PDA

View Full Version : SHELBY AMERICAN LAUNCHES THE 2015 SHELBY GT! NEWS RELEASE

Falc'man
19th January 2015, 09:19 AM
More Information: Scott Black | TPRM | (214) 520-3430 | sblack@tprm.com

SHELBY AMERICAN LAUNCHES 2015 SHELBY GT MUSCLE CAR FOR ENTHUSIASTS WORLDWIDE

Spectacular new Shelby GT unveiled at Barrett-Jackson in Ford Motor Company booth

Available with 627 HP for both manual and automatic transmission cars

The first Shelby GT also designed for international markets

LAS VEGAS – Jan. 16, 2015 – Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK), launched the first global Shelby GT muscle car, which is based on the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang GT. One of the most popular cars in Shelby history the 627 HP 2015 Shelby GT was unveiled today at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction in Ford Motor Company’s booth. Shelby is now taking orders with delivery of cars planned for the beginning of the second quarter of 2015.

“This 2015 Shelby GT incorporates all of the engineering lessons we’ve learned building high performance vehicles over the past 50 years,” said Joe Conway, co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International and CEO of Shelby American “With the international distribution of the current Ford Mustang, we worked closely with our partners to develop a car that can be offered in both North America and overseas. It’s the first Shelby muscle car in our history designed from day one to be a truly global vehicle.”

In 2007, Ford Division, Carroll Shelby and Ford Racing created the Shelby GT. Beginning as 4.6L Mustang GT’s assembled at Ford, they were shipped to Shelby in Las Vegas for transformation. Around 8,000 Shelby GT’s were built from 2007 to 2008 and the wildly popular car dominated its SCCA racing class. In 2013, Shelby American returned the Shelby GT to its lineup after a five year hiatus.

“We took a new approach with the 2015 Shelby GT,” said Shelby American Vice President of Operations Akos J. Feher. “We had a lot of fun designing these cars and ended up building the most powerful Shelby GT ever offered without sacrificing reliability. All exterior parts were designed and developed in-house, with every component exclusive to Shelby. We only used lightweight carbon fiber for all the aerodynamic components, including the brand new hood. The components were designed to allow a high level of customization for our customers, like the new billet aluminum front grilles.”

Every aspect of the Shelby GT is enhanced to create a potent all-around performer. Like it’s predecessor, this car features Ford Racing Performance Parts including a 627 HP supercharger, performance handling kit and half shafts. Gearing has been upgraded 3.73 gears and paired with chrome-tipped Borla exhaust. The Shelby GT rides on a staggered set of WELD Racing wheels shod with sticky Michelin tires.

This car loves the twisties and can handle the curves thanks to the new performance handling kit. The Wilwood six piston front brakes ensure the car can stop on a dime. The base car’s good looks are enhanced by adding a new hood with functional air vents and other functional aerodynamic components like a 2-piece rear diffuser. All of the Shelby exclusive exterior parts are made of carbon fiber; they are not only functional but also look great either painted or unpainted. Shelby exclusive front grilles, made entirely out of billet aluminum highlight the already aggressive nose of the car.

A Shelby GT can be built based on either a manual or automatic Mustang GT, is 50 state emissions legal in the USA and runs on pump gas. Shelby’s most demanding customers can order a ’15 Shelby GT with a long list of options including a 700+HP performance upgrade, adjustable suspension, upgraded big brake kit, and a number of interior upgrades.

“The 2015 Shelby GT is a nicely balanced muscle car that does everything well, whether on the track or on the drag strip” said Gary Patterson, Shelby American Vice President of Strategic Sales and Media Relations. “This post-title program takes performance to extreme levels. At the same time, the styling is sleek yet uniquely American with touches from Shelby history. Based on the fantastic new Ford Mustang platform, the Shelby GT can easily double as formidable daily driver and then run rings around the competition at track events.”

This is a post-title program; Ford dealers worldwide can contact Shelby American to build a Shelby GT based on a car owned by a customer or one of their 2015 Mustang GT fastbacks or convertibles. Each car will be issued a Shelby American CSM number for documentation in the official Shelby American Worldwide Registry to maximize potential collectability.

“The demand for Shelby vehicles, parts and products around the globe continues to skyrocket,” said Neil Cummings co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International and CEO of Carroll Shelby Licensing. “In addition to a superb facility in Las Vegas, Shelby is establishing mod shops worldwide. This will allow enthusiasts worldwide who have access to a Ford Mustang to transform it into a Shelby GT locally.”

The price of the base Shelby GT modification, not including the Ford Mustang GT, is $39,995. Customers can build their Shelby GT online at http://www.shelbyamerican.com/2015shelbygt.asp or call (702) 942-7325/ (844) 974-3529.

About Shelby American, Inc.

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby American manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company builds authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles; it offers the Shelby GT, 1000, GT500 Super Snake and GTS post-title packages for the 2005-2015 Ford Mustang. Shelby American also builds the Shelby Raptor muscle truck and Shelby Focus ST hot hatch. For more information, visit www.shelbyamerican.com.

2015 Shelby GT Key Features

Exterior:

Carbon fiber hood with customizable hood vents

Carbon fiber front splitter

Carbon fiber rocker panels

Carbon fiber 2-piece rear diffuser

Carbon fiber rear deck lid

Carbon fiber trunk spoiler

Carbon fiber mirror covers

Carbon fiber hood extension

Modular customizable billet aluminum upper and lower front grilles

Shelby GT striping

Shelby GT badging on front grille and on C-pillars

Shelby faux gas cap

“Powered by Ford” front fender badges

SHELBY lettering on trunk lid

Washer relocation kit

Interior:

Shelby branded custom headrests

CSM dash plaque and engine plate

Carbon fiber dash pod with 3 gauges

Shelby GT door sill plates

Shelby branded floor mats

Performance:

Ford Racing 627+HP supercharger

Ford Racing by Borla exhaust with Shelby oval tips

Ford Racing half-shafts

Ford Racing handling pack with upgraded shocks, springs and sway bars

Ford Racing short throw shifter for the manual cars

Wilwood performance front brake upgrade

Shelby Venice wheels by WELD Racing, 9.5x20 front and 10.5x20 on rear

Michelin tires 275/35/20 on front, 305/30/20 on rear

3:73 rear gears

Additional Options:

700+ HP performance upgrade

Painted carbon fiber options

Rear brake upgrade

Shelby custom interior on both stock and Recaro seats

Front brake cooling system

Carbon fiber intakes

Fog light re-location

Air injection plate with channeling

Shelby Extreme Cooling system

Adjustable track suspension package

Engine dress up package

Track Delivery Experiencehttp://www.shelbyamerican.com/newshome.asp?article=135

Falc'man
19th January 2015, 09:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84178208&v=Kk8OW6kDjhk&x-yt-ts=1421459669

Falc'man
19th January 2015, 09:22 AM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18226&d=1421441218
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18227&d=1421441218
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18221&d=1421438804
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18228&d=1421441218
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18239&d=1421441735
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18240&d=1421441735
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18222&d=1421438804
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18229&d=1421441218
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18230&d=1421441218
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18236&d=1421441735
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18238&d=1421441735

FTe217
19th January 2015, 09:40 AM
One for Perko again one for Colville.
I'll have Black though I do like that Emporer or whatever they call that colour.

Bluestuff1
19th January 2015, 09:54 AM
the reds the best.......

4Vman
19th January 2015, 11:45 AM
$40k over the cost of the Base Donor.

Are these considered aftermarket in the States?

Falc'man
19th January 2015, 12:12 PM
Yes, aftermarket.

4Vman
19th January 2015, 12:19 PM
Yes, aftermarket.

Thanks, so like a Premcar or Walkinshaw type effort.

Lots of people will pay 18-30K for a Walky supercharger kit/Brake upgrade for their R8/SSV, cant see why a similar kit wouldn't work for Mustang.

Im tipping Herrods offer the Roush stuff...

4Vman
19th January 2015, 12:24 PM
Also when did the Shelby name and GT350/500 become detatched?

The Original GT350 and 500 were Shelby products sold new through ford dealers.

The US/Mustang world is so confusing... I see so many images now its hard to remember what a stock GT Mustang is and what's a GT350 or aftermarket...

Falc'man
19th January 2015, 12:46 PM
Shelby American is aftermarket.
In the previous shape (S197) they had the GT350, but Ford was able to use the " Shelby GT500" under license.
Now, with S550, Ford has both 350 and 500 under license. Hence Shelby American calling this the Shelby GT so as not to conflict.

FTe217
19th January 2015, 02:26 PM
Yer agree Norm - with so many tune house's in the US great for customer choice.
I don't think Herrod alone - Craig Dean has distributer Shelby Roush Saleen rights long before Herrod came into the scene.

WASP
19th January 2015, 02:48 PM
Now I all we need to for Ford Dealers here in Australia & New Zealand to be able to offer the Shelby GT package as as option to Mustang GT buyers which retains the full factory backed warranty and roadworthy..

I know its not a GT350 or GT500, but with factory support it be the next best option.

FTe217
19th January 2015, 03:09 PM
Well Colville, that's the $64k question ?????????
Word I had been informed is that Craig Dean has a good long binding contract being the Shelby/Roush/Saleen distributer.
Therefore as it stands whatever Shelby branded item/s etc have to come through Mr Dean, I think this is one of the hurdles in regards to having this run through the dealer network with FoA support.

Paxton
19th January 2015, 03:52 PM
Shelby American is aftermarket.
In the previous shape (S197) they had the GT350, but Ford was able to use the " Shelby GT500" under license.
Now, with S550, Ford has both 350 and 500 under license. Hence Shelby American calling this the Shelby GT so as not to conflict.

Why did Ford not just buy Shelby?

defective
19th January 2015, 03:55 PM
Il have the yellow one, and a can of plastidip to hide that grill.

flappist
19th January 2015, 04:13 PM
If you look at carsales you will see several supercharged mustangs including Shelbys for a LOT less money than they were even a year ago.
Of course there are a couple of new ones for $300k. I would not like to be trying to sell those at the moment.

4Vman
19th January 2015, 04:20 PM
Now I all we need to for Ford Dealers here in Australia & New Zealand to be able to offer the Shelby GT package as as option to Mustang GT buyers which retains the full factory backed warranty and roadworthy..

I know its not a GT350 or GT500, but with factory support it be the next best option.
LOL, is this the same Ford dealer network that made me sign a waiver for my driveline warranty for a cat back exhaust??

flappist
19th January 2015, 04:35 PM
LOL, is this the same Ford dealer network that made me sign a waiver for my driveline warranty for a cat back exhaust??

Yes but then we had an idiot up here with the first Pursuit sold in QLD put a nitrous kit on it, fried the engine and then claimed warranty.
Nearly got away with it except he had a multi page write up in "UTE" magazine complete with lots of pics and details on how he had fitted the nitrous as well as stories on how much the performance had increased.

andrewforbes
20th January 2015, 02:21 AM
Yeah baby, :D how awesome is this, a truly global Shelby stang,
I'll sound like I bit of a dumb arse but what does 627hp equate to in kw's n having another option for 700+ how good is that. Yee ha

andrewforbes
20th January 2015, 02:24 AM
I'd love to see silver n orange stripes same as what the gt falcon was a few years ago

WASP
20th January 2015, 10:57 AM

Ford dealers must comply with the interests of Ford or they will have to fork for any warranty claims. If Ford back all approved Shelby additions then I'm sure they would welcome these enhancements with open arms.

4Vman
20th January 2015, 11:07 AM
Ford dealers must comply with the interests of Ford or they will have to fork for any warranty claims. If Ford back all approved Shelby additions then I'm sure they would welcome these enhancements with open arms.
Which means no chance.

Futura
20th January 2015, 01:30 PM
Looking at the new Shelby GT is giving me a headache. The front grill looks like its home made. The exterior is way to busy and loses the mustang smooth lines.

jpd80
20th January 2015, 09:02 PM
Which means no chance.
Not sure because the previous Shelby GT500 had the same warranty as every other 2014 Mustang.

4Vman
20th January 2015, 09:04 PM
Not sure because the previous Shelby GT500 had the same warranty as every other 2014 Mustang.

GT500 was a Ford product though, not aftermarket.

( trust me I was confused too...)

jpd80
20th January 2015, 09:15 PM
Let's see how this pans out, it could end up being an approved modification kit ...

"This 2015 Shelby GT incorporates all of the engineering lessons we've learned building high performance vehicles over the past 50 years," said Joe Conway, co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International and CEO of Shelby American in a statement. "With the international distribution of the current Ford Mustang, we worked closely with our partners to develop a car that can be offered in both North America and overseas. It's the first Shelby muscle car in our history designed from day one to be a truly global vehicle."

Shelby is establishing "mod shops" all over the world to accommodate buyers who wish to purchase the Shelby GT package. The upgrades will set U.S. customers back at least $39,995 in addition to the cost of the car on which it will be based.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/shelby-american-announces-2015-shelby-gt.html#ixzz3PMKbq1ce

4Vman
20th January 2015, 09:18 PM
Let's see how this pans out, it could end up being an approved modification kit ...

So based on the anticipated price of 70k for a GT Mustang here that package would have to take one to over $120k AUD...

jpd80
20th January 2015, 09:21 PM
So based on the anticipated price of 70k for a GT Mustang here that package would have to take one to over $120k AUD...

And more if you want the optional 700 hp upgrade

4Vman
20th January 2015, 09:22 PM

Getting Exy....

FTe217
20th January 2015, 09:54 PM
Yep and going to get more exy as the $A will fall in time I expect.

WASP
21st January 2015, 12:54 PM

Yeap, but its still cheaper than any nearest comparable offering. I would consider one if its backed by Ford. If it is just another aftermarket, hack tested and installed, drive line destroying warranty burning upgrade I'll give it a miss.