for that matter) to come out and say that.

People have paid more money for a Mustang here than anywhere else in the world.

2 months US V 18 months AUS is ludicrous.

If you want to operate as a global brand you either operate on a level(ish) playing field or F%^k off and get out and leave those 1 millionish sales a year to companies that are serious..

Ask Mercedes, BMW, Hyundai, Apple, Coke, Nike etc...

TS50
10th June 2015, 04:41 PM
As far as the "tiny island we dont count" statement goes i dare Ford (or any car manufacturer for that matter) to come out and say that.

No one will ever come out an say it, no one is that stupid
Doesn't mean its not the thought of the day tho
but come on Norm, we are a drop in the ocean
The population of Australia is only equivalent to cities Like Tokyo, New York etc
Australia doesn't have the buying resources
if we did, then we would have our own car building industry still and control our own destiny

prydey
10th June 2015, 05:00 PM
you are the edit king Norm. every time a come back to a topic there is more content added:)

If you want to operate as a global brand you either operate on a level(ish) playing field or F%^k off and get out and leave those 1 millionish sales a year to companies that are serious..

what is ford's global yearly sales, and where does australia rank? yearly ford sales in australia would be in the vicinity of 100000 units, give or take. its chicken feed in the big scheme of things.

no way in the world are they going to hold back releases in other countries just so they can coincide with the australian release.

4Vman
10th June 2015, 05:08 PM
They're not holding back Rob... We're 6 months after the UK

Our full years order will take a weeks production...

flappist
10th June 2015, 05:17 PM
You seem to be ignoring the significant delay on the estimated delivery date of Nov 2015 at time of sale in March this year.. (altered from the original projection of August 2015 at launch).

Had they hit August 2015 (ok November will do) everyone would be happy.

Come on now, that's a bit rich coming from someone who sold a F6 to buy a 350Z....

So what are you going to do?

Your plans are stuffed now, you said yourself you wont buy one till you can drive one?

News flash, there's no demo's mate, nothing. The first 2000 cars sold are all committed purchases no stock or demo's, those 2000 cars cover the entire allocation for 2016.

I guess that lumps you with the "dummy spitters" who can shop for other products just as good.

It will be 2017 before you can probably sample one then you'll most likely be waiting till 2018 to get it! assuming the S550 is still in production in 3 years...

That said i believe there's been quite a few cancellations so if you're quick you might be able to grab a cancelled order.. o wait, you want to drive one first.. that's right...

Back to square 1 like everyone freakin else...

I specifically wanted the 350Z and specifically did not buy the FG F6 which was available because I did not want a panda eyed fast and furious cop magnet.
I asked FPV if they were going to make a F6-E or if I could buy an F6 which was not a panda eyed and the answer was NO on both cases, not maybe, not in a few months, NO.
The G6ET had no braking ability and no LSD so again not interested.
I enjoyed my 350Z very much as it was a true sports car as is the Mustang.

If there was no Mustang being offered I would be looking at a 370Z, Infinity or maybe a 435i or Lexus depending on the money bucket.

But I would not, however, be constantly ranting on how whatever I bought was better than Ford and Ford are fools for not making something to compete against it.....

4Vman
10th June 2015, 05:30 PM
One positive from this, Ford won't have to spend a single cent on advertising mustang for the next 15 or so months.

4Vman
10th June 2015, 06:25 PM
I specifically wanted the 350Z and specifically did not buy the FG F6 which was available because I did not want a panda eyed fast and furious cop magnet.
I asked FPV if they were going to make a F6-E or if I could buy an F6 which was not a panda eyed and the answer was NO on both cases, not maybe, not in a few months, NO.
The G6ET had no braking ability and no LSD so again not interested.
I enjoyed my 350Z very much as it was a true sports car as is the Mustang.

If there was no Mustang being offered I would be looking at a 370Z, Infinity or maybe a 435i or Lexus depending on the money bucket.

But I would not, however, be constantly ranting on how whatever I bought was better than Ford and Ford are fools for not making something to compete against it.....
So Ford didn't make the exact car or styling you wanted so rather than buy what they had on offer you bought something else from another brand??

Glad we cleared that up.

I don't see the problem with sharing your experiences with other brands or products, in fact you have just done that.

Were all adults after all...

flappist
10th June 2015, 06:37 PM
So Ford didn't make the exact car or styling you wanted so rather than buy what they had on offer you bought something else from another brand??

Glad we cleared that up.

I don't see the problem with sharing your experiences with other brands or products, in fact you have just done that.

Were all adults after all...

Exactly......
I did not spent months if not years ranting about it afterward though.......
Nissan can see there is a market for this car.
Nissan sell so many cars.
Nissan understand the Australian market.
Nissan this, Nissan that, Nissan the other....

No I bought it, drove it and then when the next cycle came up I chose what I thought would suit me at that time.

bkstang
10th June 2015, 06:44 PM
I have got a fantastic idea, how about everybody (except me), who has ordered a Mustang, cancel their order just to teach Ford a lesson. Thus allowing me to move up the order list and actually get my car before I am too old to enjoy it....................:highly_amused:

pacificfordqld
10th June 2015, 07:17 PM

There will be demos

4Vman
10th June 2015, 07:18 PM
There will be demos

Good!!!!

When???

Elks
10th June 2015, 08:09 PM
No one will ever come out an say it, no one is that stupid
Doesn't mean its not the thought of the day tho
but come on Norm, we are a drop in the ocean
The population of Australia is only equivalent to cities Like Tokyo, New York etc
Australia doesn't have the buying resources
if we did, then we would have our own car building industry still and control our own destiny

We might be a small population on a pacific island. But we pay plenty for imported cars. Remember Aus is the 3rd most profitable market for both Benz and Toyota behind their home markets and the USA.

Ford make money on mustangs sold in the U.S. We are paying double that price for the same car with the steering wheel on the right. Less $1500 for freight. Let's face it these are a money maker for Ford US and Oz.

Australia is about to become a very profitable market for Ford. Just like it is for all the other manufacturers. So they should look after their clients.

Norm. Maybe we should chip in and buy it to use as the official vehicle to pick up Ian and Flappy from the airport when they are in Melb visiting U.S. Minions. Being a vert. They could sit up on the back like the Moomba parade.

4Vman
10th June 2015, 08:18 PM
We might be a small population on a pacific island. But we pay plenty for imported cars. Remember Aus is the 3rd most profitable market for both Benz and Toyota behind their home markets and the USA.

Ford make money on mustangs sold in the U.S. We are paying double that price for the same car with the steering wheel on the right. Less $1500 for freight. Let's face it these are a money maker for Ford US and Oz.

Australia is about to become a very profitable market for Ford. Just like it is for all the other manufacturers. So they should look after their clients.

Norm. Maybe we should chip in and buy it to use as the official vehicle to pick up Ian and Flappy from the airport when they are in Melb visiting U.S. Minions. Being a vert. They could sit up on the back like the Moomba parade.
Brilliant!!

Like Zig and Zag!

http://www.ddoughty.com/uploads/1/4/0/9/14095491/2043632.jpg?1397389008

4Vman
10th June 2015, 08:23 PM
Rob you've long been the champion of profit over volume but Toyota and Mercedes see us as hugely profitable despite the volume.

We pay more for cars here than anywhere in the world even after currency adjustments..

The US might have huge volumes but if you're making only a few bucks per car V thousands per car here it doesn't take much to make our volume profitable.

The US has 13.8 times as many people as us yet sells 17 times as many cars? 25% more cars per capita?? Why is that???

prydey
10th June 2015, 08:59 PM
Rob you've long been the champion of profit over volume

Really?

every manufacturer wants to sell as many units as they can, yourself included. i just don't believe in doing so at the expense of profit. many look at the monthly sales as some kind of contest, and if you aren't at the pointy end, then apparently it automatically means you are failing. i just don't see it that way.

what you have also highlighted above is proof that Ford, no matter the sales, are unlikely to leave australia like many think. even if they drop out of the top 10, they will still be here selling cars. what they won't do is ship over bulk loads of cars that could then end up sitting around not selling. they will monitor sales and trends closely and try to keep supply and demand on an even keel. from time to time, they will get it wrong, but they will still be here trying to sell what they can.

not really sure where this line of thought came from though....

4Vman
10th June 2015, 09:06 PM
Really?

every manufacturer wants to sell as many units as they can, yourself included. i just don't believe in doing so at the expense of profit. many look at the monthly sales as some kind of contest, and if you aren't at the pointy end, then apparently it automatically means you are failing. i just don't see it that way.

what you have also highlighted above is proof that Ford, no matter the sales, are unlikely to leave australia like many think. even if they drop out of the top 10, they will still be here selling cars. what they won't do is ship over bulk loads of cars that could then end up sitting around not selling. they will monitor sales and trends closely and try to keep supply and demand on an even keel. from time to time, they will get it wrong, but they will still be here trying to sell what they can.

not really sure where this line of thought came from though....
Hey I agree.

But if you look at the sales ratio of new cars to population despite the impression that the U.S. Standard of living is lower than here they consume 25% more vehicles than us? Amazing.

I'd suggest that's largely due to the affordability of cars there, we on the other hand get gouged.

It's obvious when you do the sums.

So hypothetically if Ford made $200 profit per sale on a car in the states and $2500 profit per sale here should we really be neglected??

prydey
10th June 2015, 09:12 PM
So hypothetically if Ford made $200 profit per sale on a car in the states and $2500 profit per sale here should we really be neglected??

well, the sales here might be 2000 units compared with about 80000+ units locally (US). thats about 3 times the total profit over there. volume still plays a part.

4Vman
10th June 2015, 09:16 PM
well, the sales here might be 2000 units compared with about 80000+ units locally (US). thats about 3 times the total profit over there. volume still plays a part.

Absolutely, but we still represent a significant chunk of money don't we?

prydey
10th June 2015, 09:21 PM
Absolutely, but we still represent a significant chunk of money don't we?

you should stop reading in to the delay as some personal vendetta against FoA by FordHQ. i presume thats what this thread is still about? no one has said australia doesn't matter. i said they weren't a priority, but until we know some facts (none are currently present) then its all just speculation. are they servicing the euro RHD markets first? has a problem surfaced with the australian specific models? or the rhd models?

its all just speculation.

bkstang
12th June 2015, 04:29 PM
Don't understand the long wait time in the States for the Mustang? Just had a quick look on Carsales in the US, and there are thousands of new Mustangs available at various dealers in all sorts of flavours and colours (or should I say flavors and colors), one dealer in Texas had several sitting on his lot, GT's, Eco's and V6's.
Go figure..................:confused:

Some are held up due to a glove box air bag issue?

Also this:

Melbnut
16th June 2015, 10:15 AM
Apparently there are some orders that were confirmed delivery. These have gotten emails yesterday

pacificfordqld
16th June 2015, 02:57 PM
Hi all,

Please speak with your dealer if you have a Mustang on order, we now have amended improved ETA's.

I cannot comment on each vehicle, but they are greatly improved by what I can see.

4Vman
16th June 2015, 03:00 PM
Hi all,

Please speak with your dealer if you have a Mustang on order, we now have amended improved ETA's.

I cannot comment on each vehicle, but they are greatly improved by what I can see.

Thank you heaps for the heads up

4Vman
16th June 2015, 03:18 PM
Looks like April now, 3 month improvement, Kudos to Ford for reacting.

bkstang
16th June 2015, 05:10 PM
Hi all,

Thanks Pacific for the info, greatly appreciated.

I spoke to my salesman this morning about the display Mustang next week, and he has informed me it is invitation only for purchases prior to 30th March and as such I don't get an invite to see the car as I paid my deposit after that date. Does that make any sense to you or should I cancel the order and look for another dealer?

Cheers

defective
16th June 2015, 06:34 PM
At least a long wait time means you can either save more, or pay off the loan to purchase it.
or conversely, beat everyone to the punch and get one converted. If people are having to buy an interim vehicle to get them through until mustang (what's the name for an old horse? Nag?) then maybe paying the extra for a converted one becomes feasible.

GTConvert
16th June 2015, 08:24 PM
I spoke to my dealer today here in SA and his understanding was the Dec to Mar 2016 time frame was still valid. Are they misinformed/not been told of schedule change or is this time frame still plausible ? Appreciate all your info and updates Pacificfordqld

HSE2
16th June 2015, 09:04 PM
Thanks Pacific for the info, greatly appreciated.

I spoke to my salesman this morning about the display Mustang next week, and he has informed me it is invitation only for purchases prior to 30th March and as such I don't get an invite to see the car as I paid my deposit after that date. Does that make any sense to you or should I cancel the order and look for another dealer?

Cheers

No that makes zero sense.
Are these people in the business of selling cars or not?

I can just imaging my dealerhsip telling me I can't see the mustang they have on display in sept.

It's just not going to end well. For them that is. I don't have to do business with them, I chose to support them. Preventing the public from seeing the car is surely not fords doing.