PDA

View Full Version : GT350 power figures released.

4Vman
1st April 2015, 11:17 AM
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/shelby-gt350-mustang-to-produce-400kw-20150331-1mbiuc.html?&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=social&eid=socialn:fac-14omn0044-optim-nnn:paid-25/06/2014-social_traffic-all-postprom-nnn-drive-o&campaign_code=nocode&promote_channel=social_facebook

Shelby GT350 Mustang to produce 400kW

Date
March 31, 2015

Ford exec releases top secret performance figures for halo model.

Shelby GT350 Mustang returns

Ford revives iconic muscle car, however Australians will miss out.

http://images-2.drive.com.au/2014/11/18/5999298/shelby_600f-620x414.jpg

Ford's resurrected Shelby GT350 Mustang will produce in excess of 390kW in production form, according to a Ford executive.

During a recent Q&A session at the Texas world speedway, Ford's Shelby brand manager Jim Owens announced the upcoming halo model's new 5.2-litre V8 would produce more than 100hp (75kW) of power per litre of displacement.

That means a total output in excess of 520hp, or 390kW in our money. Owens also went onto specify the engine has a redline of 8250rpm, reinforcing claims from Ford that it is "the most powerful naturally-aspirated Ford production engine ever produced". Owens' final bombshell was that Ford will also produce a hotter track-only version of the Shelby, known as the GT350S.
Ford is bringing back the iconic Shelby GT350 Mustang with the new iteration producing 375kW and 540Nm. Click for more photos
New Shelby Mustang

Ford is bringing back the iconic Shelby GT350 Mustang with the new iteration producing 375kW and 540Nm.

Ford previously confirmed the GT350 will produce "more than 375kW of power and 540Nm of torque" when the vehicle was unveiled at last year's Detroit motor show. The blue oval confirmed fitment of a six-speed manual transmission sending drive to the rear wheels with the help of a Torsen limited-slip differential.
Advertisement

The engine itself features a flat-plane crankshaft design (Ford's first-ever production engine with the technology), bringing a higher revving potential and a trademark sound, among other benefits

The new Shelby model builds on the upcoming standard Mustang range, due to land in Australia next year.

The Shelby won't just go fast in a straight line, Ford claims, with a suite of modern technologies including magnetic dampers, staggered wheel widths, aggressive six-piston front and four-piston rear Brembo brakes and re-designed aerodynamics to match the muscular engine. The GT350 rides on 19-inch alloy wheels that are 10-inches wide at the front and 11.5-inches wide at the rear.

Torsional stiffness has also been increased by 28 per cent on the previous model.

The Shelby GT350 scores a raft of cosmetic changes inside and out to distinguish it from the regular Mustang. External changes include a new vented aluminium bonnet, wider front fenders, new splitters, a ducted front pan and a carbon fibre grille opening.

Inside the Shelby receives a flat-bottomed steering wheel, extra gauges and specially designed Recaro racing seats.

The bad news is that Ford has confirmed the left-hand drive GT350 will only be offered in North America, leaving Australia with the standard V8-powered GT and turbocharged EcoBoost Mustang models. Already interest in those cars has exceeded 20,000 prospective buyers.

4Vman
1st April 2015, 11:18 AM
So 400kw or 390kw or 375kw?

Using the N/A "pacific shrink" factor about somewhere from 350kw to 370kw AU.

HSE2
1st April 2015, 11:22 AM
Sorry where was the confirmation in that?

4Vman
1st April 2015, 11:29 AM
Sorry where was the confirmation in that?
LOL i saw 3 numbers and nothing concrete...

HSE2
1st April 2015, 11:56 AM
well it exceeds 390 now up form 375.

500 exceeds 390 so lets pick that as official

4Vman
1st April 2015, 12:16 PM
well it exceeds 390 now up form 375.

500 exceeds 390 so lets pick that as official

What's that in AU.KW's???

HSE2
1st April 2015, 01:25 PM

Franco Cozzo
1st April 2015, 06:38 PM
I wonder how they get a high revving NA engine like that through latest emissions regulations?

Its one of the reasons we're seeing lots of development in smaller capacity forced induction engines as its getting hard to get larger NA engines to meet emissions regulations.

HSE2
2nd April 2015, 07:34 AM
I wonder how they get a high revving NA engine like that through latest emissions regulations?

Its one of the reasons we're seeing lots of development in smaller capacity forced induction engines as its getting hard to get larger NA engines to meet emissions regulations.

I don't reckon that's easy which is why it might be an engine we never see out here.

Then again if its sold in California................

What also magnifies this is countries individual noise laws.

Engines like this are probably less appealing to mass market produce then the current trend towards smaller FI jobbies

Franco Cozzo
2nd April 2015, 11:44 AM
Aren't the new US regulations just as strict at the new Euro emissions regulations as well?

This is what shits me, whats the point of having ADRs now when we have no manufacturing industry? Why can't we accept what Europe/US/Japan does with MINOR modifications (headlights/indicators) If its good enough for them its good enough for us, given we already follow Euro emissions regulations.

HSE2
2nd April 2015, 11:54 AM
Probably are now

Bluestuff1
2nd April 2015, 04:50 PM
loosely speaking,
in nz we are mostly adopting EEC standards for euro cars and trucks, and ditto Jap- JIST standards for jap vehicles.
US trucks are using mostly EU standards, incidentally, many US trucks are aligned with Euro companies.
I would accept in time as your manufacturing disappears, you will adopt a similar direction, and intimately as AU and NZ have identical car parks, we will evolve a shared standard based on Euro and Jap standards etc ..

HSE2
3rd June 2015, 09:37 AM
The numbers appear to be 526hp and 429 lb ft

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 09:40 AM

Lucky them.

FPV+fteT3
3rd June 2015, 10:29 AM
Lucky them.

I see what you did there and I agree that is why at the moment FOA mustang the camry version we are getting does not interest me.

Franco Cozzo
3rd June 2015, 10:43 AM

Seems rather interesting how they start quoting hp per litre and produce a very revvy engine, seems a bit left of field from an American manufacturer.

Very Honda-esque.

HSE2
3rd June 2015, 09:36 PM
http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/ford-releases-final-details-on-the-gt350s-insane-5-2-liter-engine/

Franco Cozzo
3rd June 2015, 09:45 PM
The engine is not only the most powerful naturally-aspirated engine to ever go into production, it’s also the most power-dense, with an incredible 102 horsepower-per-liter of displacement.

To offer instantaneous throttle response and exhilarating performance in all driving situations, Honda developed a 2-liter normally aspirated 4-cylinder DOHC VTEC engine with a maximum output of 250PS at 8,300rpm for a specific output of 125PS per liter, and a maximum torque of 22.2kgm at 7,500rpm. Honda has further refined its proprietary VTEC technology and devised technologies to reduce friction and improve breathing efficiency to produce a high-revving, high-output engine. As a result, engine output is powerful from low engine speeds all the way up to the 9,000rpm redline.
The adoption of an exhaust secondary air system and a metallic honeycomb catalytic converter contribute to quicker processing of exhaust emissions that translates into a reduction in CO, HC, and NOx emissions approximately 50% below the upcoming 2000 exhaust emission standards.

http://world.honda.com/S2000/technology/t4.html

WASP
3rd June 2015, 09:58 PM
Yeah but no body cares about Honda... ;-)

4Vman
3rd June 2015, 09:59 PM

Hon what?!

Franco Cozzo
3rd June 2015, 10:25 PM

Given they did that in 1999, too many people claiming this new 5.2L engine is the most 'power dense' in the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111elevent yone and shouting out the top of their lungs about 102hp/L like its the best thing since sliced bread.

Well its not, credit where credit is due.

Oh and Australia actually got the S2000 as well.

But this is still a good achievement, it just shits me people banging on about hp/L.

MAD
4th June 2015, 01:06 PM
Given they did that in 1999, too many people claiming this new 5.2L engine is the most 'power dense' in the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111elevent yone and shouting out the top of their lungs about 102hp/L like its the best thing since sliced bread.

Well its not, credit where credit is due.

Oh and Australia actually got the S2000 as well.

But this is still a good achievement, it just shits me people banging on about hp/L.

I would say it has been quoted out of context and they're missing the part where it says "made by Ford".
Of course everyone else on the interwebs will read it that way too and believe it cause it was on facebook.

barra310t
25th June 2015, 07:14 PM
https://youtu.be/hZs80nrIbDs

Check out the sound of this thing, :bravo:

FTe217
25th June 2015, 09:44 PM
Far out - getting me pumped getting back to AAPEX/SEMA soon.