PDA

View Full Version : Global Mustang spec reveal.

4Vman
24th April 2015, 07:12 AM
http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=15084

On April 27, Ford will reveal the global 2015 Mustang performance specs

We know what kind of performance to expect from the 2015 Mustang here in the United States. However, what might change for the global versions of the latest pony car? Well, that information and more will be revealed on April 27 at 8 a.m. EST (1 p.m. in the UK) via videos and a live Q&A.

According to the invitation for the Under the Skin event, Ford experts will spend two hours diving into the new Mustang.

“Join us online as we announce exciting news on the design, technologies, driving dynamics—and for the first time globally—performance data for the new Mustang,” said the invite.

Here’s a teaser video for the event…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIKXwrA9ZR8

4Vman
24th April 2015, 07:17 AM
You get the feeling the version we get will be a bit "softer" than the US version.... 303kw is 22 down on the US spec for starters.

FTe217
24th April 2015, 08:46 AM
Can anyone recall another car having this long of a marketing program.

4Vman
24th April 2015, 08:47 AM
Can anyone recall another car having this long of a marketing program.

To be honest the wait is excruciating and i know someone incredibly frustrated by it!!!

FTe217
24th April 2015, 08:57 AM
I can imagine ! TBH it piss's me off the car full stop.

WASP
24th April 2015, 05:26 PM
Damn thing is going to be old news and dated before anyone outside the US get their hands on one.

4Vman
24th April 2015, 05:33 PM
Let's hope we get the update MY16

HSE2
24th April 2015, 09:32 PM
Damn thing is going to be old news and dated before anyone outside the US get their hands on one.

hopefully this is short term pain.

Franco Cozzo
25th April 2015, 12:04 PM
Be like the "new" Mondeo, Ford launch from Melbourne Museum

joeygt
28th April 2015, 03:33 PM
http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=15230

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iisXug-wzk

FTe217
28th April 2015, 04:14 PM
I have just been advised today that Craig Dean has 3 ponys he's working on, 1 LHD but 2 RHD's.
Ford US approved - incl WTY that they expect FoA to support but yet TBC.........

4Vman
28th April 2015, 06:15 PM
I have just been advised today that Craig Dean has 3 ponys he's working on, 1 LHD but 2 RHD's.
Ford US approved - incl WTY that they expect FoA to support but yet TBC.........

So where did the RHD cars come from??!!

project 064
29th April 2015, 08:29 AM
You get the feeling the version we get will be a bit "softer" than the US version.... 303kw is 22 down on the US spec for starters.

So this is the car half of all the Mustang Owners, at their Nationals, were smiling about & were quietly confident of their purchase?
303kw?:confused:

4Vman
29th April 2015, 08:37 AM
So this is the car half of all the Mustang Owners, at their Nationals, were smiling about & were quietly confident of their purchase?
303kw?:confused:

Yerp...

Will wait to see how much talk materializes into sales too...

project 064
29th April 2015, 09:02 AM
Yerp...

Will wait to see how much talk materializes into sales too...

Would I be right in saying the "home grown" local product, will kick the Mustang's butt all the way back to America?

4Vman
29th April 2015, 09:03 AM
Would I be right in saying the "home grown" local product, will kick the Mustang's butt all the way back to America?

In a straight line for sure.

project 064
29th April 2015, 09:07 AM
In a straight line for sure.

OK Norm, put me out of my misery, dollar for dollar, what am I up for XR8, versus the HI PO Mustang?

4Vman
29th April 2015, 09:11 AM
OK Norm, put me out of my misery, dollar for dollar, what am I up for XR8, versus the HI PO Mustang?

What hipo Mustang?

We're only getting the GT.

XR8 Auto is $62K DA, GT Mustang about $65K DA.. but you lose 10% (some say 20%) power and functionality for a 5% premium...

project 064
29th April 2015, 09:28 AM
What hipo Mustang?

We're only getting the GT.

XR8 Auto is $62K DA, GT Mustang about $65K DA.. but you lose 10% (some say 20%) power and functionality for a 5% premium...

Ah OK, I get it, so for 2 less doors, minus 30 odd kilowatts, I will pay $2k more, that makes sense. Hang on, no it doesn't.:confused:
I don't suppose we could export the XR8 to the US?:confused:

FTe217
29th April 2015, 09:32 AM
So where did the RHD cars come from??!!

Just confirmed more - infact he has 2 LHD's confirming 2 RHD's < these 2 are Proto's NOT FS, his test samples later to be crushed.
The LHD's I'm told he'll be converting them followed with ADR approval, probably for PR use and possibly track work.
He will be playing with bolt ons in the view of offering upgrades at a later date.
Also he's been playing with Raptors.

I'm also confirmed the HSV/Walki Dodge venture is confirmed - got any info Norm ?

Franco Cozzo
30th April 2015, 10:41 AM
We don't seem to hear much information about the Ecoboost variant, I reckon that would be the aftermarket's pick to play with.

FTe217
30th April 2015, 10:52 AM
I reckon thats a sure thing Damo.
Once again another smaller capacity Ford motor will match and if not blow off some of those 5.0L.....

4Vman
30th April 2015, 11:37 AM
I reckon thats a sure thing Damo.
Once again another smaller capacity Ford motor will match and if not blow off some of those 5.0L.....

Apples V chocolate bar don't you think? Once it's tuned it's irrelevant

Franco Cozzo
30th April 2015, 11:57 AM
I prefer chocolate bar (tuned ecoboost).

Its about potential IMO thats the way I look at it, if I was weighing up for a new Mustang, Ecoboost would be the winner because all I need to do is chuck on a better FMIC, drop it round the local exhaust shop, get them to make me up a turbo back exhaust and engine bay IC piping, then send it off to my tuner in Carrum Downs and get them to chuck on a water/meth kit and tune it up for me.

Boosted always wins out against NA in my books.

Would be able to bring that 70KW defecit down pretty quickly and you have a lighter car to boot (thats better on fuel when you're driving it normally).

I guess I always modify my cars, so thats how I think, can't run a factory car, it needs to be worked.

Whats the price difference between Ecoboost and 5L?

FTe217
30th April 2015, 12:28 PM
Apples V chocolate bar don't you think? Once it's tuned it's irrelevant

Oh yes for sure - but to joe average he don't care about showroom showroom comparo, the pub test will talk about this at the end of the day.

4Vman
30th April 2015, 12:52 PM
I prefer chocolate bar (tuned ecoboost).

Its about potential IMO thats the way I look at it, if I was weighing up for a new Mustang, Ecoboost would be the winner because all I need to do is chuck on a better FMIC, drop it round the local exhaust shop, get them to make me up a turbo back exhaust and engine bay IC piping, then send it off to my tuner in Carrum Downs and get them to chuck on a water/meth kit and tune it up for me.

Boosted always wins out against NA in my books.

Would be able to bring that 70KW defecit down pretty quickly and you have a lighter car to boot (thats better on fuel when you're driving it normally).

I guess I always modify my cars, so thats how I think, can't run a factory car, it needs to be worked.

Whats the price difference between Ecoboost and 5L?

Different strokes for different folks, not everyone wants a factory warranty i guess.....

Even if they try to pretend to themselves.....

FTe217
30th April 2015, 02:47 PM
Norm thats life - its not a chocolate bar for starters re this - I blame that idiot Forest GUMP - my mutha tol me life is lik a box of chocolates - get it right pal :)

Look, people like you or me Ian and the likes when buying new you wouldn't dream of tampering engine/drive line but we all have seen some have sent their new purchased GT or whatever straight to the mod shop spending another 10 20 - 30 40k more. They decided long ago stuff Warranty.
Their choice pal who cares and why do you need to care.

4Vman
30th April 2015, 02:52 PM
Norm thats life - its not a chocolate bar for starters re this - I blame that idiot Forest GUMP - my mutha tol me life is lik a box of chocolates - get it right pal :)

Look, people like you or me Ian and the likes when buying new you wouldn't dream of tampering engine/drive line but we all have seen some have sent their new purchased GT or whatever straight to the mod shop spending another 10 20 - 30 40k more. They decided long ago stuff Warranty.
Their choice pal who cares and why do you need to care.

Of they do that and still want warranty...

Franco Cozzo
30th April 2015, 04:21 PM
Of they do that and still want warranty...

There has been an interesting development on that front actually.