PDA

View Full Version : Mustang rentals

flappist
20th October 2014, 12:46 PM
Whenever I have been to USA there have been Mustangs and other similar cars available for rental.
I believe that the T4 Mustang would be an ideal candidate for rental in Australia as it looks good, uses little fuel, is fairly big inside and is not an camry/aurion/Hyundai etc.

So if the T4 Mustang was available for rental at about the same price as a XR6/Commodore is now in the near future would you consider it?

And of course there is a poll.

4Vman
20th October 2014, 12:51 PM
As a short termer absolutely.

As long as they price it accordingly and not as a luxury model.

Road_Warrior
20th October 2014, 12:51 PM
Dude, where's my poll

Road_Warrior
20th October 2014, 12:52 PM
If it was me and the Mrs only, or just me I would. If it included the kids obviously no way.

flappist
20th October 2014, 01:03 PM
If it was me and the Mrs only, or just me I would. If it included the kids obviously no way.

How old are the kids and how many?

If the kids require seats you are screwed with most rental models anyway.
Also this could be an excuse to put the kids out on agistment to give you a break :)

VZTRT
20th October 2014, 01:04 PM
Depends on how much luggage and people I have.

If the missus and me with one suitcase or overnight bag then I would consider it. If like other times I have gone with 4 people and plenty of luggage then no as it wouldn't be like the Falcons I've rented as I would need space. Seeing as I rented one in the states a while back two people with two suitcases and a couple of bags pretty much rules out more then two people in the car.

Paxton
20th October 2014, 01:07 PM
Where is the option for I rented one when I was in Hawaii. Only a Hairdressers version though (V6).

Road_Warrior
20th October 2014, 01:14 PM
How old are the kids and how many?

If the kids require seats you are screwed with most rental models anyway.
Also this could be an excuse to put the kids out on agistment to give you a break :)

3 1/2 and about 15 months. If we traveled we'd probably take our car seats with us as hold luggage.

Road_Warrior
20th October 2014, 01:17 PM
We're kind of limited with who we could dump our kids with for anything longer than an overnight stay because everyone either works, is too far away, don't know well enough or wouldn't be able to cope!

Can you edit the poll to add another option "would rent if travelling alone/2 up?"

HSE2
20th October 2014, 02:20 PM
I would have voted yes to see what it was like and yes if as a package could accommodate my needs on the particular trip.

If for example only two of us were going to Bathurst next year I would be keen to rent the mustang. Three or four up, no way. It just wouldn't be as enjoyable with luggage on your knees.

defective
20th October 2014, 04:34 PM
Only if they have a LPG wagon version.

Falc'man
20th October 2014, 05:21 PM
I simply will not drive anything with power up windows.

4Vman
20th October 2014, 05:22 PM
I simply will not drive anything with power up windows.

Nice to see another committed lifetime Falcon driver...!!!

Falc'man
20th October 2014, 05:39 PM
Nice to see another committed lifetime Falcon driver...!!!

Unlike some people at least I'll be waiting till it's gone.

4Vman
20th October 2014, 05:40 PM
Unlike some people at least I'll be waiting till it's gone.

Well played.

HSE2
20th October 2014, 05:49 PM
Its the only thing i have asked for and its just on loop replay. Up and down up and down.

I again asked Nick to fix the mustang interior and he again refused.

You will be pleased to know i have moved on and will settle for a 290-310 kw xr6 t.
Lets see you make fun of that.

I would definitely do a road trip in a rental mustang by myself.

Hopefully someone does do rentals

Falc'man
20th October 2014, 08:19 PM
Hopefully you haven't forgotten how the Z handles Tony because I'd like your opinion on how this compares.

flappist
20th October 2014, 08:57 PM
Hopefully you haven't forgotten how the Z handles Tony because I'd like your opinion on how this compares.

Yep I have my "test roads" and often try different vehicles on them......

Franco Cozzo
20th October 2014, 11:19 PM
Wheres the option for under 25, look 15 and no one will rent cars to me lol.

If I was at an age where a company would chuck me the keys to their Mustang for the day I'd give it a crack, turbo 4 doesn't worry me at all, would prefer manual though.

VZTRT
21st October 2014, 07:05 AM
Only if they have a LPG wagon version.

You forgot V10TT and AWD

FGX335
21st October 2014, 07:14 AM
When I hire a car like this, I want the full effect. When we went to Hawaii in 2012, we hired a Camaro SS Convertible, and that was awesome. I really enjoyed that holiday, even though I was driving a GM car. If they had the Stang with the V8, then I would be all over it.

FTe217
21st October 2014, 12:35 PM
I'll hire one out for the heck of it - would only travel with 2 3's a crowd :)

flappist
21st October 2014, 01:07 PM
When I hire a car like this, I want the full effect. When we went to Hawaii in 2012, we hired a Camaro SS Convertible, and that was awesome. I really enjoyed that holiday, even though I was driving a GM car. If they had the Stang with the V8, then I would be all over it.

Plenty of places to do this right now in Australia.
http://www.sportscarrentalsonline.com.au/

Franco Cozzo
21st October 2014, 05:23 PM
Plenty of places to do this right now in Australia.
http://www.sportscarrentalsonline.com.au/

$3800 a day for a Lamborghini Aventador with a $35K bond required, minimum age 30 lol.

Falc'man
21st October 2014, 07:36 PM
Group lease? We'll let you sit in the driver's seat Damo... without the keys.

Road_Warrior
21st October 2014, 07:48 PM

Ouch.

Falc'man
21st October 2014, 07:58 PM
Ouch.

Are you over 30?

Franco Cozzo
22nd October 2014, 09:14 AM

You sit in the driver seat and work the pedals, I'll steer from the passenger side, problem solved.

TS50
22nd October 2014, 09:41 AM
You sit in the driver seat and work the pedals, I'll steer from the passenger side, problem solved.

at least you didn't want to sit on his lap to drive