PDA

View Full Version : "Sold" another one...!

4Vman
9th March 2012, 07:00 PM
One of my players was looking for a new car, i overheard her telling the other girls about it, new cruize is what she was looking for, i interject, why cruize? "Well they're Australian.." as you can imagine i start tuning out preparing my reply.... I say "have you looked at the Ford Focus..??", she replied "Na.. my uncles a mechanic, he said Fords are unreliable and expensive to fix"..... Well steams coming out of my ears by now, i tell her "Bullshit, go look at 1 and DONT buy till you atleast try..".

Fast forward 2 weeks to last night guess who rolls up to training in her brand new Ford Focus!!!!!!! She says "Norm im so glad i took your advice, they did a great deal and i couldn't be happier with it"!!!

Another happy NEW Ford customer who was absolutely headed elsewhere until i interfered.... That's 3 ive had a direct hand in so far in the past 12 months.... I CANT emphasise enough how important word of mouth is in selling cars, SPREAD THE WORD People!!!! We need to overcome some rediculous assumptions about the brand that seem pretty constant...

galaxy xr8
9th March 2012, 07:30 PM
Great work Norm, keep it up.

4Vman
9th March 2012, 07:42 PM
Was gonna buy my missus a Fiesta in August :)

Maybe budget will stretch to a Zetec Focus .. I may need to talk to you for a good price sailor boy ...
Cool!! stay tuned for some big developments on the members benefits front soon!!!! ;-)

Adrenaline
9th March 2012, 07:57 PM
"he said Fords are unreliable and expensive to fix"

It irks me when people summarise whole brands with one-liners like that, I find it's usually from those who have absolutely no knowledge/interest in cars. Interesting that it came from the mouth of a mechanic who should know better.

galaxy xr8
9th March 2012, 08:13 PM
Cool!! stay tuned for some big developments on the members benefits front soon!!!! ;-)

What like !!! Ford employee discount for us member's, lol.. I'm up for a Titanuim Territory very shortly Norm.;)

HSE2
9th March 2012, 08:18 PM
Those with facebook access check out our latest status update!

4Vman
9th March 2012, 08:19 PM
What like !!! Ford employee discount for us member's, lol.. I'm up for a Titanuim Territory very shortly Norm.;)
Have you been reading my mind???!!!

galaxy xr8
9th March 2012, 08:36 PM
Have you been reading my mind???!!!

Well I'll have a Territory Titanium AWD in Havana thank's..... No make that Chill........Hmmmmm nah on 2n'd thought Havana......oh shit. I don't know just one of them please.

TS50
9th March 2012, 08:59 PM
Well done Norm
does it not piss you off tho "Cruze. Well they are Australian"
bugger me GMH have done a great job brainwashing
Mind you, with the amount of dollars us tax payers have put into the Cruze, they are pretty Australian

Focus is the better choice, drive them both, there is no comparison
but god the marketing that GM do

4Vman
9th March 2012, 09:06 PM
Guys, seriously, the thing that pisses me off the most is the ANTI Ford sentiment, and when you push them on why they cant really explain it, so wishy washy.. "my uncle said".... "at school"..... "weve allways bought ......", "ive allways thought"......

Ive even fought with the wife of a Ford mgr, "i i just dont like them, i dont know why"..... Holden get such a free kick its rediculous.

Im convinced there's nothing wrong with the product or service, its IMAGE that is holding Ford back in Australia.

Falc'man
9th March 2012, 09:45 PM
Too good, Norm, too good. That is what I call passion for the brand!

Perko
12th March 2012, 12:02 PM
I have been looking at buying 2 Rangers for a few weeks now. Very hard getting what I need from one dealer and the response/service from many has been disappointing. I was about to sign on the dotted line today for 2 BT50's BUT I have decided to ring another 6 Ford dealers this morning and get quotes. Most have been really good. I will keep you all in the loop.

By the way I am chasing 1 XL 3.2 4X4 Cab Chassis and a XLT 4X4 Dual cab. Both either white or silver. Transmission not worried. Have to be ready by first week of April. So if you know of a dealer that can supply in that timeframe. Then feel free to let me know.

HSE2
12th March 2012, 12:04 PM
Norm NORM. Price check Isle Ford please!!!!

4Vman
12th March 2012, 12:08 PM
Must get down and get this sorted, ill make a call tomorrow and see what i can organise.

Perko
12th March 2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys. Look forward to see what I can get. Must admit much better today from the dealers I have contacted. Hopefully will still get in a blue oval!

Perko
12th March 2012, 01:56 PM

If there is a decent discount on new Fords/FPV's then keep us in the loop. Might have to put that cam upgrade on hold. FG2 XR6T or GS would look pretty tasty....

galaxy xr8
12th March 2012, 03:56 PM
Yes Norm, keen to hear what kind of discount can be had,;)

Perko
12th March 2012, 04:47 PM
Must get down and get this sorted, ill make a call tomorrow and see what i can organise.

Thanks mate. I now have a few quotes in and a few more yet to come. Please let me know what you can do as I need to make a decision in the next few days.

4Vman
12th March 2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks mate. I now have a few quotes in and a few more yet to come. Please let me know what you can do as I need to make a decision in the next few days.
Done! Can't promise too much at this stage but I'll do my best! It's a pity you need then so quickly.

Perko
12th March 2012, 04:59 PM
Done! Can't promise too much at this stage but I'll do my best! It's a pity you need then so quickly.

Thanks again. The business decision came up pretty quickly. First set of jobs start in first week of April but I have been trying to get quotes for about 3 weeks now. Till today it has been hard work dealing with Ford. A shame really as the Ranger and the BT50 are the only two vehicles that meet our criteria. Mazda have been really good and have the cars ready. However the forum has convinced me to give the Blue Oval one last chance. Hopefully it will come through.

galaxy xr8
12th March 2012, 05:30 PM
. However the forum has convinced me to give the Blue Oval one last chance. Hopefully it will come through.

Come on Norm, do you magic, give this man reassurance in the Blue oval again.

TS50
12th March 2012, 08:25 PM
Toyota are about to get kicked out of the mining portfolio.. All vehicles on BMA sites need to have a 5 star safety rating .. bring on the Ranger is all i can say !!

Toyota's dont have a 5 star safety rating???
Bring on the Ranger, lets kick ass

Perko
12th March 2012, 09:02 PM
And that's why I can't get mine!

Perko
14th March 2012, 06:30 PM
Just though I'd give an update. The hunt for Rangers continue. No one dealer has both the vehicles I need. So I am looking at splitting the vehicles between 2 dealers. This is a royal pain in the arse to get quotes and organise! Thanks Norm for putting me onto Etheridge Ford. They have been good and have quoted on one car. My other director thinks I am nuts when the local Mazda dealer has 2 BT50's ready to go now. But at this stage I am trying to stick it out. Just need the banks to give me the OK. I am trying guys but geez, Ford make it so hard to do business sometimes.

Falc'man
14th March 2012, 06:50 PM
Good stuff mate, I hope your perseverance pays off.

Perko
21st March 2012, 11:41 AM
Well it looks like the perseverance has paid off. Thanks to Q Ford in Brissy they have sourced a dual cab and single cab. One white and the other silver. But if I sign in the next day or so then they will try to trade for a white one. The service has been good with these guys and the pricing very good as well. So hopefully in 3-4 weeks my new company will be driving two brand spanking new Rangers. Feels good.

HSE2
21st March 2012, 12:03 PM
This is great news.

galaxy xr8
21st March 2012, 12:17 PM
Yes that's good to hear.

Falc'man
21st March 2012, 06:56 PM
Onya Perko.

Perko
21st March 2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys. Pretty happy with the result. Will post pics of the finished beasts once they are delivered and kitted out!

dash gt
21st March 2012, 08:55 PM
Have Q Ford done the deal?

Do they have the cars in stock ready to go? or have they told you they will have them in 4 weeks.

Without reading the thread what spec do you need?

Just bought 3 Fiestas for one of the guys I work for today.. So I am doing my bit for Ford... Wonder what Salem from Etheridge will give me!

Perko
21st March 2012, 10:00 PM
Have Q Ford done the deal?

Do they have the cars in stock ready to go? or have they told you they will have them in 4 weeks.

Without reading the thread what spec do you need?

Just bought 3 Fiestas for one of the guys I work for today.. So I am doing my bit for Ford... Wonder what Salem from Etheridge will give me!

Yes mate deal is done. They have the stock on the floor and I am just waiting for the accountant to sign off on the order either this arvo or first thing tomorrow morning. Once this is done they start manufacturing the tray on the single cab. This should take about 3 weeks. Then the utes are off to ARB for their extras. Then back to Toowoomba for some signage and more extras. Then in my hands!!

I needed two Rangers. One XL single cab or extracab and a XLT dual cab. Both were fitted with a number of ARB and work related extras. Q Ford got back to me consistently, came to the party with pricing and could supply both vehicles. Etheridge Ford were very good but could only supply one vehicle and this was the case with many of the other dealers. However some dealers just didn't even return calls, submit pricing, or answer emails. Found this pretty frustrating. But if I am being honest the best service I got was from the local Mazda dealer. The only reasons why I did not go to them was because of the looks of the BT50 and I wanted a Ford.

But in the end happy I have secured two Rangers and I am confident that Q Ford will have everything sorted.

dash gt
22nd March 2012, 10:25 AM
Thats good news then!

Cant wait for pics!

Perko
27th May 2012, 11:54 PM
Sorry guys it took a while. Long story cut short. Bank screwed me around so I was only able to get one Ranger for now. After much discussion I decided to support the local Ford dealer. As a local business in Goondiwindi it is important politically for this to happen. Q Ford were brilliant and I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

So I have got a single cab XL Ranger for my employee. And I keep my 3 1/2 year old Toyota Hilux. :p Can't really complain as it is a SR5 dual cab and still runs great. My employee is a Ford fan so needless to say he was absolutely wrapped when he got the ute on Friday.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx247/perko73/XR8%20Ute/462730_440734542606058_406965202649659_1729319_289 128035_o001.jpg

A few other businesses have seen our ute and apparently the local Ford dealer has suddenly had orders come in. Hit him up for a spotters fee for when I get my XLT dual cab at the end of the year! ;). I will post progress on how it is working out and the punishment we put it through in Planet Perko. Now I just have to wait another seven months for mine.....

ToCo
28th May 2012, 05:04 PM
Thats brilliant Perko, well done for sticking it out, must have been tough. You know you did the right thing in the end :p

FTe217
23rd July 2012, 12:47 PM
Well I'm happy having led a brother inlaw back into a Ford company car.
He had the first model terri long ago once lease was due for change went into the mazda CX7 - he likes soft roaders and had trouble deciding what next so he came over for a discussion.
He wanted an A3 but over his budget so what next ? CX5,fugly,CX7 too big, no toyotas he liked and forget subaru honda etc didn't have what he liked, I suggested checking Jeep having one myself but after he went to look too expensive not knowing the model he liked so I suggested looking at the Kuga and he said lets jump up to Garlicks for a look see, they didn't have a Titanium but the model down, he liked but commented the dash was looking dated compared to the later offerings so I mentioned knowing his budget why not consider a G6ET that by the way Garlicks had a white demo for a very good price - if I recall correctly $42k !
Importantly he had a look and thought not bad - I said its right up your ally why do you need a soft roader !
Got a sms over the weekend "bought the Falcon !" I asked the white one ? "no got a dark grey charcoal one" - I'm there thinking WTF and which model so " Is it a G6ET ? " - "thats the one he replies"......he wouldn't have a clue tbh LOL.....at least he's in a Ford

Falc'man
23rd July 2012, 01:28 PM
Good on you Maurie. He'll get a clue when he floors it.

FTe217
23rd July 2012, 02:14 PM
hehe - very true !
I'm looking forward to seeing it and give her a bootfull myself with him in the passenger seat ! LOL.

Elks
23rd July 2012, 03:59 PM
Well done M. And an Aussie built one too. :D

galaxy xr8
23rd July 2012, 04:25 PM
Good new's Maurie, now tell him to go and take all his mates for a drive in it and get some more sales.

Elks
23rd July 2012, 08:00 PM
Good new's Maurie, now tell him to go and take all his mates for a drive in it and get some more sales.

G6E Turbo. Takes some mates and step on it and watch them be amazed.

Paxton
23rd July 2012, 08:15 PM
G6E Turbo. Takes some mates and step on it and watch them be amazed.

When I drove one, the first word out of my mouth was Fuck. It took me until I got out of the car to get my thinking straight and annunciate what I thought of the car. I still want one, but can't afford one yet.

Road_Warrior
23rd July 2012, 08:52 PM
When I drove one, the first word out of my mouth was Fuck. It took me until I got out of the car to get my thinking straight and annunciate what I thought of the car. I still want one, but can't afford one yet.

This. I've still yet to have the privelige of driving one.

galaxy xr8
23rd July 2012, 09:17 PM
The closest I have been to a G6ET is when it was on display for the 1'st time at the Melb motor show, I was extremely impressed with the interior and the vehicle overall.
I could only imagine how they drove.

FTe217
23rd July 2012, 10:59 PM
Well done M. And an Aussie built one too. :D
Exactly Tony, far happier helping an Aussie built unit.

Your right fellas I agree G6ET is an absolute gem of a Falcon !
Had me won over first seeing one, have driven a few Foons but looking forward to give this pup a go once he picks it up.
With cx7 trade and fleet $50k Jan build.

VZTRT
25th July 2012, 12:15 AM
Missus looks to have got her supervisor to go for a Terri as his next salary sacrifice car. Has a Hyundai soft roader now but because some features were taken out in the new model it was no longer an option. She suggested it after no one even thought of it, so he went for a test drive and looks to be setting up a deal to buy one.

galaxy xr8
25th July 2012, 05:16 PM
Missus looks to have got her supervisor to go for a Terri as his next salary sacrifice car. Has a Hyundai soft roader now but because some features were taken out in the new model it was no longer an option. She suggested it after no one even thought of it, so he went for a test drive and looks to be setting up a deal to buy one.

Good stuff.

Road_Warrior
30th July 2012, 03:44 PM
Steered my boss towards a brand new Fiesta instead of a new Kia Rio. He was all set to get a Rio for his Mrs until I jumped on the net and pointed out to him that the new Rio doesnt get the 6 speed auto unless you get the high series sedan :confused:

So he's going for one of the drive away deals that are current at the moment :D

FTe217
30th July 2012, 09:38 PM
On you guys its the best we can do.

FTe217
1st August 2012, 11:14 AM
I had the pleasure driving the bro inlaws new G6ET last night.
Picked it up on Sunday and when I got behind the wheel had 340k's - nice and fresh !
I didn't have to be convinced G6ET as I have posted is a a brilliant Ford - comparing back to any pre model Fairmont Ghia's this is without a doubt a Aussie Euro premium large sedan - I compare this to a 5series Bimeer imo and its entry 520i starting at $77k his $50k fleet purchase is a no brainer if only the "badge" buyers tested these pupps out !
Even with the factory alloys I'm very impressed by the smooth ride - steering response is damn good and the handling I could live with this very much being a sports orientated driver.
As we know put the pedal down and its away we GO !
Seats are comfy and keep you in well and the dash, instrumentation is bloody noice !
So enjoy the ride brother inlaw I know he's mighty impressed and his work colleauges commented how damn nice she looks as well so thats good for they may even consider the Ford come update time. now.

ToCo
1st August 2012, 06:52 PM
My Boss is looking at purchasing a new 4x4 and I have been pushing him to try the new Ranger, he went and tried one the other day and wasn't too impressed with the ride of it, he is coming from a SS Sportswagon so the ride/handling will be worse as I explained to him. I will continue to hound him, hopefully get another purchase!

TICK4D-TAS
1st August 2012, 08:31 PM
Through my work, i have managed to talk a tech into a fiesta ztech for his wife, and my boss bought a run out wildtrak ranger. Still sales for Ford.

defective
4th August 2012, 07:39 PM
did my bit today. was heading to the movies when i saw a guy on the side of the road in a bf ute with the bonnet up
i stopped to see if he needed a hand, turned out he stopped to answer a call, turned the ute off and it wouldnt start, then his cell went flat lol. so i let him call racq with my cell and had a chat to him.

turned out it was a factory egas one and hes had nothing but grief with it, was ready to trade it in on a diesel jap ute. so i asked him if he knew about the new ecolpi's. he had heard of them but thought it was just the old set up with a new name. told him just how good they were, now hes gonna check them out. hopefully he buys one.

Falc'man
5th August 2012, 03:08 AM
That was nice of you.