PDA

View Full Version : Remaining XR8's

pacificfordqld
6th May 2015, 10:05 AM
Hi all,

I've put up our remaining XR8's, with stock number and transmission. Colour is still open until vehicle is locked by the plant. We have no idea on any additional numbers so this is it for us at the moment.

Visit: http://www.pacificfpv.com.au :)

Let us know if we can help getting you into the last Australian V8 Falcon, ever.

HSE2
6th May 2015, 10:16 PM
Excellent info. Thank you.

FTe217
6th May 2015, 10:29 PM
4 autos 2 manuals, I suppose most would buy autos nowadays.
Wonder what the current mix is of those sold to date.

TS50
7th May 2015, 07:54 AM
4 autos 2 manuals, I suppose most would buy autos nowadays.
Wonder what the current mix is of those sold to date.

well in the GT range, (not including the GT-F, that was different)
mix was approx 66% Auto, 33% manual
I would imagaine it would be much the same for the XR8
in fact those number Pacific Ford have, echo that

pacificfordqld
7th May 2015, 10:10 AM
Hey,

Yes very similar to FPV, more auto's than manuals. Personal choice really! Auto is much easier to live with, manual is obviously a drivers car..

pacificfordqld
1st June 2015, 03:51 PM
Down to our last 3 with no word on if Ford will be building any more.

pacificfordqld
5th June 2015, 11:05 AM
2 auto's left

Bluestuff1
5th June 2015, 01:37 PM
my dealer has sold all initial stock, only getting 2 per month from now on ?

HSE2
6th June 2015, 04:23 AM
Really pleased to hear these are still selling.

pacificfordqld
6th June 2015, 05:10 PM
Really pleased to hear these are still selling.

Us too! Very much passionate Falcon customers.

pacificfordqld
1st July 2015, 09:04 AM
Good news, we have been allocated additional XR8, so we are now back up to 7, all 2015 plate and no, this is not a "Sprint" allocation (which is still a myth)

FTe217
1st July 2015, 10:37 AM
Myth ?! what myth ?

FGX335
1st July 2015, 11:12 AM
There still hasn't been an official announcement, so myth is close enough.

Hurry up and wait!

4Vman
1st July 2015, 12:26 PM
There still hasn't been an official announcement, so myth is close enough.

Hurry up and wait!
If its going ahead i wouldnt expect one till Nov.....

Road_Warrior
1st July 2015, 12:58 PM
If its going ahead i wouldnt expect one till Nov.....

More like I wouldn't expect an ANNOUNCEMENT until November.

4Vman
1st July 2015, 01:08 PM

Yep that was what i meant.

VZTRT
1st July 2015, 01:27 PM

I'd say if this car was released then it'll be built as a farewell car. Especially if we have things like upgraded motor for the I6T. It it ended up just being a sticker pack then they could do it whenever. But Ford has actually done quite well in recent times with their SVP's.

4Vman
1st July 2015, 01:29 PM
I'm leaning towards the Sprint being the farewell product and MY16.

Perko
1st July 2015, 04:57 PM
Has there been a reason for the extra allocation? Maybe fall in demand or have you asked for more?

pacificfordqld
1st July 2015, 09:08 PM
Has there been a reason for the extra allocation? Maybe fall in demand or have you asked for more?

It was a new allocation from Ford, so I'd say it has been selling better than expected.

Road_Warrior
1st July 2015, 09:10 PM

There's 39 on Carsales atm which is the highest its been since release. Maybe the extra production is finally starting to filter through

FGX335
2nd July 2015, 08:42 AM
There's 39 on Carsales atm which is the highest its been since release. Maybe the extra production is finally starting to filter through

But the photos for these cars tend to be the same stock photos, and I am doubtful these are actually on the floor ready to go. If they were, the guys crying out for their XR8's would have snapped them up.

Perko
2nd July 2015, 08:58 AM
But the photos for these cars tend to be the same stock photos, and I am doubtful these are actually on the floor ready to go. If they were, the guys crying out for their XR8's would have snapped them up.

If you are crying for an XR8 they are about and easy to find. If there is anyone saying that they can't get one then they are telling pork pies or just not looking hard enough. Feel a little bit pissed about someone on the other forum that had to settle for an auto because his dealer said that manuals were rare. If you want it, order it, and Ford will sort it out. Or even better give Greg a ring and he will sort it.

VZTRT
2nd July 2015, 09:19 AM
If you are crying for an XR8 they are about and easy to find. If there is anyone saying that they can't get one then they are telling pork pies or just not looking hard enough. Feel a little bit pissed about someone on the other forum that had to settle for an auto because his dealer said that manuals were rare. If you want it, order it, and Ford will sort it out. Or even better give Greg a ring and he will sort it.

Dealer was right when they first launched. But about 1/3 of the XR8's now are manuals.

Bluestuff1
2nd July 2015, 09:25 AM
Dealer was right when they first launched. But about 1/3 of the XR8's now are manuals.

I cant see me liking to drive my F if it was manual, it would just be to much of a handful ?
Its nice to drive a big lazy lump around town, but always knowing there is hell fire under the hood should i choose to let it loose?
Its only a throttle push to find it ..

VZTRT
2nd July 2015, 09:28 AM
I cant see me liking to drive my F if it was manual, it would just be to much of a handful ?
Its nice to drive a big lazy lump around town, but always knowing there is hell fire under the hood should i choose to let it loose?
Its only a throttle push to find it ..

On my Turbo ute the clutch is a little bit heavier then my NA XR6. Seriously the Turbo is as easy as to drive and its nicer to drive then the NA manual. This includes stop start traffic (got caught up one morning for an hour). I don't see how its that hard to drive these things. Its not like the box is out of a 50's mack truck.

Bluestuff1
2nd July 2015, 09:32 AM
On my Turbo ute the clutch is a little bit heavier then my NA XR6. Seriously the Turbo is as easy as to drive and its nicer to drive then the NA manual. This includes stop start traffic (got caught up one morning for an hour). I don't see how its that hard to drive these things. Its not like the box is out of a 50's mack truck.

I put a 4sd single rail in my Farlaine ute, i wish it was an auto, just me getting old i guess, but i like the big cars in Auto..?

Perko
2nd July 2015, 09:47 AM

Yep but unfortunately guy just put his name on one. Just shits me that people are getting told wrong information when this car is what they are chasing and salespeople are being lazy and tell lies to get the easy sale. That's why when you get a good dealer stick to them like shit to a nappy.

VZTRT
2nd July 2015, 10:10 AM
Yep but unfortunately guy just put his name on one. Just shits me that people are getting told wrong information when this car is what they are chasing and salespeople are being lazy and tell lies to get the easy sale. That's why when you get a good dealer stick to them like shit to a nappy.

The salesman's job is to sell. If he doesn't sell he loses his job. They have a number they have to achieve unfortunately.

Perko
2nd July 2015, 10:16 AM
The salesman's job is to sell. If he doesn't sell he loses his job. They have a number they have to achieve unfortunately.

Yes but it is also a salesman's job to get what the customers wants, and make an effort to do so. Not feed bullshit for an easy sale. It also comes down to the customer pushing for what they want as well. Just that this guys wasn't told the truth so settled for his second option based upon a lazy salesman. As a manger myself I would be pissed if one of my guys did this.

VZTRT
2nd July 2015, 10:30 AM
Yes but it is also a salesman's job to get what the customers wants, and make an effort to do so. Not feed bullshit for an easy sale. It also comes down to the customer pushing for what they want as well. Just that this guys wasn't told the truth so settled for his second option based upon a lazy salesman. As a manger myself I would be pissed if one of my guys did this.

I've been told lots of BS from many salesman from many different marques. Unfortunately you have to go in with lots of knowledge (build plans are hard to know unless you know people) you can get screwed.

4Vman
2nd July 2015, 10:33 AM
I've been told lots of BS from many salesman from many different marques. Unfortunately you have to go in with lots of knowledge (build plans are hard to know unless you know people) you can get screwed.
I think that is the key these days when buying anything outside of "whitegoods"/ regular type products.

You need to go in armed as an enthusiast not a consumer.

VZTRT
2nd July 2015, 10:39 AM
I think that is the key these days when buying anything outside of "whitegoods"/ regular type products.

You need to go in armed as an enthusiast not a consumer.

Even white goods you can get some good information, I mean you need to filter the bad comments but you can find out what is better for you. People also need to learn their rights as a consumer and that buying off the internet might be cheap but its also a bigger risk.

pacificfordqld
2nd July 2015, 12:43 PM

Might sounds cheesy, but we work as a team here, not as one person.

VZTRT
2nd July 2015, 01:21 PM
Might sounds cheesy, but we work as a team here, not as one person.

I'm going off people I know. Not having a go at dealers. Some dealers I steer clear from cause they're really shifty others I'm happy to negotiate with as they have been quite good.

FGX335
2nd July 2015, 02:37 PM
I have to say that I contacted all dealers in Queensland about getting an XR8, and I would have gone with Pacific Ford if they had the colour I was chasing in the first allocation. I ended up going with another dealer that could guarantee me what I wanted, but that was all lies. Kudos to Pacific for being honest the whole way.

PG2
3rd July 2015, 05:33 AM

Very true, a salesman job is to sell. However, these type of salesman either don't last very long in the industry due to lack of repeat business or get on the merry-go-round and move from dealership to dealership leaving a trail of unhappy customers for their sales managers to deal with.

pacificfordqld
4th September 2015, 11:58 AM
We will have a couple of stock units in coming very soon. First ever to actually have sit in the show room!

flappist
4th September 2015, 04:23 PM
We will have a couple of stock units in coming very soon. First ever to actually have sit in the show room!

Colour/trans/options?

pacificfordqld
5th September 2015, 07:50 AM
Colour/trans/options?

That would help!

Falcon XR8 Sedan in Kinetic blue, automatic
Falcon XR8 Sedan in Victory gold, automatic

dash gt
7th September 2015, 12:41 PM
Seems to be a glut of XR8's coming now, not all sold.

pacificfordqld
7th September 2015, 01:46 PM
Seems to be a glut of XR8's coming now, not all sold.

2 in stock for 3 yards is hardly a glut, and we are happy to finally have something to sell in the showroom for once! :)

flappist
7th September 2015, 04:56 PM
How many months ago was there a constant whinge that you could not buy one unless you waited for a year........

TWO good colour and fitted with the auto that you southerners seem to drool over. Time to buy.

dash gt
7th September 2015, 05:25 PM
2 in stock for 3 yards is hardly a glut, and we are happy to finally have something to sell in the showroom for once! :)

Have a look at carsales.... There are far more available now and coming then there were a few months ago.

Not a bad thing, its a good thing!

defective
7th September 2015, 05:55 PM
Have a look at carsales.... There are far more available now and coming then there were a few months ago.

Not a bad thing, its a good thing!

Motorama had two when I was in there the other day, one gold and one white. Don't know if they were available or presold though.

Road_Warrior
7th September 2015, 06:01 PM
Yeah there are over 70 on Carsales now. Prices coming down but slowwwwly

4Vman
7th September 2015, 06:07 PM
My Nephews mate got a new Auto for $55K DA.

defective
7th September 2015, 06:08 PM
My Nephews mate got a new Auto for $55K DA.

They just need to drop about another 25k and I'm in

dash gt
7th September 2015, 06:29 PM
Motorama had two when I was in there the other day, one gold and one white. Don't know if they were available or presold though.

Yeh the gold one fell through...it's available.

pacificfordqld
22nd September 2015, 11:01 AM
Hi all,

We've put $56,990 drive away on NSC M3F4, Falcon XR8 Sedan in white, automatic, complied 08/15, ready to go.

It will be up on the net in a few hours too.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b552/barra240t/20150922_110221_HDR_zpsj5y1fncs.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/barra240t/media/20150922_110221_HDR_zpsj5y1fncs.jpg.html)

FTe217
22nd September 2015, 03:08 PM
Looks pretty good in white.
We all have our likes dislikes, I was looking over a smoke one the other day, I used to own a meteorite S3XR8, as much as I liked it just as the smoke FGX its all too conservative for me now.
White "pops" in that pic whereas smoke becomes part of the furniture.

WASP
22nd September 2015, 03:40 PM
Looks pretty good in white.
We all have our likes dislikes, I was looking over a smoke one the other day, I used to own a meteorite S3XR8, as much as I liked it just as the smoke FGX its all too conservative for me now.
White "pops" in that pic whereas smoke becomes part of the furniture.

White does look good but I think Black and Blue look best with this FGX's. They help disguise the absence of the much needed body kit and 'performance styling ques'. Its like a super hero without the super suit.

FTe217
22nd September 2015, 04:39 PM
Agree Colville - I was just going on from the white pic for eg.
Silvers are a great colour for those not wanting to stand out, compare any sports car, C63 in white to their silver, M3 in white to their silver, blues/reds/blacks right out there even more and suit very well.

pacificfordqld
23rd September 2015, 09:36 AM
We have Kinetic blue and Victory gold if the white isn't "popping" for you ;)

FTe217
23rd September 2015, 09:38 AM
hehe touche pacific :) good salesmen !
Agree 2 "popping" colours as well.

23rd September 2015, 02:23 PM
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b552/barra240t/20150922_110221_HDR_zpsj5y1fncs.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/barra240t/media/20150922_110221_HDR_zpsj5y1fncs.jpg.html)

Can see myself in that with my GT Black Edition Rims and Carbon roof and bonnet .. Oh yeah dropped 2" as well

Cheers :D