PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Pricing.

4Vman
3rd March 2015, 11:03 AM
http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/1503/ford-mustang-to-start-at-$44990/

THE Ford Mustang will start at $44,990 when it goes on sale in Australia later this year. That puts it within reach of Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo and Holden Commodore SS shoppers, which are both listed at $42,990 before on-road-costs.

The $45K entry price will have the entry-level coupe powered by a 233kW 2.3-litre four-cylinder turbo with a Getrag six-speed manual parked in your garage. A six-speed automatic is a $2500 option.

For many Mustang buyers, though, there will only be one engine to have: the 324kW 5.0-litre V8. Powering the GT models, the V8 Mustang starts at $54,990 for the manual with the automatic adding $2500, making it $57,490. That, too, knocks on the door of the admittedly more powerful Falcon XR8, with its supercharged 5.0-litre producing 335kW, and the Holden Commodore SS-V Redline, with both Aussie-built cars priced at $54,690.

The Mustang Coupe will arrive in local showrooms at the same time as the Convertible, which is pared back to automatic models only. The 2.3-litre starts at $53,990 with the GT V8 $63,990.

That four-cylinder ‘EcoBoost’ engine is expected to make up around 40 per cent of Mustang sales.
While purists may sneeze at four-pot Mustang, it’s the same engine powering the recently unveiled almighty Ford Focus RS hatch where only adoration’s been laid on.

The long-stroke four-cylinder produces 233kW and a strong 454Nm of torque for the Mustang, and while that’s a cry from the flagship V8’s 324kW/542Nm, it offers an official 9.4L/100km against the 5.0-litre’s 12.4L/100km.

While Mustang is a certainty for Australia, with equipment and further details revealed closer to the car’s as-yet undisclosed on-sale date, speculation and rumour still surrounds whether arch-nemesis Holden will import the Mustang’s sparring partner, the Chevrolet Camaro, once Australian manufacturing ceases.

Regardless, Ford has the jump on Holden by offering both its home-grown Aussie performance cars alongside the Mustang in showrooms for, dare we use Ford’s Weasel Words, ‘transition’ to a full-importer.

4Vman
3rd March 2015, 11:13 AM
Better pricing than i thought to be honest.

EB Coupe

Manual $45k ($50K DA)
Auto $47K ($52K DA)

GT Coupe

Manual $55K ($61K DA)
Auto $57K ($63K DA)

EB Auto Convertible $54K ($60k DA)
GT Auto Convertible $64K ($71K DA)

Road_Warrior
3rd March 2015, 11:16 AM
Damn. That is pretty good pricing. Watch all those XR8 orders dry up now.

4Vman
3rd March 2015, 11:17 AM
Damn. That is pretty good pricing. Watch all those XR8 orders dry up now.

Those prices are 10% better than i had prepared myself for. good work.

FTe217
3rd March 2015, 11:36 AM
Mmmm, interesting and surprised as mentioned.

Next to wonder what the wait will be like upon ordering if it not in stock here.

Franco Cozzo
3rd March 2015, 11:46 AM
Makes you wonder what pricing of the RS Focus is going to be now.

4Vman
3rd March 2015, 11:48 AM
Makes you wonder what pricing of the RS Focus is going to be now.

RS will need to be priced keenly.

Franco Cozzo
3rd March 2015, 12:01 PM
RS will need to be priced keenly.

How can it be considering its AWD, lighter and up on power on the Mustang?

Falc'man
3rd March 2015, 12:02 PM
I believe they're decked out as well. Maybe even with performance pack. Wait and see.

Road_Warrior
3rd March 2015, 12:08 PM
Yes I am led to believe Australia-market Mustangs (the GT anyway) come 'standard' with the Performance Pack.

HSE2
3rd March 2015, 12:50 PM
The rumours said 50 and 70 with full spec so the rumour was right with the 50 part but a reasonable way out with the 70 unless spec has been pulled with our dollar and so on.

HSE2
3rd March 2015, 12:58 PM
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/61000/new-mustang-2015-price-and-features-for-australia

HSE2
3rd March 2015, 12:59 PM
5.0 litre Ti-VCT V8
•303 kW / 525 Nm 5.0-litre Ti-CVT V8
•Aluminium block and heads
•DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing

2.3 litre EcoBoost GTDi Four-Cylinder
•233 kW / 432 Nm 2.3-litre GTDi EcoBoost engine
•Aluminium block and heads with integrated exhaust manifold
•DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing
•Twin scroll turbocharger
•Balance Shaft for smooth operation
•6-speed Getrag manual transmission (standard)
•6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission with paddle shifters (optional)
•Rear-drive with Limited Slip Differential
•Suspension - front; Double ball-joint independent MacPherson strut and tubular stabiliser bar
•Suspension - rear; Integral-link independent with coil springs, solid stabiliser bar and twin-tube dampers (2.3-litre EcoBoost)
•Brakes; Four-wheel power disc brakes with four-sensor, four channel anti-lock braking system and AdvanceTrac™ Dynamic Stability Control
•Brakes - front; 352 x 32 mm ventilated discs, four-piston 46 mm fixed aluminium calipers (2.3-litre EcoBoost)
•Brakes - rear; 330 x 25 mm ventilated discs, single-piston 45 mm floating iron calipers, integral parking brake
•Steering - Electric power-assisted steering with rack-and-pinion gear
•Steering ratio - 16:1
•Turning circle (kerb-to-kerb) 12.2 m

HSE2
3rd March 2015, 01:00 PM
FEATURES

EcoBoost model

Exterior
•19” Ebony Black Painted Machined Alloy Wheels (255/40 R19 tyres front, rear)
•Remote Keyless Entry
•Stainless Steel dual exhaust
•Rear Diffuser
•HID headlights
•LED taillights
•Fog Lamps
•Daytime Running Lights (DTRL)
•Mirrors - Heated, body coloured, Dual Power with Integrated Turn Signals
•Pony Projection Lights
•Rain Sensing Wipers

Interior
•Dual Zone Climate Control
•Satellite Navigation
•Automatic on-off headlights
•Floor mats (front and rear)
•Electric front and rear windows with one-touch lowering/close front windows (driver and passenger)
•Height-and-reach adjustable leather steering wheel
•Steering wheel mounted cruise and audio controls
•Leather-wrapped parking brake
•Illuminated visors – driver and passenger
•Intelligent Access with Push Button Start
•Auto Dimming Rear view mirror
•Aluminium-faced Foot Pedals
•Ambient Lighting
•Illuminated Scuff Plates

Seats
•Driver and Passenger Climate Controlled Premium Leather (heated and cooled)
•6-way Power Driver’s Seat and Power Lumbar support

Infotainment
•SYNC2 with Emergency Assistance
•High-resolution 8” Colour Touch Screen
•Bluetooth mobile phone integration
•iPod integration
•USB integration
•9-speaker Sounds System with Amplifier

Safety and Security
•MyKey
•AdvanceTrac® with Dynamic Stability Control
•Driver and passenger side airbags
•Dual Front airbags
•Driver Knee airbag
•Active Glovebox Knee Airbag (front passenger)
•Rearview Camera
•Illuminated Entry
•Securilock® Passive Anti-Theft (PATS)
•Perimeter Alarm
•Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

HSE2
3rd March 2015, 01:01 PM
5.0 litre V8 (beyond EcoBoost features)

Brakes
•380 x 34 mm vented front discs, Brembo six-piston 36 mm fixed aluminium calipers

Tyres and Wheels
•Front 19x9 inch Ebony Black Machined Alloys, R275/40 R19
•Rear 19x9.5 inch Ebony Black Machined Alloys, R275/40 R19

Elks
3rd March 2015, 03:22 PM

So...

$54,990 Manual GT
$ 650 Over the top racing stripes
$ 500 Nickel Finish Wheels
$ 500 Prestige Paint

$56,640 TOTAL plus on Roads.

Thats the shizz. Where do I sign,

FTe217
3rd March 2015, 03:53 PM
Better than expected as mentioned.
Etheridge still using FPV logos on their press release's.

Looking at that motor report article - the pic from the rear of the dark blue one is a bloody nice blue !

HSE2
3rd March 2015, 06:26 PM
It's a very nice blue.

So these prices mate, will it cause moths to fly?

Franco Cozzo
3rd March 2015, 06:31 PM
It's a very nice blue.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/Attacus_atlas_London_Zoo_01118-2.jpg

It'll make those ones take up residence in peoples wallets :)

4Vman
3rd March 2015, 06:37 PM
Gray GT Convertible SOLD.

Perko
3rd March 2015, 06:57 PM
That pricing is spot on. Well done Ford. My wife better not see this thread. :highly_amused:

FTe217
3rd March 2015, 07:49 PM
It's a very nice blue.

I like your wording their pal :) sooner or later the moths will fly, I'm torn which way on a couple of subjects (old and new skool) and tbh pony pricing isn't out of reach if I desired new......
Norm so she likes silver - classy.

4Vman
3rd March 2015, 08:02 PM
I like your wording their pal :) sooner or later the moths will fly, I'm torn which way on a couple of subjects (old and new skool) and tbh pony pricing isn't out of reach if I desired new......
Norm so she likes silver - classy.

Dark Gray Maurie!!

FTe217
3rd March 2015, 08:52 PM
OH - Dark Gray LOL, your talking about the convert in the motor report ?.....is the new silver ok I get it ;)

4Vman
3rd March 2015, 08:56 PM

HSE2
3rd March 2015, 09:03 PM
Yeah that is nice too.

You know if I were in the market I don't think I would get the V8.

The 4 gets all the features of the eight and the looks and you save a fair bit. The there is the issue with the power of the eight. I wonder what the performance difference will be for our models.

4Vman
3rd March 2015, 09:05 PM
Will be interesting, 21kw is a fair drop

HSE2
3rd March 2015, 09:08 PM
And ecoboost is the same as in the US yes?

I think if this were me buying the drop in power for the V8 would be a must drive first situation.

FTe217
3rd March 2015, 09:09 PM
OH ok Meteorite - must be a new US colour :p as I said classy.

Your right Ian the ecoboost is great value but famous last words going the 4 - just wonder if you could get used to the lack of proper sound, I mean the Damo's of the world are fine but us Men its a matter of principle.

HSE2
3rd March 2015, 09:13 PM
Yes there is that, and the idea that the Stang must be a V8 but hey times they are a changing. I keep coming back to if its ok for the ford GT to be a six, maybe dynamically the 4 has the edge.

If that spec sheet is right, if our market is feature driven, there are no extra gadgets in the V8.

You get the looks but yes not the sound. Then again not everyone likes the coyote v8 sound.

I didn't see auto up windows mentioned?

Norm will change his mind just for the heated and cooled seats.

4Vman
3rd March 2015, 09:16 PM
Yes there is that, and the idea that the Stang must be a V8 but hey times they are a changing. I keep coming back to if its ok for the ford GT to be a six, maybe dynamically the 4 has the edge.

If that spec sheet is right, if our market is feature driven, there are no extra gadgets in the V8.

You get the looks but yes not the sound. Then again not everyone likes the coyote v8 sound.

I didn't see auto up windows mentioned?

Norm will change his mind just for the heated and cooled seats.

Mentioning auto up windows in a feature list these days is like listing a steering wheel....

FTe217
3rd March 2015, 09:21 PM
Yep - times have changed very much seeing a Pony 4pack !
TBH the aftermarket guys are going to have a field day with this just as I6T and blow off many higher HP brands.
The handling I expect to have better balance compared to the 8 just as I6T did to the FPV 8's, especially back in the Boss versions.
I said it before, this will sell well imo, new buyers to the brand for sure. Focus RS will lose out to this purely on the "look" coupe factor and expected price diff.

Got to say during winter when I rarely use the wife's JEEP, those seat heaters are worth more than auto windows UP.

Elks
3rd March 2015, 09:23 PM

That looks fantastic. But I reckon it needs to be a manual, therefore no veritable.

Do you have a pic of the blue.

4Vman
3rd March 2015, 09:25 PM
That looks fantastic. But I reckon it needs to be a manual, therefore no veritable.

Do you have a pic of the blue.

Not in convertible, she's dead set on a convertible so no other option than auto.

Elks
3rd March 2015, 09:26 PM
Will be interesting, 21kw is a fair drop

As is 250kg.

Elks
3rd March 2015, 09:27 PM
Not in convertible, she's dead set on a convertible so no other option than auto.

It's not about her norm. It's about me.

4Vman
3rd March 2015, 09:28 PM
As is 250kg.

What's 250kg? I thought the GT mustang is about 1700kg?

FTe217
3rd March 2015, 09:28 PM
I said Tony that Blue of the fast back is bloody nice ! look forward seeing it in the metal.

FTe217
3rd March 2015, 09:30 PM
GT 1680kg
Ecoboost 1602kg.

For the Mustang GT, that means an increase in weight of 39kg in manual form, and 24kg as an automatic. Total kerb weight for the GT is a relatively porky 1680kg, while weight distribution is 53 percent front, 47 percent rear.

The 1602kg Mustang EcoBoost is not only lighter, but better balanced thanks to a front-rear weight distribution of 52:48.

defective
3rd March 2015, 09:45 PM
45k for a manual eb has me more than a little interested I have to admit.

I like the idea of a turbo 4 in a stylish coupe. Hard to get this days.

Franco Cozzo
3rd March 2015, 09:57 PM
Its right in that affordable to nearly everyone range isnt it?

defective
3rd March 2015, 10:03 PM
Its right in that affordable to nearly everyone range isnt it?

Realistically, it's still 10-12k more than I'd prefer to spend, but hopefully by the time I'm ready to buy the mad rush of sales at the start will have slowed and maybe prices might be a little better?

HSE2
4th March 2015, 03:03 AM
Assuming everyone agrees the pricing looks pretty good, I can't help wonder where a GT350 would have fitted in and what volume that might have had here.

VZTRT
4th March 2015, 06:46 AM
Mentioning auto up windows in a feature list these days is like listing a steering wheel....

They do mention it....with the steering wheel.....and leather wrapped park brake.

FEATURES

Interior
•Dual Zone Climate Control
•Satellite Navigation
•Automatic on-off headlights
•Floor mats (front and rear)
•Electric front and rear windows with one-touch lowering/close front windows (driver and passenger)
•Height-and-reach adjustable leather steering wheel
•Steering wheel mounted cruise and audio controls
•Leather-wrapped parking brake
•Illuminated visors – driver and passenger
•Intelligent Access with Push Button Start
•Auto Dimming Rear view mirror
•Aluminium-faced Foot Pedals
•Ambient Lighting
•Illuminated Scuff Plates

dash gt
4th March 2015, 10:24 AM
My dealer has 27 sold already.

Hes even got one coming for himself personally.

I want one now, track orange 5.0 manual!

:highly_amused:

He also said if people order before the 6th of March they will be guaranteed Delivery prior to Feb 16.

FTe217
4th March 2015, 01:03 PM
Dash - 27 deposits taken ?
Just curious but impressed if so, he must be licking his lips.

My pony source says only 1500 will be coming out first run, surprisingly also having mentioned the pricing to he he reckons they arn't making much $$$ on them.
As has been mentioned the pricing is better than expected considering the A$ - maybe he's right ?

4Vman
4th March 2015, 01:13 PM
WTF? Feb 2016 delivery if you order in the next few weeks??

FML i've just been abused for 5 mins... I'm not sure she will wait till then, isnt this supposed to be deliverable late this year....?

When can people look at and drive these freakin things to make up their minds?

My head hurts....

Road_Warrior
4th March 2015, 01:15 PM
On sale late this year I think, a dealer on AFF has said that advance orders via Ford's "online portal" (whatever that is) closes on April 6

4Vman
4th March 2015, 01:18 PM
On sale late this year I think, a dealer on AFF has said that advance orders via Ford's "online portal" (whatever that is) closes on April 6

Onsale to me means i can buy one touch one, drive one and expect delivery soon, not in 12 months.

Right so people have to buy sight unseen??? This is not a new model or continuation model, its a brand new car/platform.

Also will we be getting the new MY16 Mustang??????

HSE2
4th March 2015, 01:32 PM
wasn't there something on Ford FB page about the system breaking down?

If you watch the Geneva video they mention some astronomical number of configuration hits through such systems outside the USA.

FTe217
4th March 2015, 01:42 PM
LOL....

dash gt
4th March 2015, 01:57 PM
WTF? Feb 2016 delivery if you order in the next few weeks??

FML i've just been abused for 5 mins... I'm not sure she will wait till then, isnt this supposed to be deliverable late this year....?

When can people look at and drive these freakin things to make up their minds?

My head hurts....

You may get one as soon as November, it depends where you are on the list. But they have promised that they will fill all orders Prior to Feb 2016, providing your cars ordered by Friday.

dash gt
4th March 2015, 01:59 PM
Onsale to me means i can buy one touch one, drive one and expect delivery soon, not in 12 months.

Right so people have to buy sight unseen??? This is not a new model or continuation model, its a brand new car/platform.

Also will we be getting the new MY16 Mustang??????

One would assume they will be MY16's.

Most people have signed subject to driving the vehicle. Ive put my name down at this stage and put an order in. If I don't like it when it comes I won't be taking it.

4Vman
4th March 2015, 02:03 PM
One would assume they will be MY16's.

Most people have signed subject to driving the vehicle. Ive put my name down at this stage and put an order in. If I don't like it when it comes I won't be taking it.

Ok, so to me that's not a sale, anything conditional is effectively a reservation on a car, or "first dibs".

This must mean Ford are bringing in significant stock?

dash gt
4th March 2015, 02:09 PM
Id say 90% will take them though.

My biggest problem is if I fit in it, and fit comfortibly. Something I can't judge by a photo!

Yes stock will be signifcant. Something tells me Ford US has told Ford AUS not to screw this up, I now know of 2 dealers that have approx 30 orders each. Put that across 20 major dealers are we are talking 600+ cars minimum.

Dealers are happily taking peoples names and ordering cars, it secures them allocation which means even if people don't buy they will be able to fill orders once the cars get here.

4Vman
4th March 2015, 02:15 PM
Id say 90% will take them though.

My biggest problem is if I fit in it, and fit comfortibly. Something I can't judge by a photo!

Yes stock will be signifcant. Something tells me Ford US has told Ford AUS not to screw this up, I now know of 2 dealers that have approx 30 orders each. Put that across 20 major dealers are we are talking 600+ cars minimum.

Dealers are happily taking peoples names and ordering cars, it secures them allocation which means even if people don't buy they will be able to fill orders once the cars get here.

Ok cool, there's no way id get locked into an unconditional sale without being able to sample the product first.

HSE2
4th March 2015, 02:17 PM
LOL....

So that was just you not making up your mind 5000000 times.

Yeah I can see that.

dash gt
4th March 2015, 02:17 PM
Ok cool, there's no way id get locked into an unconditional sale without being able to sample the product first.

Yes I don't think anyone would be that silly, but to be honest dealers don't really chase people over pulling out of contracts today, not big dealers anyhow.

Charliewool
4th March 2015, 02:18 PM
My pick (or is it "HER" pick?) is identical to Norms... Meteorite ragtop! (Yellow 2nd pick)
Spose I'd better be prepared to get a reaming on the 370 roadster?.. Bloody things only done 19,000ks in it's 4years too..
Incidently the 370 was RRP 80k when I bought it (paid 67k).. Who'd of thought 4 years later you'd get a brand spanking Mustang ragtop for the same moola?

HSE2
4th March 2015, 02:20 PM
My pick (or is it "HER" pick?) is identical to Norms... Meteorite ragtop! (Yellow 2nd pick)
Spose I'd better be prepared to get a reaming on the 370 roadster?.. Bloody things only done 19,000ks in it's 4years too..
Incidently the 370 was RRP 80k when I bought it (paid 67k).. Who'd of thought 4 years later you'd get a brand spanking Mustang ragtop for the same moola?

Are you in line with your order now?

dash gt
4th March 2015, 02:23 PM
I have put the following request in.

Dark Grey
5.0 GT
Overhead stripe
Auto.

Hopefully the overhead stripe is matt black. Didn't know what the wheel option was so didn't bother. its still a 9 - 10 month wait so alot can change over that period.

4Vman
4th March 2015, 02:27 PM
Just spoke with my dealer, what a coincidence, he says they've taken "32" orders......

Charliewool
4th March 2015, 02:28 PM
Was that request through Ford's website?
I have done that and received an email stating someone from Binks Ford will contact me shortly

dash gt
4th March 2015, 02:29 PM
Just spoke with my dealer, what a coincidence, he says they've take "32" orders......

Seems odd doesn't it.

Dealerships have been known to put in Ghost orders just to get allocations up. Only problem is Ford now request the telephone number of the buyer, and in turn can cold call them to make sure that their order is infact real and they actually exist.

dash gt
4th March 2015, 02:30 PM
Was that request through Ford's website?
I have done that and received an email stating someone from Binks Ford will contact me shortly

No dealerships have to order cars through their system online. As above they have to put down the details of the customer they have ordered on behalf of.

Charliewool
4th March 2015, 02:32 PM
Would REALLY like to see one in the flesh before fully committing.. (especially re: colours)
Going through the build gizmo thing on the Ford website, ALL colours are $500 extra... If you don't pick a colour, does it come in bare metal or just primmer?

4Vman
4th March 2015, 02:32 PM
Seems odd doesn't it.

Dealerships have been known to put in Ghost orders just to get allocations up. Only problem is Ford now request the telephone number of the buyer, and in turn can cold call them to make sure that their order is infact real and they actually exist.
Hmmm... well ill let people know shortly because ill be chaperoning this sale....

dash gt
4th March 2015, 02:35 PM
Would REALLY like to see one in the flesh before fully committing.. (especially re: colours)
Going through the build gizmo thing on the Ford website, ALL colours are $500 extra... If you don't pick a colour, does it come in bare metal or just primmer?

All I can say is if you want a specific car and colour, and being a soft top unless you put something in the line, you wont get what you want for a very long time, my guess is Aug 2016.

Just do what I did, subject to drive and subject to trade in at the time being what you require. Easy walk away.

Charliewool
4th March 2015, 02:41 PM
Aug 2016??? Jesus, I'l be friggin SIXTY!.. Maybe too old to even drive?

dash gt
4th March 2015, 02:45 PM

hahaha no you wont, but what ever hair you have left, will be gone!

TS50
4th March 2015, 02:46 PM

well you buy it, I will drive it for you, I will be a sprightly 57

Road_Warrior
4th March 2015, 02:50 PM
All I can say is if you want a specific car and colour, and being a soft top unless you put something in the line, you wont get what you want for a very long time, my guess is Aug 2016.

Just do what I did, subject to drive and subject to trade in at the time being what you require. Easy walk away.

What are you going to trade?

Charliewool
4th March 2015, 02:51 PM
I'll take Dash's advice... "subject to..."

dash gt
4th March 2015, 02:54 PM
What are you going to trade?

Nothing at this point.

FTe217
4th March 2015, 03:45 PM
So that was just you not making up your mind 5000000 times.

Yeah I can see that.

:( why must you be so unkind.....

TBH the moths are flying around at present - after reading Charlie's and Dashs posts I might as well place a Pony order as well subject to this subject to that - make up my mind in mid 2016 :highly_amused: at least the moths stretched their wings for a mo hehe
Fark - anything is better than giving in getting into a 5star hearse :)

dash gt
4th March 2015, 03:47 PM
:( why must you be so unkind.....

TBH the moths are flying around at present - after reading Charlie's and Dashs posts I might as well place a Pony order as well subject to this subject to that - make up my mind in mid 2016 :highly_amused: at least the moths stretched their wings for a mo hehe
Fark - anything is better than giving in getting into a 5star hearse :)

Its been a while between drinks... Come on, you know you want one!

Franco Cozzo
4th March 2015, 06:26 PM
hahaha no you wont, but what ever hair you have left, will be gone!

Driving it with the roof down will blow the rest of it off.

4Vman
4th March 2015, 06:32 PM
Help.

Cant find wheel or interior color options? are there any???

dash gt
4th March 2015, 07:16 PM
Help.

Cant find wheel or interior color options? are there any???

Norm charcoal interior only. Wheels come standard as the matt black ones, similar to HSV SV pack ones. Not sure on the optional wheels though.

4Vman
4th March 2015, 07:49 PM
Norm charcoal interior only. Wheels come standard as the matt black ones, similar to HSV SV pack ones. Not sure on the optional wheels though.

Ok, the cars at the Opera house have different wheels to the cars on the Ford AU website which are the satin black SV style wheel.

FTe217
4th March 2015, 08:02 PM
Well I don't like black rims for starters, 1 scratch, yes wheel option would have to be taken depending what finish :)

Elks
4th March 2015, 08:23 PM
Wheel option is $500 for nickel (shiny silver) finish. That's the go.

Black wheels make it look like you have run out of wheel cleaner.

4Vman
4th March 2015, 08:25 PM
Wheel option is $500 for nickel (shiny silver) finish. That's the go.

Black wheels make it look like you have run out of wheel cleaner.

Is the wheel option listed on Fords website? Such an annoying site to try to use...

defective
4th March 2015, 09:04 PM
Wheels are a consumable anyway.

I haven't replaced tyres on any of my cars for more than ten years....

andrewforbes
5th March 2015, 01:17 AM
The pricing is just what I figured, had to be close or slightly better then falcon

4Vman
5th March 2015, 05:54 PM
Ok, to support what others have said my dealer has confirmed get the order in by COB tomorrow and car will be in first allocation for Nov delivery.

Get order in before early april and its Feb 2016 del.

Details and price will be confirmed in the morning..!

Dealer also said Ford will be calling all purchasers to ensure they are legitimate customers.... Lessons learned from GT-F perhaps???

FTe217
5th March 2015, 06:35 PM
Is she going to place order tomorrow Norm ?

4Vman
5th March 2015, 06:39 PM
Is she going to place order tomorrow Norm ?
Yep, all set to do it first thing.

Must have the car this year or she'll lose her shit!!!

FTe217
5th March 2015, 08:29 PM
Can't have her lose it - good stuff.

4Vman
6th March 2015, 06:53 AM
Fastback 2.3-litre GTDi I4 EcoBoost, 6-speed manual, $50,600*

Fastback 2.3-litre GTDi I4 EcoBoost, 6-speed automatic, $53,400*

Fastback 5.0-litre Ti-VCT V8, 6-speed manual, $61,600*

Fastback 5.0-litre Ti-VCT V8, 6-speed automatic, $64,200*

Convertible 2.3-litre GTDi I4 EcoBoost, 6-speed automatic, $60,500*

Convertible 5.0-litre Ti-VCT V8, 6-speed automatic, $71,200*

*Drive Away prices, no options, no premium paint, no tint etc..

defective
6th March 2015, 04:16 PM
3.5k extra for the auto?

4Vman
6th March 2015, 04:20 PM
Fastback 2.3-litre GTDi I4 EcoBoost, 6-speed manual, $50,600*

Fastback 2.3-litre GTDi I4 EcoBoost, 6-speed automatic, $53,400*

Fastback 5.0-litre Ti-VCT V8, 6-speed manual, $61,600*

Fastback 5.0-litre Ti-VCT V8, 6-speed automatic, $64,200*

Convertible 2.3-litre GTDi I4 EcoBoost, 6-speed automatic, $60,500*

Convertible 5.0-litre Ti-VCT V8, 6-speed automatic, $71,200*

*Drive Away prices, no options, no premium paint, no tint etc..

These prices are incorrect.

Melbnut
11th March 2015, 03:03 PM
These prices are incorrect.

Any update on this? Keen to know as I have a dealer invoice that says $61181 driveaway less my deposit.

4Vman
11th March 2015, 03:24 PM
Any update on this? Keen to know as I have a dealer invoice that says $61181 driveaway less my deposit.

No further details, if you've got this price go for it. I can't see them coming down!!

Elks
11th March 2015, 05:58 PM

Which model is that for? Ecoboost Auto?

Melbnut
11th March 2015, 07:24 PM
Which model is that for? Ecoboost Auto?

No that is race red gt manual

Elks
11th March 2015, 08:22 PM
Well that's sharp pricing. Well done.

Melbnut
11th March 2015, 09:10 PM
Was caled today by sales manager to confirm order and sign papers. I actually said that I had heard of some dealers selling at 63-65k.. He was surprised and said they are selling all at rrp.

Also read me he dealer advice which suggested December start date for deliveries. Given I am about number 14 at my dealer I probably won't get my car until feb! Which sucks. Also said to expect a call from ford Aus in the next month to confirm I am a real person, then production details and delivery month to follow. He also mentioned that dealers have been warned to not put dodgy orders or keep orders that are cancelled. Threat of no dealer supply for 6 months which seemed a bit far fetched to me

Franco Cozzo
11th March 2015, 10:28 PM
Seems excessively long to wait, Feb is a long time away.

4Vman
12th March 2015, 06:14 AM
If you had placed your order by last friday they were saying Nov delivery for first allocation.

Melbnut
12th March 2015, 06:21 AM
If you had placed your order by last friday they were saying Nov delivery for first allocation.

Which is what I thought and I ordered start of feb but apparently if you had ordered by last Friday it was that you would be part of launch delivery which is sometime between November and feb, but dealer thinks it's already dec-March

dash gt
12th March 2015, 10:59 AM

No they weren't!

They were saying any date between Nov 2015 to Feb 2016.

4Vman
12th March 2015, 11:03 AM
No they weren't!

They were saying any date prior to Feb 2016.

Not what my dealer said.....

Not arguing over who's right or wrong, just the different messages dealers are saying.

One common thing they all say is Ford will be contacting the purchaser to verify.

TBH i seriously doubt even Ford know when the cars will get here as dealers claim a month or 2 ago August for first cars.....

There has also been some suggestion the cars we get will be a hybrid mix of 2 packs with some features removed to reduce costs because of the $AUD weakening...

dash gt
12th March 2015, 11:14 AM
Not what my dealer said.....

Not arguing over who's right or wrong, just the different messages dealers are saying.

One common thing they all say is Ford will be contacting the purchaser to verify.

TBH i seriously doubt even Ford know when the cars will get here as dealers claim a month or 2 ago August for first cars.....

There has also been some suggestion the cars we get will be a hybrid mix of 2 packs with some features removed to reduce costs because of the $AUD weakening...

Yeah but your dealer can't even get the price right mate.

The dealer bulletin (I've read it) states that cars will be delivered between Nov 15 and Feb 16 (if you ordered by March the 6).

They cannot guarantee who will receive their allocation or in what order but they will fulfill all orders that were taken by the 6th.

I hope your dealer didn't guarantee your friend her convertible this year because it may not happen.

Melbnut
12th March 2015, 11:17 AM
Yeah but your dealer can't even get the price right mate.

The dealer bulletin (I've read it) states that cars will be delivered between Nov 15 and Feb 16 (if you ordered by March the 6).

They cannot guarantee who will receive their allocation or in what order but they will fulfill all orders that were taken by the 6th.

This is the same bulletin that I have been read over the phone. I also can't see ford changing the spec now with actual sales invoices in place as well as features documented on the website..

Charliewool
13th March 2015, 09:20 AM

So let me get this right... You sign a contract and pay a deposit on a vehicle where the already listed features are diminishing according to our dollar capitulating?
They can't do that!!.... That's like buying an airline ticket to travel to New York next Christmas, and when you board they tell you you're getting off at Hawaii because the dollars fallen.

dash gt
13th March 2015, 09:38 AM
No what you get is what is on the website and or the brochure.

Whats in the marketing now is locked in.

We were never going to get the full performance pack, just parts of it.

Melbnut
13th March 2015, 11:35 AM
Yes but what are we not getting? I am annoyed that uk is getting options and we aren't

HSE2
13th March 2015, 11:40 AM
Importers have been using this method of market correction since the beginning of time.

there is a disclaimer covering this that basically says they reserve the right to change specs and price without notice.

Its not normally done outside a model change and these days you will see that occur more frequently to align with MYXX.

In this particular case some items from the performance pack have been removed from what was originally hoped to be part of it. No further changes will be made now, not for the batch that is coming.

What you see now is it, locked in.

jpd80
18th March 2015, 07:32 PM
I wonder, the Aussie dollar keeps falling this year, goes down past the 70 cent threshold,
down to say 63 cents by the time Mustang gets here - How expensive are all these imports going to be...

I recon XR8 and 6.2 SS Commodore are going to be absolute bargains by comparison.

4Vman
20th March 2015, 04:49 PM
Mustang pricing on Fords website was finally fixed today, Convertible DA price went UP about $1500. Just under $73K DA with metallic and Nickle wheels..

Auto Coupe with same options $63K DA.

Melbnut
31st March 2015, 11:48 AM
Spoke to my dealer today who hinted that the delivery timeline is already out by a month!!! Anyone else heard this. They aren't confident they will deliver any cars in November and expect to get moving jan.. This is crazy

HSE2
31st March 2015, 08:51 PM
Haven't heard anything myself but I am not surprised.

FTe217
1st April 2015, 07:58 AM
I don't think its crazy.
New imported line, many hurdles big or small I imagine still getting nutted out or done, production forecasting would be the biggest issue I expect etcetc shipping times, pre delivery etc
In my own industry importing from the US we've always factored in 3mth lead time from issue of PO.
That can drag out another month at times - even more whilst there had been a union dispute at the West Coast US ports not long ago that crippled US exports imports for sometime, there's still a back log from this for eg.

4Vman
1st April 2015, 09:48 AM
I know someone who will tell the dealer in no uncertain terms if they deliver it in 2016 after taking a deposit at the beginning of March 2015 it better be 2016 model....

Melbnut
3rd April 2015, 09:48 AM
I was under the impression they will all be my16 cars. If they aren't i will be saying the same thing