4th December 2013, 06:23 AM
Aluminum Front Fenders
200 lb. weight loss
15" Rotors on GT
Selective Drive Modes
Standard Keyless Start
Date Recording App.

More Detail:

• 200-pound weight reduction over the outgoing Mustang, thanks in part to aluminum front fenders
• Two GT Performance Packs, one for the 2.3 Ecoboost and another for the 5.0 V8, includes limited-slip diff; V8 PP cars get 15-inch Brembos with six-pot calipers
• Ford says GT PP faster on track than 2012 Boss
• Standard keyless entry, meaning all cars get a proximity key
• At least some versions have MyFord Touch, but with physical knobs and buttons for HVAC functions
• 10% of production is expected to end up overseas, but Canada will remain second largest market for it

According to another source:

• The wheelbase is the same as the 2014 model (107.1 inches) and the overall length is nearly identical.
• The front track is the also the same as the 2014, but the rear track is 2 inches wider at 64.9 inches.
• The overall height of the new car is about 1.5 inches shorter and the overall width of the car is about 1.5 inches wider.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/579314_665480163473421_880499556_n.jpg

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2257&stc=1&d=1386097343

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2270&d=1386113305

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2264&d=1386106126

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/2/0/2015_ford_mustang_leaked_03-1204-m:610x450.jpg

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2256&d=1386095148

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2258&stc=1&d=1386097343

http://cdn4.leftlanenews.com/photos/content/december2013/thumbnailsnew/mustang-leak-6_653.jpg

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2006&d=1383716710

HSE2
4th December 2013, 06:46 AM
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/57796/2014-ford-mustang-revealed-as-embargo-breaks-overseas

HSE2
4th December 2013, 06:46 AM
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/2/0/2015_ford_mustang_leaked_02-1204-460x272.jpg

HSE2
4th December 2013, 06:47 AM
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/2/0/2015_ford_mustang_leaked_04-1204-460x272.jpg

HSE2
4th December 2013, 06:48 AM
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/2/0/2015_ford_mustang_leaked_03-1204-m:610x450.jpg

VZTRT
4th December 2013, 07:04 AM
Not sure in all serious.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 07:06 AM
Not sure in all serious.

Best approach on low quality low res shots. 90 kgs lighter but it is smaller. You aren't going to enjoy that back seat if it even has one.

Much better rims would make a huge difference but I suspect the first reaction will be one of horror for many fans of the brand.

WASP
4th December 2013, 07:12 AM
It's a case of more Ford and less Mustang. First impression isn't the best but I will reserve my judgement until tomorrow

VZTRT
4th December 2013, 07:15 AM
Best approach on low quality low res shots. 90 kgs lighter but it is smaller. You aren't going to enjoy that back seat if it even has one.

Smaller then the current one? Well that's pretty much pushed me out of ever owning one.

4Vman
4th December 2013, 07:24 AM
Reserving judgement......

First impressions is it looks smaller and 370ish/65 fastbackish..

Where are the Ford badges?

GavL
4th December 2013, 07:43 AM
I don't mind it, I think that because the photos are photos of a picture it has distorted the real shape of it - it's especially obvious in the first picture with the angle of the rear wheel and quarter.

WASP
4th December 2013, 08:16 AM
I actually love the rear. It's the front that has me a little concerned. By no means is this thing going to turn out ugly. It's just not as handsome and purposeful as I thought it would be based on these images.

Road_Warrior
4th December 2013, 08:22 AM
I don't mind it, I think that because the photos are photos of a picture it has distorted the real shape of it - it's especially obvious in the first picture with the angle of the rear wheel and quarter.

This. Although that rear splitter looks horrid, I hope they all aren't colour coded like that.

4Vman
4th December 2013, 08:25 AM
The rear looks interesting.. Want to see one in the flesh first. Being smaller though should really help performance, it certainly wont be lacking any power for a mid sized coupe.

FTe217
4th December 2013, 08:36 AM
In the flesh we will know - I'm with Colville that back end does look pretty good imo, front pic angle just isn't flattering at all and the tire width looks to narrow, did they copy SV6 wheel design !

MisterAU
4th December 2013, 08:37 AM
Generally about what I expected to see - a lot of "Ford" with a "Mustang" twist. I guess the "lighter and smaller" is to achieve the fuel ratings required while keeping some performance on hand. I don't mind the rear at all - a lot of Mustang in it. The front is just Ford. The side has too high a waistline and too small a glass area - makes it look pushed up and not at all sleek and sexy.

4Vman
4th December 2013, 08:38 AM
Isnt the front very close to what FH Falcon will look like?

prydey
4th December 2013, 08:40 AM
is it just me, or does the rear shot have a bit of the old ferrari f40 look about it? (post #4)

the front 3/4 render in the first post looks like poo. obviously doesn't help that the pic is all distorted.

4Vman
4th December 2013, 08:42 AM
is it just me, or does the rear shot have a bit of the old ferrari f40 look about it? (post #4)

the front 3/4 render in the first post looks like poo. obviously doesn't help that the pic is all distorted.
It has some "Ferrariesque" cues to it too, no doubt. ferrari 340 modena?

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 08:57 AM
My favourite angle so far (maybe because it's blurry :p ). Everything about this car from the A-pillars back is very good, and I agree on the rear's resemblance to Ferrari.

Not happy with the front so far.

Randel
4th December 2013, 09:16 AM

Yep, first thoughts with that pic - the roof line reminds me of audi tt roadster - yuk

4Vman
4th December 2013, 09:19 AM
My favourite angle so far (maybe because it's blurry :p ). Everything about this car from the A-pillars back is very good, and I agree on the rear's resemblance to Ferrari.

It really is going to rely heavily on how it looks in the flesh, there are aspects of it in the pictures that are pleasing and others that.. well...

Road_Warrior
4th December 2013, 10:19 AM
I think overall the exterior looks nice, and it will sell very well. But I've just seen a pic of the dash/centre stack and it looks retarded; you thought the VF interior was busy? Think again!

http://cdn4.leftlanenews.com/photos/content/december2013/thumbnailsnew/mustang-leak-6_653.jpg

4Vman
4th December 2013, 10:25 AM
I think overall the exterior looks nice, and it will sell very well. But I've just seen a pic of the dash/centre stack and it looks retarded; you thought the VF interior was busy? Think again!

Not sure if serious?

FTe217
4th December 2013, 11:04 AM
Obviously the expected launch/unveil or whatever you wish to call it naturally would be using a number of the test mules that have been followed and pics taken of the last 6mths or so, there could be not just 1 dash layout but 4 ? as we could all guess I suppose.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 11:14 AM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2256&d=1386095148

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2257&stc=1&d=1386097343

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2258&stc=1&d=1386097343

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 11:15 AM
Norm, yes it's the interior.

Aluminum Front Fenders
200 lb. weight loss
15" Rotors on GT
Selective Drive Modes
Standard Keyless Start
Date Recording App.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 11:16 AM
By the way these shots are of the V6 model.

flappist
4th December 2013, 11:28 AM
It is a bit amusing that the "yank" styling is described as pure class in the 300 SRT yet fugly++ in the Mustang......

HSE2
4th December 2013, 11:28 AM

Mine too. I think 911 from this shot but I am with Dave on the interior.

If you allow for the crap photos for which I am very sorry for Ford there is more than a little Aston Jag and 911 in this 3/4 rear. Add in some decent rims and not those BA GT knock offs and its got some potential.

The interior design and lay out for me remains my concern. Your new pic Youssef shows the front in a better light for sure.

They have picked the smallest and by the looks of it, most compromised rear accommodation as the model to go global. Its an interesting move. At a time when Ford appear to be asking Australians to accept, in part, this sort of package I for one cant wait to see what they have to say.

Kind of glade I don't have to sit up tomorrow though.

Drop it, new rims, it will look fine for a Mustang.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 11:34 AM
It is a bit amusing that the "yank" styling is described as pure class in the 300 SRT yet fugly++ in the Mustang......

Who in their right mind would consider the 300srt8 as pure class? Functional yes acceptable yes beautiful not in a month of Sundays. Perhaps they mean classic American. Then yes I agree with that. This is classic American too.

4Vman
4th December 2013, 11:42 AM

Looks nothing like the SRT interior. Never heard the SRT being described as pure class either!! LOL

Perko
4th December 2013, 11:50 AM
Hhhhmmmmm. I think I will reserve my judgement for official pics tomorrow. Maybe they will be better. Interior looks way too fussy for my liking. I am also not sure on the proportions overall. The roofline just doesn't look right. I assume that they are all the same car but the white example probably looks the best. I am no designer but the lines just don't seem to flow. To me it was like the front, rear, and roofline were all designed separately then pasted together.

As I said, maybe tomorrow the pics will look better.

prydey
4th December 2013, 12:09 PM
is the interior meant to cling to the old style as well? sometimes trying to blend the retro with modern doesn't quite work. i think they did a pretty good job of it with the 2012 mustang gt500 but now i think trying to incorporate traditional styling cues in to the modern car is working against them, inside and outside. you can see what they are trying to do. hopefully the actual result looks better than these hazy renditions/photos.

VZTRT
4th December 2013, 12:19 PM
Who in their right mind would consider the 300srt8 as pure class? Functional yes acceptable yes beautiful not in a month of Sundays. Perhaps they mean classic American. Then yes I agree with that. This is classic American too.

I'd say classic modern American...you know like the early 90's Taurus..or the Aztec.

lol at the 300C is pure class...maybe if your cousin is your wife.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 12:25 PM
is the interior meant to cling to the old style as well? sometimes trying to blend the retro with modern doesn't quite work. i think they did a pretty good job of it with the 2012 mustang gt500 but now i think trying to incorporate traditional styling cues in to the modern car is working against them, inside and outside. you can see what they are trying to do. hopefully the actual result looks better than these hazy renditions/photos.

This was my issue day one. I am sure that's what they are aiming for and I am sure that's what is demanded of the faithful. It just looks old to me and as someone who just isn't going to embrace this car easily I needed to see very very modern with high quality execution and material. I can see some historic value in it but I can also see elements from other cars that are about 10 years old.

Give me our FG2 interior over this in design. Execution and quality will have to wait till I see one. I wanted this to be a very nice place to spend some time. I feel like that with my FG2 XR6 lux pack.

Maybe there are two interiors. One for the US and one for the real world. Sorry meant rest of the world. ;)

flappist
4th December 2013, 12:31 PM
I'd say classic modern American...you know like the early 90's Taurus..or the Aztec.

lol at the 300C is pure class...maybe if your cousin is your wife.

Absolutely agree. Yanks have a very strange idea of what a "good" interior should be and I suspect they try to make it different from asian/euro on purpose.
The 300SRT "classy" comments came from "ford haters central" and I suspect were mostly sycophantism to the moron king.

galaxy xr8
4th December 2013, 12:36 PM
As I am not a future customer for the Mustang I will reserve my full judgement of it until I have seen it in the flesh but from those pic's I am even more so disheartened that we are going global and Falcon is leaving us.
Every passing day seem's to be a little more of my loyalty / love for the brand has faded away, I do wish them well but I'm afraid I feel they will struggle with their decision or chosen path but what would I know, I'm only a Aussie Ford/Falcon fan or should I say was !!!.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 12:38 PM
There isn't anything really wrong with this car. I am not up with how the American faithful will react, some on FB are giving Ford a hard time, but like Colville things like the rear I thought I wouldn't like, I actually don't mind now especially 3/4 rear. Wheels and stance the leaked version doesn't have them. I don't know why car companies continue to do this sort of thing.

You create work undoing first impressions and I realise this is a stuff up designed to maybe hurt Ford, but these so called studio photos, get a group of people in with Iphones and get them to take some pics and pick the best ones. I bet they will capture the car in a better frame than these so called professional.

I want to see this car on different rims. Not sure I can get over the interior design. It would have been real nice if we had the money to do a new interior for the last falcon, just to see where that deign would have ended up.

I think people going with the hate line are going early on this as is nearly tradition.

The two Mustangs together, Youssefs first picture I think is the one people should have seen first.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 12:53 PM
Well, it almost made it. The first official photos of the new Ford Mustang have spread like wildfire on the internet overnight after a US magazine published them 48 hours before they were due to be released.

Motoring news

Ford's global Mustang reveal -- a simultaneous unveiling in five countries including Australia, China, Spain and the US -- is now likely to lose its impact and the world's motoring press, many of whom were given early access to material, are debating whether or not to publish as well.

News Corp Australia was among a group of media shown the new Mustang at a secret viewing at Ford's design headquarters in Detroit in October. For now, we've elected to hold final details until the embargo lifts at 4pm Thursday December 4 Sydney time, coinciding with the local event.

But we can tell you what we've reported before we went into Ford's secret den. The new Ford Mustang will be available with four cylinder turbo or V8 power and is due on sale in Australia in late 2015, priced from about $45,000.

It is the first right-hand-drive Mustang made on a Ford mass-production line. Mustangs sold in Australia in the 1960s and early 2000s were converted to right-hand-drive locally.

Already the world's motoring press are asking if the new, sixth generation Mustang has the same design sizzle as the hugely successful model on sale in the US currently, whose design was inspired by the classic 1968 model.

The new Mustang appears to have carried the 1968 theme, but with a more modern and sleek appearance. In this week's issue of Autoweek Magazine USA, which leaked the Mustang images early, the headline asks "Is It All You Hoped It Would Be?".

Have your say in our comments section below, and visit our dedicated Ford Mustang hub for more information, background, fun Mustang ads from the past and the awesome Ford Mustang remote-controlled chase video.

This reporter is on Twitter: @JoshuaDowling

HSE2
4th December 2013, 12:56 PM
The horse has bolted. Photos of the 2015 Ford Mustang have leaked 36 hours ahead of the car's unveiling in a synchronised global debut in six centres around the world.

Motoring news

The images are in the form of page spreads from Autoweek magazine, courtesy of a SVT Performance Forum posting, and show the Mustang from all angles, giving a clear look at the car we'll get here before the endo of 2015, to replace the Falcon as a hero for the local Ford line-up.

The spreads have text on the pages, but it's largely unreadable, except a small area that appears to confirm the coming Mustang is 90kg lighter than the current model.

The engine line-up hasn't yet been confirmed but is expected to include a choice of V8, V6 and turbo four-cylinder units -- although we won't know which of those we'll get in Australia until the official reveal on Thursday night.

It's also too early to get confirmation of prices, although Ford is said to be aiming under the $50,000 level for the base model. Stay tuned for more details -- and possibly more leaks. And visit our dedicated Ford Mustang hub for more information, background, fun Mustang ads from the past and the awesome Ford Mustang remote-controlled chase video.

This reporter is on Twitter: @KarlaPincott

HSE2
4th December 2013, 12:58 PM
It’s pretty much guaranteed these days that any greatly-anticipated new car will leak online before the day it’s supposed to debut. It’s happened more times than we can count—and it’s happened with the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang.

These first pictures of the 2015 Ford Mustang come from a leaked early copy of Autoweek magazine that surfaced on Ford Mustang forum Mustang6g.com, then made their way onto Jalopnik. As you can see, those early renderings of the car were pretty spot-on. The new 2015 Ford Mustang has a bold new look that’s both all-American and solidly modern—not much of the retro styling remains. It’s sloped, sleek, and sick. The new front end has more than a hint of the Evos Concept car, while the back end reminds us of a modern take on the classic Boss 302 ‘Stangs. The interior looks far nicer than the last car, too.

Details are still sketchy at this point, but from what we’ve seen on the forums, the new 2015 Ford Mustang will be around 200 pounds lighter than the outgoing car, use aluminum front fenders, and offer an available Performance Pack for both the 2.3 liter turbocharger inline-four Mustang and the 5.0-liter V8 Mustang—with the Performance Pack 5.0 V8 2015 Mustang being quicker around the track than the 2012 Boss ‘Stang. Oh, and there’ll be an independent rear suspension.

We’ll bring you all the details and some much better shots of the car when we see it live on Thursday. [Shout-out to Mustang6g.com, Jalopnik!]
http://www.rides-mag.com/news/2013/12/new-2015-ford-mustang-leaks-online/

HSE2
4th December 2013, 01:04 PM
We would have to imagine that Ford knew it couldn't keep its 2015 Mustang under wraps for too long, and with only days to go before the pony car's official unveiling, the dam seems to be cracking. SVTPerformance.com member Screamin 40th just posted some images taken of the sixth-gen Mustang prominently featured in and on the cover of the December 9 issue of Autoweek magazine.

These images show that recent renderings we saw weren't too far off. The face is just like what we saw in spy shots a few months back, but the rear of the car features some of its more striking cues. Starting with the pronounced haunches and hidden B-pillars, the rear view of the new Mustang might be its best with the ridged, three-bar taillights, a rear diffuser and the lack of a faux gas cap, which allows the galloping pony to be an even more prominent element against the black trim. The images also reveal a small portion of the updated interior carrying over retro themes like the deep-dish steering wheel and dual-gauge instrument cluster, but it also adds some modern tech with a big MyFord Touch display with a clean center stack layout.

No official word on powertrain or other specs, but while we can't make out most of the magazine's text, our eyes did catch the mention of a "2.3 Performance Pack" suggesting that the rumored 2.3-liter, turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder will be available. In terms of performance, the Mustang GT will still offer the 5.0-liter V8, and the article reads that the 2015 GT with the Performance package will actually be faster on the track than the Boss 302. Some other interesting tidbits about the new Mustang are the standard push-button starter, the availability of adaptive cruise control, an independent rear suspension, a 200-pound weight reduction (that at least somewhat will be afforded by using aluminum front fenders) and a wheelbase that measures the same 107.1 inches as the current design.

As the Mustang looks to go global, Ford expects about 10 percent of this car's volume to come from outside the US and Canada, and it appears that the only change for its role in One Ford is that the LED taillights will not be offered with a sequential turn signal outside of North America.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/03/2015-ford-mustang-photos-leaked/

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 01:06 PM

http://media.windingroad.com/autos_db/thumbnails/DSC_2245_JPG_677x1000_q100.jpg

HSE2
4th December 2013, 01:08 PM
interesting comments in most of these articles. Not sure what the definition of clean is but its not mine.

Wheel base is the same so its not really smaller. I think there will be growing consensus that the rear is probably its best angle.

GavL
4th December 2013, 01:09 PM
The gripe with the nose that I think people are having is that it seems to slope quite steeply in the photos. Most likely it's not actually as steep as this, just a trick of lighting.

VZTRT
4th December 2013, 01:10 PM
Looking at the current pic I think the new one is gonna be good looking. Maybe they shouldn't unveil it in Red.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 01:10 PM
The rear track is said to be wider. The glasshouse tapers inwards as it slopes back so they've done no favours for rear head room.

Edit: Still struggling to like the front. Not happy at the moment.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 01:13 PM
$45k for the entry level 2.3 Ecoboost. How much do we add for the V8?

HSE2
4th December 2013, 01:14 PM
The rear track is said to be wider. The glasshouse tapers inwards as it slopes back so they've done no favours for rear head room.

Does it even have a rear seat? It really does look more like a genuine 2 seater with room for the pet in the back.
This has been my issue with the new car. It has looked like the rear accommodation get worse with the first global Mustang. Not sure that's a good move but then they say they are expecting only 10% volume form outside Canada and the US. Surely that cant be right.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 01:15 PM
$45k for the entry level 2.3 Ecoboost. How much do we add for the V8?

Joshua is saying 45k is the V8. I am sticking with Ford wanting to stay in touch with the XR pricing range.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 01:18 PM
Joshua is saying 45k is the V8. I am sticking with Ford wanting to stay in touch with the XR pricing range.He said it starts from $45k?

VZTRT
4th December 2013, 01:20 PM
If its 45k for the 4cyl Stang watch a certain forum go on and on about it....mind you it is overpriced.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 01:22 PM
He said it starts from $45k?

He does too. Depending on options I would have assumed this car needs to cover the 35 - 60 region. If its 45 on road then that's ok, if on road goes on top........

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 01:22 PM
Does it even have a rear seat? It really does look more like a genuine 2 seater with room for the pet in the back.
This has been my issue with the new car. It has looked like the rear accommodation get worse with the first global Mustang. Not sure that's a good move but then they say they are expecting only 10% volume form outside Canada and the US. Surely that cant be right.
Glass half empty/full thing. It's probably going to be as dynamic as Nissan's Z, or any other 2 seater for under $100k, but with the "luxury" of an additional two seats.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 01:29 PM
I have made certain statements where I think the replacement GT500 will sit in this country because I do think this sort of product has been defined by performance in one way or another. Take Kws or 0-100 times you do have to pay x dollars to get that and then that sis justified by saying you don't get European features or quality but you don't pay x times 2.

I think the logic will still follow. Ford will continue to muddy the water with a product that asks the question how much would you pay to get a 11 second car. If SVT take the new car to the next level using exotic materials for brakes suspension and the like that car will be expensive here.

At the other end of the scale I don't see much point in Ford chasing the 30k segment not with a product like this which on first appearance appears to be more challenged accommodation wise than the current car.

I would think Ford would be thinking premium in this country and I think that will mean high specs for all models. I might be wrong. They might want to first establish the market and acceptance and be very aggressive.

Do ARDs require a repeater light in the side guard or mirror?

HSE2
4th December 2013, 01:34 PM
Glass half empty/full thing. It's probably going to be as dynamic as Nissan's Z, or any other 2 seater for under $100k, but with the "luxury" of an additional two seats.

I wouldn't say that is a "glass" situation. Its just a matter of focus. To me it actually makes sense to do a coupe as a two seater and stop compromising on something that is always going to be a challenge. By being more focused on its purpose, by saving weight, you aren't lying to yourself you end up with a better mousetrap which in this case is all about making the best sports car you can.

I would personally opt to remove the seat in favour of more luggage space if such an option was available.

The point I guess I am making here is to those that think Mustang can be related back to Falcon in any way. It cant and this new model is even more on that side. It deserves to be completely removed from that equation and thought process.

Dedicated sports cars, there is and always will be a market for. Being true to that sort of product should and perhaps has been a direction with this new car.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't say that is a "glass" situation. Its just a matter of focus. To me it actually makes sense to do a coupe as a two seater and stop compromising on something that is always going to be a challenge.

That wouldn't be a Mustang. It's always been a 2 + 2 and I'm not sure they'd want to move away from that. Same goes for Porsche. According to Clarkson if you could afford a 911 then it means you have a skinny wife and that means the kids are also skinny so the small back seats are not a problem. lol.

More emphasis on "it's probably going to be as dynamic as a 2 seater". Not saying it's going to be and I'm not saying it's as pure. If it measures up to be then it's a definite bonus having the extra seats no matter how small they are.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 01:59 PM
Better view of the rear diffuser.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2264&d=1386106126

HSE2
4th December 2013, 02:00 PM
And by extrapolation, if Ford have indeed made this a more focused sports/performance model, does it follow that perhaps they have justified it by there being another option somewhere? We can take this design direction because we have this option coming>>>

I haven't been offering this line of thought up as a negative but rather to suggest if there is a reduction in "user friendliness" does it actually point to other things. Has Mustang been freed? Has this direction be made possible by another development that is yet to come?

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 02:03 PM
More random facts here.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2265&stc=1&d=1386107794

GavL
4th December 2013, 02:06 PM
And by extrapolation, if Ford have indeed made this a more focused sports/performance model, does it follow that perhaps they have justified it by there being another option somewhere? We can take this design direction because we have this option coming>>>

I haven't been offering this line of thought up as a negative but rather to suggest if there is a reduction in "user friendliness" does it actually point to other things. Has Mustang been freed? Has this direction be made possible by another development that is yet to come?

That's a good thought. So by limiting the "market" that Mustang has (while also widening it geographically), there is now a checkbox Mustang doesn't meet that can be filled by another model.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 02:13 PM
If it measures up to be then it's a definite bonus having the extra seats no matter how small they are.

I am not saying there shouldn't be a back seat, just saying if there was an option to remove it I would personally take it. Its useless and serves not purpose to me if you are making it small and uncomfortable. I would be embarrassed to ask someone to use that space. In fact I wouldn't. I would rather order them a taxi.

As you say in Clarkson terms the Panamera exists because Porsche know their 911 customers had another car. They wanted that car to be Porsche also.

I am wondering if there isn't something like that happening here.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 02:21 PM
That's a good thought. So by limiting the "market" that Mustang has (while also widening it geographically), there is now a checkbox Mustang doesn't meet that can be filled by another model.

What I have said or rather suggested is if this new car moves in a direction that makes it harder to live with, even by Mustang terms, add to that its global, it further restricts the appeal it has. Is that because Ford intend catering to those customers differently?

I know its completely out there but we have been asking the question will Ford ever make a RWD sedan based off Mustang. For mine if you make Mustang harder to live with, I, we don't know yet that's what they have done, then is it a sign they have been allowed to use this sort of design for another reason. Maybe

If you start designing a coupe with consideration to comfort in the back you compromise the intent of a coupe. So it exists as a compromise. If Ford move that compromise one way or the other, "perhaps" its been allowed for by some other product direction.

The least I am saying is to pay attention to how Ford respond to the media or statements they might make about this particular aspect of design where form has played a greater part over function. Functionality has given way even more so than in the last car as it appears here. Why? When consumers are trending towards product in class that give the greatest level of flexibility it stands that if there is a competing product that offers 10 mm more relief to a bad situation, that will be a problem.

Offering something instead of nothing only works if you are class leading in the nothing; if that makes sense.

I will shut up now.

VZTRT
4th December 2013, 02:26 PM
I am not saying there shouldn't be a back seat, just saying if there was an option to remove it I would personally take it. Its useless and serves not purpose to me if you are making it small and uncomfortable. I would be embarrassed to ask someone to use that space. In fact I wouldn't. I would rather order them a taxi.

Or just drive them in you Falcon.......

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 02:30 PM

Until there are actual comparisons between the two it's hard to say if there's a reduction - we're only going off a few pics. The rear tapers inwards but the track, and I would guess the whole rear, is wider. Maybe.

Not sure if it's more focused sports/performance or just getting with the times. It's a definite improvement over the previous model where it's said the GT is quicker than the Boss 302, in both acceleration and around a circuit. The 90kg saving I'm guessing is for the 4 pot but what is that in comparison to, the 6 or the 8?

HSE2
4th December 2013, 02:32 PM
Or just drive them in you Falcon.......

Well yes there is that. If those dimensions in that back seat are worse than what this car has now, I think that is a very interesting development. It could be as simple as market research has told them certain things. With my wishful thinking hat on perhaps its a sign of other consideration. If you have a standard now, why would you make that worse? This has been my contention for 6 months now. The interior dimensions could be deceiving then this is all speculation for nothing but by coupe standards I would think you would want to be class leading if you are competing against products that offer benefits in such basic considerations. You have the question where exactly is the seat located verses that outside look. Maybe I am over thinking again.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 02:35 PM
What I have said or rather suggested is if this new car moves in a direction that makes it harder to live with, even by Mustang terms, add to that its global, it further restricts the appeal it has. Is that because Ford intend catering to those customers differently?

I know its completely out there but we have been asking the question will Ford ever make a RWD sedan based off Mustang. For mine if you make Mustang harder to live with, I, we don't know yet that's what they have done, then is it a sign they have been allowed to use this sort of design for another reason. Maybe

If you start designing a coupe with consideration to comfort in the back you compromise the intent of a coupe. So it exists as a compromise. If Ford move that compromise one way or the other, "perhaps" its been allowed for by some other product direction.

The least I am saying is to pay attention to how Ford respond to the media or statements they might make about this particular aspect of design where form has played a greater part over function. Functionality has given way even more so than in the last car as it appears here. Why? When consumers are trending towards product in class that give the greatest level of flexibility it stands that if there is a competing product that offers 10 mm more relief to a bad situation, that will be a problem.

Offering something instead of nothing only works if you are class leading in the nothing; if that makes sense.

I will shut up now.

I'm starting to put more feelers out there and at this stage no one knows if anything will come of that. Not even people that work for Ford over there. Don't hold your breath because logic says there's no logic in some of the things we're seeing.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 02:40 PM
Until there are actual comparisons between the two it's hard to say if there's a reduction - we're only going off a few pics. The rear tapers inwards but the track, and I would guess the whole rear, is wider. Maybe.

Yep which is what I am saying. The rake of the rear window makes it "appear" that head room will be at a premium, the shape suggests shoulder room, leg room is likely unchanged. From the exterior this is impossible to judge. These days they achieve miracles in packaging so its just something to watch for. Its not often a new model comes to market taking a backwards step in accommodation and comfort even in the coupe class. As I have said we don't know they have done that yet but from the outside it certainly looks like the potential is there and if so Fords explanation might be a talking point.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 02:45 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2270&d=1386113305

HSE2
4th December 2013, 02:47 PM
Different rims will make such a difference to this car

FTe217
4th December 2013, 02:57 PM
Yes agree regarding the rims - but don't forget if I'm right this is the 6pack you'd think the 8 would have a different design wheel.

4Vman
4th December 2013, 03:00 PM
Different rims will make such a difference to this car

As will 2 more doors and room for 4 adults...

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 03:09 PM
Inside Ford, some executives and designers pushed for a more modern styling for the new Mustang—one that would separate fully from the American retro look and enhance its global appeal.

"There were lots of people within the company that thought we should globalize the design—whatever that is," said Jim Farley, Ford's global marketing chief. Early versions of the Mustang were closer in styling to Ford's Evos concept vehicle, a gull-winged coupe shown in 2011 as a nod to Ford's design future.

Executives periodically review the progress of upcoming vehicles, looking at mock-ups and critiquing them. The Mustang reviews took on a special fervor.

"There are design reviews and then there are Mustang design reviews," Mr. Farley said. "Were there outliers of people that had different points of view? There are in every company."

Moray Callum, Ford's incoming chief designer, said early versions of the car were "softer" and more "sophisticated," but those designs were tossed in favor a more blunt-nosed and threatening looking car.

"It's not subtle," he said. "When we talk to customers about imagery they associate with the car, they come up with a fist coming at you."

Photos of the car leaked on Tuesday gathered diverging views on social media. One person called it a "Fusion Coupe," while others said, "gorgeous."

Ford's research showed that the Mustang name resonated with people around the world, even in markets where the car could only be bought through nontraditional channels. But instead of evoking horsepower and smoking tires, people thought of driving across the American West with their convertible top down, Mr. Farley said.

"It's gotta be brutal but sophisticated at the same time," Mr. Farley said.

Ford has struggled over the years to balance demands from Mustang enthusiasts to conform to the car's classic look and technology with financial pressures to share more parts and engineering with higher-volume cars.

In the late 1980s, Ford ditched plans to create a front-wheel drive Mustang using a modified Mazda 626 chassis. That car instead came out as the Ford Probe after protests from Mustang fan groups. A small team of Ford executives collaborated to salvage the rear-wheel drive Mustang for the 1990s.

"The big thing is the styling. Fans want to keep the styling so that it at least looked like a Mustang," said Mike Rey, president of the Mustang Owners Club of Southeast Michigan, the largest of 300 clubs around the world. Early renderings of the new Mustang showed a car that Mr. Rey and his club members felt looked too much like a Jaguar.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...36583127625634

4Vman
4th December 2013, 03:21 PM
Those execs should have been listened to, if it's going to be a truely global product it needed to lose its retro American styling, especially the interior.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 03:22 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2006&d=1383716710

HSE2
4th December 2013, 03:39 PM
Well they thought Mustang could be FWD and fans had to save that. I didnt know that.

How in gods name did they think that would work?

HSE2
4th December 2013, 03:41 PM
Yes agree regarding the rims - but don't forget if I'm right this is the 6pack you'd think the 8 would have a different design wheel.

Now that's its global there will be 5 different rim choice per model wont there?

I wish there was a choice with that console.

FTe217
4th December 2013, 03:52 PM
I am very dissapointed with this ...

If enough people think as i do, then that could be the new beginning of Holden

Your dying to go there for CL's sake LOL....not a chance in hell will I be handing my hard earned to those mugs !

I can't judge anything on this pony till I see it in the flesh here - mind you it looks 1000times better than a VF LOL........

JEM
4th December 2013, 03:54 PM

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 03:54 PM
• The wheelbase is the same as the 2014 model (107.1 inches) and the overall length is nearly identical.

• The front track is the also the same as the 2014, but the rear track is 2 inches wider at 64.9 inches.

• The overall height of the new car is about 1.5 inches shorter and the overall width of the car is about 1.5 inches wider. ...

FTe217
4th December 2013, 03:57 PM
Interesting on the specs Thanks Falc.
So the IRS has spread the rear grip more so right ?

FTe217
4th December 2013, 04:19 PM
Mate just banter nothing more nothing less - early days my friend to judge by those pony pics, lets wait and see it in the flesh.
Hey if your a Brock fan good for you.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 04:33 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969

4Vman
4th December 2013, 04:48 PM

HSE2
4th December 2013, 04:48 PM
Found this interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngiotta View Post
I'm a bit confused as to how an adult is going to be able to ride in the back seat...

The original Mustang Fastback was marketed as the "Mustang 2+2." "2+2" means seating for two passengers in the front plus two smaller seats for children (or adults in a pinch) in the rear. 50 years later, the Mustang is exclusively a 2+2.

The need for a performance car with comfortable seating for four adults gave birth to the idea of the sports sedan. Unfortunately, today's sprts sedans are rather pricey, unless one is content to settle for a 4-cylinder engine, as in the Mazda 6. If you want four comfy seats for adults, a V8 and a manual transmission, you're in CTS-V and 5-Series territory at twice the price of a Mustang GT. If you're willing to settle for an auto trans, there are more affordable alternatives, like the Dodge Charger.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 04:50 PM
I tell you what that top boot deck opening is smaller too isn't it? My combined golf Buggy and bag will be a challenge.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 04:53 PM
and another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Painter View Post
The original Mustang Fastback was marketed as the "Mustang 2+2." "2+2" means seating for two passengers in the front plus two smaller seats for children (or adults in a pinch) in the rear. 50 years later, the Mustang is exclusively a 2+2.

I understand the meaning of 2+2. I have a 1970 Mach 1 and a 2008 GT500. While the back seat isn't a place I'd like to sit for a 3 hour road trip in either of those cars, I can sit in the back of both of them without holding my head crooked. This is important to a lot of people that occasionally give rides to adults and is a terrible loss in functionality.

4Vman
4th December 2013, 04:55 PM
Can someone explain to me the demographic this (reduced seating) Mustang is aimed at??

Randel
4th December 2013, 04:59 PM
Ian, you mentioned about the side repeaters for ADR's...

Is it the case that the indicator in the bumper is considered front, and the one within the headlight assembly is considered side?

HSE2
4th December 2013, 05:08 PM
Can someone explain to me the demographic this (reduced seating) Mustang is aimed at??

Well now that I have found this particular site they are basing their opinions on what they can see just as we are.

What we don't know is the actual seat position. We know the wheel base is the same so its likely the seat position is roughly the same in the front and rear but the rear of the car is wider then the current so the "taper" we see in the desing might not translate into the interior compartment.

It would be very unusual for a company to make that situation worse. The first thing we need to understand is if this is actually a fact.

I have never ventured on to a dedicated Mustang forum to read what they think so its telling that actual owners do say what they have in that thread.

From the other comment I posted in the US and Canada there is simply no alternative unless you want auto only or to pay more.

Boy could they have used our GT!

These guys here in that thread are talking about compromises to live with the package. They either have another car or they work around as a way of life.

I will go out on a limb and suggest if we were taken over back in the 80s or 90s with this ideology, Holden would have a lot more consumers. Ford US has been a very very different animal to our ford. I am still in shock they planed to send Mustang FWD. A small group of engineers< sound familiar??

HSE2
4th December 2013, 05:08 PM

Is it the case that the indicator in the bumper is considered front, and the one within the headlight assembly is considered side?

Possible I don't know? Jem would probably know.

Road_Warrior
4th December 2013, 05:32 PM

There are repeaters in the mirrors.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 06:42 PM

http://tysongamblin.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/2010-camaro-ss-red-41.jpg

4Vman
4th December 2013, 06:44 PM
WOW, the GM boys have it bad, Mustang makes that look horrid.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 06:49 PM
Yep which is what I am saying. The rake of the rear window makes it "appear" that head room will be at a premium, the shape suggests shoulder room, leg room is likely unchanged. From the exterior this is impossible to judge. These days they achieve miracles in packaging so its just something to watch for. Its not often a new model comes to market taking a backwards step in accommodation and comfort even in the coupe class. As I have said we don't know they have done that yet but from the outside it certainly looks like the potential is there and if so Fords explanation might be a talking point.
The info since has suggested the observation of a lower roof line is correct which is not only a compromise to head room but imo the car's proportions have suffered as well, all for the sake of paying homage to the fastback of 65. A lot of the design features are great in isolation but unfortunately there's no symphony happening. They thought too hard about this one.

4Vman
4th December 2013, 06:59 PM
The info since has suggested the observation of a lower roof line is correct which is not only a compromise to head room but imo the car's proportions have suffered as well, all for the sake of paying homage to the fastback of 65. A lot of the design features are great in isolation but unfortunately there's no symphony happening. They thought too hard about this one.

Sadly IMO their blinkered infatuation with retro has gone too far and gone on for too long. Its been done to death.

They have not only backed themselves into a corner styling wise but effectively missed a great opportunity to create a world car her under the guise of "one Ford" and globalisation, one that could have done really well outside the states, instead i fear it will only appease die hard US based mustang fanatics and nothing much more.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 07:09 PM

Do you watch Hawaii 50 Norm. Dano had a silver camaro that caught on fire. They replaced it with a fast black version. That lt1 thing or something. That look pretty tough which proves the point the other models could be much more aggressive.

On that forum you have GT 500 owners being disappointed. Their car, the upcoming replacement for it will look much more aggressive.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 07:20 PM
First thing that crossed my mind when I saw the pics this morning was how close the rear fender is to Camaro's.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 07:29 PM
The OP of this thread has been modified to include all the pics and info so far.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 07:32 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2270&d=1386113305Bad news, Norm, you only have one hatchback to choose from.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 07:33 PM
Yep it's the base V6 model. For a base model one would think it's not that bad. The GT will have bonnet flutes and larger rims at the very least. Grille should be different. Should help me stomach it.

4Vman
4th December 2013, 07:37 PM
Bad news, Norm, you only have one hatchback to choose from.

Damn!! LOL, hopefully for Ian the black middle section folds up too otherwise the boot opening will resemble a letterbox...

Donut King
4th December 2013, 07:41 PM
I'd be happy to own one of those, although I don't have a natural aversion to coupe's in general.

I tried for a long time to ignore the mustang, to dislike it and pretend it didn't exist. It worked until I had to work with them and couldn't ignore them anymore, then I got it.

I owned a Landau once, and sold it - I'll regret that forever. Another Landau or even another Falcon Coupe will never feel right, it won't be the one which was mine. Mustangs have been on my radar a bit more since I came to that realisation I guess.

Just like I was prepared to deal with the inconvenience factor of the Falcon Coupe, I could deal with the Inconvenience factor of the Mustang. Not just deal with it, I want it.

To a certain extent it makes a bit of sense. With hoon laws and road rules going the way they are I have to be careful driving the G6ET, I have already copped a 'Grade 0' warning for using the power to avoid an accident - the boys in blue didn't see it the same way I did. Next time they find a reason to disagree with me, its theirs for 7 days. For that reason it is sometimes easier now for me to drive the wifes Corolla around town, don't have the same risks of unwarranted/unwanted attention. Separate the practical every day car and have the other one for the other times, that and going from the Corolla to get G6ET certainly makes me appreciate the G6ET for what it is when I do drive it.

Not everybody can afford that, hell I don't know if I can even afford that. All things said and done I'd prefer the Falcon survived, but that doesn't mean I'd ignore the Mustang in the marketplace.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 08:33 PM
Damn!! LOL, hopefully for Ian the black middle section folds up too otherwise the boot opening will resemble a letterbox...

I have a big problem. In the next few days my Holden loving mate takes delivery of his new GTS.

It's a problem because that means he wins. If ford don't spend any money on the last GTs and they arent likely to I have a choice.

This has been going on for 20 years. The last 3 he has been silent. I liked him in this position very much.

I can try beat him with another product or join him with his HSV, either drastically less satisfying.

Modifying is against the rules although I am considering cheating.

I would never sit in the back so it's not a convenience to me. As a consequence of that I would never ask anyone to sit in the back but that does mean the boot has to be functional and that means the opening needs to be about the size of the falcon. If this car was to replace the ute as a daily it would be required to carry my golf equipment and on the odd occasion a portable generator. If ford bring out a mustang that knocks off the GTS, I will be obliged to buy it. I might not tell anyone about it because that would be embarrassing. It just needs to go to work early one morning to take a particular parking spot. He will be forced to walk past it and once more there will be silence.

But bugger me a usable boot opening isn't too much to ask for is it? Where is the spare wheel? If that's inside the car surely there is room to get a 20 inch rim in and out. Looking at the pic it looks like it might be tough. It's not easy pulling a 240mm wide 19 out of a falcon boot, let alone make the hole smaller.

I can't concede much more. Then there is that dash again. Hoping that's the us version or by the time the GT500 comes out it will be altered by demand.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 08:35 PM
Great post Steve. Well done

FTe217
4th December 2013, 09:11 PM
I have a big problem. In the next few days my Holden loving mate takes delivery of his new GTS.

It's a problem because that means he wins. If ford don't spend any money on the last GTs and they arent likely to I have a choice.

This has been going on for 20 years. The last 3 he has been silent. I liked him in this position very much.

I can try beat him with another product or join him with his HSV, either drastically less satisfying.

Modifying is against the rules although I am considering cheating.

I would never sit in the back so it's not a convenience to me. As a consequence of that I would never ask anyone to sit in the back but that does mean the boot has to be functional and that means the opening needs to be about the size of the falcon. If this car was to replace the ute as a daily it would be required to carry my golf equipment and on the odd occasion a portable generator. If ford bring out a mustang that knocks off the GTS, I will be obliged to buy it. I might not tell anyone about it because that would be embarrassing. It just needs to go to work early one morning to take a particular parking spot. He will be forced to walk past it and once more there will be silence.

But bugger me a usable boot opening isn't too much to ask for is it? Where is the spare wheel? If that's inside the car surely there is room to get a 20 inch rim in and out. Looking at the pic it looks like it might be tough. It's not easy pulling a 240mm wide 19 out of a falcon boot, let alone make the hole smaller.

I can't concede much more. Then there is that dash again. Hoping that's the us version or by the time the GT500 comes out it will be altered by demand.

Hum Hello up there in your post bold highlighted ?! you've never led this on or are you just keeping on trying to test the possible ownership of a PONY ?! LOL......

Ian your fetish has been exposed now - with comments as per, loving mate, going on for 20yrs, like him this position very much, no wonder you have been lured to the dark side - oh o thats even worse LOL......

Yer good post DK - nice to see your still around lurking mate.

I like the back of this stang, even not owning a GT500 get a bob tail slip on some nice staggered rims she'll be tuff from the rear the front I just can't grasp it as per the current front.

HSE2
4th December 2013, 09:21 PM
No I play golf too. I will send you a pic of my prize Calloway big burtha driver.

WASP
4th December 2013, 09:23 PM

That shot highlights a few things

The new one is not styled as aggressively at the front (more friendly to their 4 pot market that want to take it shopping and park it anywhere/anyhow)
The wheel base is shorter making the car look more 'sports car' and less 'muscle car'
Body sculpturing has been toned down making it look sleeker, but also plainer
Roofline is very Porsche, 86, Audi TT ish
With a TT V8 under the bonnet this thing is going to hammer. They are going to have the change the title SuperSnake to CutSnake.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 11:14 PM
That shot highlights a few things

The wheel base is shorter making the car look more 'sports car' and less 'muscle car'
Body sculpturing has been toned down making it look sleeker, but also plainer
Roofline is very Porsche, 86, Audi TT ish
With a TT V8 under the bonnet this thing is going to hammer. They are going to have the change the title SuperSnake to CutSnake.CutSnake would make a great number plate.

The wheelbase is the same apparently - the two shots in that pic aren't aligned.

This is probably a better comparison.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2265&stc=1&d=1386107794

The new one is not styled as aggressively at the front (more friendly to their 4 pot market that want to take it shopping and park it anywhere/anyhow)

From post 74.. it could have been a lot worse in that regard.

Moray Callum, Ford's incoming chief designer, said early versions of the car were "softer" and more "sophisticated," but those designs were tossed in favor a more blunt-nosed and threatening looking car.
"It's not subtle," he said. "When we talk to customers about imagery they associate with the car, they come up with a fist coming at you."

I think the glasshouse is not proportionate in size to the body of the car especially from that side-angle. It should have more volume there and it just doesn't blend with the rest of the car's theme. Same goes for the front. The more I look at this car the more I don't like it.

Falc'man
4th December 2013, 11:20 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2287&stc=1&d=1386156512

FTe217
4th December 2013, 11:27 PM
They have lost it at the front by these pics - the dlr's look out of place but again till you see it in the flesh it may look better.
As I mentioned for now the current front looks better to my eyes.

Elks
5th December 2013, 05:17 AM
I'm coming around to it, less than 24 hours since I saw the 1st pics. I will wait to see the non distorted pics to be sure.

Tha fact that it reduced in size in only 1 dimension, height seems ok and less weight is always a good thing. 3 things concern me. The smaller glass house, the reduced crease line on the rear quarter ahead of the rear wheel, a long time Stang characteristic and the plainer nose.

I'm ok with the interior, the retro design is just, what it needs to have is proper fit and finish, not 1980's US build quality.

And not red. I hate red.

4Vman
5th December 2013, 06:22 AM
Better?

HSE2
5th December 2013, 06:26 AM
If you give up retro as an exterior theme i am not sure how they conclude its a good idea to clash with it where the driver lives. Retro would work if it was really retro. Its not. The buttons look small, design cluttered.

Is the icc screen even the same size as ours? In our car, in most cars today its that screen that makes a statement with the interior.

Its just lost in the mustang.

The steering wheel looks interesting

For me i dont care what theme or excuse they use for design. All i want is an interior that improves on what i already have.. I need it to be modern.

I am really disappointed Ford didnt take this opportunity to bring a world class interior design language.

The concept Lincoln was heading in the right direction.

You are looking at fully customised TFT displays now. If you dont have it, your competition will.
Mondeo has a better designed interior to me so i dont give alot of credit to being held in the past due to sentiment.

If this was a Us only product then fine, they seem to be happy to continue to under achieve

JEM
5th December 2013, 06:29 AM

HSE2
5th December 2013, 06:40 AM
Norm. Yes for me that looks better simply because of the rims

VZTRT
5th December 2013, 06:46 AM
Is the icc screen even the same size as ours? In our car, in most cars today its that screen that makes a statement with the interior.

Screen is about the same size.

JEM
5th December 2013, 06:51 AM

HSE2
5th December 2013, 07:05 AM
Screen is about the same size.

Then it shows you how the surrounding area detracts from the spectacle.

Just like smart phones, the pressure is on to deliver high resolution graphics and class leading response.

Customising interior appearance works in the same way people like apps.

Ford know all this.

Last SmS they put on a dance display using ipads that worked individually but also came together to form a biger display. You had to see it to appreciate it.

We wont have the dual increments on the speedo so that will clean up that mess but for me and i guess only me, i was expecting a bigger class leading statement based on leading technology.

You bring mustang out of the darkages with an IRS just not sure where the line is that makes a a mustang not a mustang. Just disappointed there isny a wow factor.

WASP
5th December 2013, 09:46 AM

Best images for me yet. Not in quality of course. The GT looks better.

HSE2
5th December 2013, 09:49 AM
As expected we are getting the convertible as well.
No issues with the rear seat then. Just jump over the boot and you are set.

WASP
5th December 2013, 10:05 AM

Convertible? Talk about finding ways to turn something fun and useless into being even more fun and even more useless. I love it..lol :)

The rear looks fantastic. Its just that bullnose front and the interior out of 90, but I am sure I will get over it...

4Vman
5th December 2013, 10:39 AM
The "Wedge" principle??

Road_Warrior
5th December 2013, 11:19 AM

My issue with the convertible is that it will most likely be a ragtop which is shite, an all-steel folding panel style roof like the euros have is the way of the future (if not the way of the present)

FTe217
5th December 2013, 11:20 AM
mmm looking better.

4Vman
5th December 2013, 11:39 AM
My issue with the convertible is that it will most likely be a ragtop which is shite, an all-steel folding panel style roof like the euros have is the way of the future (if not the way of the present)
Personally i think a convertible will solve a number of issues, it will open up rear head room (top down) and remove the shocking lower roofline....

In fact it should be sold without any roof at all.

JEM
5th December 2013, 12:03 PM
Turn your speakers up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjl8v9aYHU

4Vman
5th December 2013, 12:11 PM
Is that a supercharger whine i can hear? Is this an official vid??!!

flappist
5th December 2013, 12:13 PM
This car is a true winner....

4Vman
5th December 2013, 12:15 PM
This car is a true winner....
It looks much better when there's sound... :-)

flappist
5th December 2013, 12:19 PM
Is that a supercharger whine i can hear? Is this an official vid??!!

Might be but then it might also be just some of the whining from many of the posts on here in the last few months leaking through............ :) (although the whining was not long, loud or repeated enough for that so is is probably a supercharger)

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 12:21 PM
It looks much better when there's sound... :-)
...and eyes closed.

GavL
5th December 2013, 12:23 PM
It sounds good!

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 12:23 PM
It's not official, the video images were leaked then taken off. They've edited in the extra stills and sound, which could be from any blown current Mustang. I doubt there'll be a blown S550 from factory.

4Vman
5th December 2013, 12:25 PM
It's not official, the video images were leaked then taken off. They've edited in the extra stills and sound, which could be from any blown current Mustang. I doubt there'll be a blown S550 from factory.
Cool, certainly doesn't look official, Ford will be hating all these leaks.....

FTe217
5th December 2013, 12:37 PM
Farrrrrrrk !

HSE2
5th December 2013, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up norm

It does sound good but if its not official the sound you hear is likely the current version.
Does anyone know if we have stricter regs?

Red F6310
5th December 2013, 01:04 PM
Sounds ok, still looks like shit!
Looks pretty similar to the GT stang i drove in the USA last year just with a different front on it. Lets hope it drives much better than that thing!

All things said, i still wont buy one for reasons ive stated earlier.

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 01:07 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2409&d=1386211647

4Vman
5th December 2013, 01:10 PM
Needs more glass house and much more contemporary nose.

Oh, and a F%^king FORD Badge!!!!

HSE2
5th December 2013, 01:13 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=981

Perko
5th December 2013, 01:14 PM

This is the first picture of the front end that I actually like.

HSE2
5th December 2013, 01:15 PM
The design of the bonnet vents, why are they like that?

4Vman
5th December 2013, 01:18 PM
To either create negative pressure to draw air out or its a high pressure area there and they allow air to flow out from the radiator would be my guess.

JEM
5th December 2013, 01:20 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/1b66e0cdd05752d9dc84e77720d109e80808784d/c=1024-0-5202-3142&r=x1443&c=1920x1440/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/12/04//1386182034002-15FordMustang-03-HR.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ba3ad8fe53692e44ca4197f114eeca9ac30f226b/c=1889-0-4757-2154&r=x1443&c=1920x1440/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/12/04//1386182034001-15FordMustang-02-HR.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/33979c775e1eaa569018726028032456b81d1146/c=2306-259-6802-3646&r=x1443&c=1920x1440/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/12/04//1386182034003-15FordMustang-04-HR.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f98bb0ea227a1ebd4006a737c216f5416873fb07/c=1359-0-4732-2533&r=x1443&c=1920x1440/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/12/04//1386182034008-15FordMustang-09-HR.jpg

Road_Warrior
5th December 2013, 01:23 PM
OK I think it looks the goods.

However that red painted diffuser under the bumper and the interior still looks fucking stupid IMO

JEM
5th December 2013, 01:24 PM
sorry didn't realise HSE2 posted a link to the hires shots.

I'm slowly warming to it... I'm completely over the Red though.

The below info from http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2015

Color and wheel availability varies by market. See your dealer for details.

Race Red
Competition Orange
Triple Yellow
Deep Impact Blue
Ruby Red
Black
Magnetic
Guard
Ingot Silver
Oxford White

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2411&d=1386211647
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2410&d=1386211647
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2412&d=1386211647
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2413&d=1386211647
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2414&d=1386211755
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2415&d=1386211755
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2416&d=1386211755
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2417&d=1386211755
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2418&d=1386211755
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2420&d=1386211849
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2421&d=1386211849
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2422&d=1386211849
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2423&d=1386211849
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2424&d=1386211849

4Vman
5th December 2013, 01:31 PM
Awesome job guys, everyone can get an early night now!! LOL

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 01:31 PM
Ram effect when racing in reverse.

Perko
5th December 2013, 01:35 PM
The pictures are getting better. There are still a few angles that make it look awkward, especially from the rear quarter.

VZTRT
5th December 2013, 01:36 PM
These pics are much better then the very first ones because of the angle the photo was taken.

Its gonna look good on the outside (and have that presence) but its gonna be like current model and have a shit interior. One thing this car will do is draw people to the dealership. If anything it'll be a good marketing exercise to get people to buy their other products.

4Vman
5th December 2013, 01:38 PM
The pictures are getting better. There are still a few angles that make it look awkward, especially from the rear quarter.

Look, most of us wanted something different, we all thought this would be a revolutionary model but its really an evolutionary update, but it is what it is, its a Mustang and its very "Mustang", in every sense.

In isolation it will be a very nice car with excellent performance. I hope it does well.

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 01:40 PM

I think black would hide the fish mouth a little better. It's the only part of the car that's giving me a complex.

galaxy xr8
5th December 2013, 01:42 PM
Turn your speakers up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjl8v9aYHU

This is the actual footage/video of the vehicle that makes this lovely note that we can all hear,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK6usuQdgos

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 01:53 PM
This is the actual footage/video of the vehicle that makes this lovely note that we can all hear,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK6usuQdgos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK6usuQdgos...

HSE2
5th December 2013, 01:54 PM
OK I think it looks the goods.

However that red painted diffuser under the bumper and the interior still looks fucking stupid IMO

Dont mind the rear diffuser, but i dont like the way the bonnet vents have been done.

I think the car in general looks too nose heavy, too much over hang from side on.

Most definately agree with interior, i flagged that in the other thread as my big must win criteria, so the only other issue for me is the actual boot opening.

4Vman
5th December 2013, 01:57 PM
Dont mind the rear diffuser, but i dont like the way the bonnet vents have been done.

I think the car in general looks too nose heavy, too much over hang from side on.

Most definately agree with interior, i flagged that in the other thread as my big must win criteria, so the only other issue for me is the actual boot opening.

Like ive said, its very "Mustang" in every sense. Long nose short bum. Got no idea how they'd make a 4 door from that platform without binning everything bar the driveline.

HSE2
5th December 2013, 02:05 PM
I get the long bonnet, just not sure the section in front of the wheels works with its snout and small eyes. It might in the flesh. Thats directly side on. When you turn to 3/4 front plus height, like standing over it instead of being two foot tall, i think the front is ok.

FTe217
5th December 2013, 02:45 PM
Music to my ears Thankyou, needed that re the GT500 sound on song.

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 02:47 PM
I get the long bonnet, just not sure the section in front of the wheels works with its snout and small eyes. It might in the flesh. Thats directly side on. When you turn to 3/4 front plus height, like standing over it instead of being two foot tall, i think the front is ok.Yeah agree totally. That section tapers inwards quite a bit which the current shots don't show.

Here's an example of what I mean...

It's also why if viewed from the angle below it appears as there's no overhang.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2416&d=1386211755

Perko
5th December 2013, 02:53 PM
Look, most of us wanted something different, we all thought this would be a revolutionary model but its really an evolutionary update, but it is what it is, its a Mustang and its very "Mustang", in every sense.

In isolation it will be a very nice car with excellent performance. I hope it does well.

I also hope that it does well when it arrives. Every company should have an iconic nameplate. We were just hoping ours would remain Falcon. It will have excellent performance but if Ford were truly hoping that it would be a global car then I thought they would do more with the interior. To me it is just a case of them making a car to their market and then pushing it everywhere else expecting the markets to accept it. It would be a shame if it is received by foreign car press and those car shows that will once again go... American muscle car, they look good, go great in a straight line, handle OK but their interiors are just crap. If that is the case then that would be disappointing for the Mustang because it may well be selling the vehicle short.

4Vman
5th December 2013, 02:57 PM
I also hope that it does well when it arrives. Every company should have an iconic nameplate. We were just hoping ours would remain Falcon. It will have excellent performance but if Ford were truly hoping that it would be a global car then I thought they would do more with the interior. To me it is just a case of them making a car to their market and then pushing it everywhere else expecting the markets to accept it. It would be a shame if it is received by foreign car press and those car shows that will once again go... American muscle car, they look good, go great in a straight line, handle OK but their interiors are just crap. If that is the case then that would be disappointing for the Mustang because it may well be selling the vehicle short.
I think we need to understand the American psyche and how they see themselves in the broader scheme of things to understand why they think pushing their products (or in their eyes giving us such a great opportunity) out onto the rest of the world will work.....

One thing i really envy about their culture is they loyalty and patriotism... if that breeds arrogance so be it, we could do with a bit more of it in Australia.

HSE2
5th December 2013, 02:58 PM
I will be suggesting exactly that on the Ford US site next week when the dust settles

HSE2
5th December 2013, 03:00 PM
We cant be too harsh Norm. They have after all conceded a live rear end. Give them time.

GavL
5th December 2013, 03:07 PM
Seems Ford have given into the leaks releasing this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZp5SJhRybE

Ford Aus have just posted official pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152428639413747.1073741854.126096123746&type=1

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2015/ is now online (again)

flappist
5th December 2013, 03:13 PM
Well I think it is brilliant and the closest "look alike" I can find is the Aston Martin Vantage.
There is a pretty good chance I will have a blue manual one in my shed in a year or so.

Also Youssef, most of your pics do not work if you do not have a mustang forum login.

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 03:17 PM
Now you tell me.

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 03:23 PM
Well I think it is brilliant and the closest "look alike" I can find is the Aston Martin Vantage.
There is a pretty good chance I will have a blue manual one in my shed in a year or so.

That's going to be a problem since it won't be for sale here for another 2 years.

4Vman
5th December 2013, 03:24 PM
That's going to be a problem since it won't be for sale here for another 2 years.

oooppps, was wondering about that...

Perko
5th December 2013, 03:26 PM
Bahahaha. Was looking at some of the pictures and my daughter just walked into my office. "Geez dad we should get one of those. They look great." Then informed here that the XR8 has to go next week due to it being written off. "Well that happened at the right time. Now get that red car!" God bless little girls. :highly_amused:

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 03:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YzdTldKvoE

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 03:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q4CiHH5GVA&feature=c4-overview&list=UU6Q7yrHUCcW73UhBP-xX0ZQ

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tefZ8d9_9Hk&feature=c4-overview&list=UU6Q7yrHUCcW73UhBP-xX0ZQ

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1HX8Iq-56s&feature=c4-overview&list=UU6Q7yrHUCcW73UhBP-xX0ZQ

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 03:53 PM
http://www.ford.com/global/2015mustang/img/plates/s550_feature_1480x700_overhead.jpg

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 03:54 PM
http://www.ford.com/global/2015mustang/img/revealer/s550_feature_1480x700_convertible-top-up.jpg

http://www.ford.com/global/2015mustang/img/revealer/s550_feature_1480x700_convertible-top-down.jpg

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 03:55 PM
http://www.ford.com/global/2015mustang/img/plates/s550_feature_1480x700_cockpit.jpg

4Vman
5th December 2013, 03:55 PM
That's better, its a much nicer car as a convertible and without the front visible..

Road_Warrior
5th December 2013, 03:57 PM
Ok yeah...I dunno. Like I said earlier I would have preferred a metal folding roof. Ragtops are pox, wifey had one and it was a pain in the arse when the car gets on in years.

That said she likes convertibles...maybe this is my way to get my V8 and her to get a convertible? Doubt kiddie seats will fit in the back though.

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 03:58 PM
http://www.ford.com/global/2015mustang/img/view360/19-premium/deep_impact_blue/standard_deep_impact_blue_env.jpg

HSE2
5th December 2013, 04:24 PM

And that raises another problem. Two years would be a model change or refresh!. If the interior design appears old to some now, whats another two years going to do?

HSE2
5th December 2013, 04:28 PM
There will be nothing left for tonight. Is that the real ride height or are ford doing a Vf

flappist
5th December 2013, 04:32 PM

Available late 2014..... a year
Give it time to get here..... or so

I don't really care if it takes two years, I am not in that much of a hurry.

It reminds me of what happened in late 2001 when I was test driving a new AU XR8. I was just about to buy it when the sales guy told me about the "new one with the mustang engine next year".
This convinced me not to buy an XR8 and to wait for what turned out to be a GT-P in May 2003 which was a far superior and vastly more capable vehicle.

These pics and the specs of the Mustang detailed so far have done exactly the same thing.........

Remember the yanks show the car a year before it is available, Australia keeps everything a secret up until about 5 seconds before it can be bought.

defective
5th December 2013, 04:58 PM
I was already having 2nd 3rd and 37th thoughts about buying a fh, this is almost the nail in the coffin for me, the gt in silver, or if they do a satin black would do me quite nicely.

Donut King
5th December 2013, 07:16 PM
If I wasn't already sold on it before, I would be now, those videos and press shots have cleared up any concerns I had after what we saw yesterday.

Archilino
5th December 2013, 07:50 PM
If I wasn't already sold on it before, I would be now, those videos and press shots have cleared up any concerns I had after what we saw yesterday.

Agree 100% Donut King, I was sceptical after seeing the Inital leaked photo yesterday but thought to myself that was the base or 'XT' variant but after the GT version came out...:D

HSE2
5th December 2013, 07:57 PM
The new Ford Mustang has been officially revealed, and will go on sale in the UK with right-hand drive for the first time in more than four decades.

The all-new Mustang, seen here officially for the first time, will be launched on 17 April 2014, 50 years to the day after the original was launched in the US.

It is the latest global model developed under the ‘One Ford’ plan, but Ford claims that 
the character has not been altered as a result. The car has already been seen in a series of leaked images online.

“We didn’t decide to do a global Mustang,” said programme boss Dave Pericak. “We decided to take the Mustang global.”

It’s a vital distinction. “Everything we do is to make a Mustang, and then take it global with homologation. We didn’t change the recipe.” That the hugely successful current model was the conceptual starting point is partial proof of that, even if “the only commonality is the wheelbase — every sheet metal panel is different, and only two fasteners are retained”.

The biggest difference is that the Mustang has finally adopted independent rear suspension, 30 years after most manufacturers jettisoned live rear axles. Ride quality is improved greatly and the 
front suspension is also redesigned as a result, according to Pericak. The new car sits on 19-inch wheels.

The latest Mustang is lighter and stiffer and its bigger cabin benefits from a major quality upgrade. The double-wing dashboard style of the 1964 and 2004 cars remains. Big dials and aeronautical graphics complete this familiar but 
more sophisticated confection. An eight-inch infotainment touchscreen is located in the centre of the cabin, and will be equipped with navigation software for Europe.

Entirely new to the Mustang is a 305bhp/300lb ft 2.3-litre four-cylinder Ecoboost engine. Pericak claims that it’s “a ton of fun 
to drive, very well balanced 
and rewarding. It sounds powerful and like it belongs 
in a Mustang”.

The 5.0-litre V8 is the carried-over 420bhp/390lb ft Coyote motor and will be upgraded to 500bhp within 18 months. The base 3.7-litre V6, which won’t come to the UK, is unchanged at 305bhp. Ford had planned to ditch this engine but has kept it in the US to keep the Mustang’s base price low.

The six-speed manual and auto transmissions are unaltered, too, which means optional steering-wheel mounted paddles are also retained. A 10-speed automatic is in development, but is still two years away.

The new look of this latest Mustang is “definitely not retro”, according to Pericak. “We’re looking into the future and the next 50 years.” However, as design boss Moray Callum explained, making the new Mustang “instantly recognisable” was a priority. The proportions are improved, and the bluff front end is retained, along with the forward-leaning, “shark-bite” grille, he said.

The wedged flanks of the outgoing car have given way to horizontal lines and tautly muscled wheelarches “that support the powerdome bonnet”, said Callum, “and the triple bar tail-lights could only be a Mustang”.

Plenty of signature Mustang design features are absent, including the ‘C’ scoops in the flanks and the shapely rear side windows made famous by the Shelby Mustang.

Callum talked about “editing” the palette of Mustang design flourishes, because it’s impractical to include them all and they didn’t want a retro design.

That said, the convertible’s silhouette echoes the 1964 notchback Mustang, its elegant fabric hood needing just seven seconds to fold, underlining Pericak’s claim that “there’s not a system or component on the car that’s untouched”.

“You only get the 50th anniversary chance once. This was an opportunity to do it big and do it right.”

While pricing for the new Mustang has yet to be officially revealed, it is expected to cost from around 30,000.

4Vman
5th December 2013, 08:38 PM
“You only get the 50th anniversary chance once. This was an opportunity to do it big and do it right.”

Yeah.....no shit.... At least YOUR hero made it. :argh:

HSE2
5th December 2013, 08:42 PM
It's also a very interesting comment about the brand strength of Mustang as they see it. There is or was no consideration to other markets, it's mustang take it or leave it. That deserves respect.

4Vman
5th December 2013, 08:47 PM
It is the latest global model developed under the ‘One Ford’ plan, but Ford claims that 
the character has not been altered as a result. The car has already been seen in a series of leaked images online.

“We didn’t decide to do a global Mustang,” said programme boss Dave Pericak. “We decided to take the Mustang global.”

Well at least they're now admitting what we've all worked out despite during the lead up they suggested the opposite.

still struggling with it being claimed a "global" product when clearly it's not.

HSE2
5th December 2013, 08:57 PM
It's homologated for world consumption, not designed for it. What's this shaker sound system for example? It's not what global fords from Europe use!

4Vman
5th December 2013, 09:01 PM
It's homologated for world consumption, not designed for it. What's this shaker sound system for example? It's not what global fords from Europe use!

Yes exactly. While Ford are busy consolidating everyone else onto global platforms Mustang slipped under the radar it would seem.

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 09:09 PM
Well at least they're now admitting what we've all worked out despite during the lead up they suggested the opposite.

still struggling with it being claimed a "global" product when clearly it's not.Is Mini a global product?

4Vman
5th December 2013, 09:11 PM
Is Mini a global product?

Am I a midget hair dresser?

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 09:13 PM
Am I a midget hair dresser?
Nah seriously.

4Vman
5th December 2013, 09:16 PM
Nah seriously.
It's Probably not, but the point I'm making is Ford have been a bit hypocritical with the one ford and globalisation mantra...

Elks
5th December 2013, 09:34 PM
http://www.ford.com/global/2015mustang/img/revealer/s550_feature_1480x700_convertible-top-up.jpg

http://www.ford.com/global/2015mustang/img/revealer/s550_feature_1480x700_convertible-top-down.jpg

I'm way to pale and pasty to drive a vert. But that looks just fantastic. I could own that V8 manual FTW

phillyc
5th December 2013, 09:49 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/33979c775e1eaa569018726028032456b81d1146/c=2306-259-6802-3646&r=x1443&c=1920x1440/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/12/04//1386182034003-15FordMustang-04-HR.jpgCan't believe no-ones mentioned the Nissan R35 GTR as having a similar profile. Which I reckon looks pretty techy-horn :)

JEM
5th December 2013, 09:53 PM
HSE2, don't know if you've seen this.... but...

The added width and a new rear suspension contribute to improved shoulder and hip room for passengers, and a more usefully shaped trunk can accommodate two golf bags.

;)

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 09:54 PM
....but the point I'm making is Ford have been a bit hypocritical with the one ford and globalisation mantra...How?

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 09:56 PM
HSE2, don't know if you've seen this.... but...

;)
Also see post #3 in this thread.
http://www.falconforums.com.au/showthread.php?1803-2015-Mustang-Specs&p=30094#post30094

JEM
5th December 2013, 10:02 PM
ah cool thanks.

Wonder what the other 2 models they are revealing will be?

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 10:03 PM
Just a reminder of this guys, it's on now.

http://www.falconforums.com.au/showthread.php?1798-You-tube-live-Feed-for-Mustang-reveal

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 10:05 PM
Wonder what the other 2 models they are revealing will be?Where'd you read that? Other Mustang models or other Ford models?

JEM
5th December 2013, 10:07 PM
not sure what models. Apparently via Barcelona, so could just be models that we may have already seen, but not launched in Spain yet.

galaxy xr8
5th December 2013, 10:29 PM
Just a reminder of this guys, it's on now.

http://www.falconforums.com.au/showthread.php?1798-You-tube-live-Feed-for-Mustang-reveal

Just watching it now.

Road_Warrior
5th December 2013, 10:35 PM
Just watching it now.

Yeah and it's pox. Show us the damn car!

galaxy xr8
5th December 2013, 10:38 PM
Yeah and it's pox. Show us the damn car!

Yeah that Shane Jacobs annoys me to know end, finally it's here, not the best colour/combo to show it in IMO.

GavL
5th December 2013, 10:40 PM
Those seats... they actually look really comfy

Falc'man
5th December 2013, 10:44 PM
Yeah that Shane Jacobs annoys me to know end, finally it's here, not the best colour/combo to show it in IMO.

He trod in it a couple of times didn't he..

WASP
5th December 2013, 10:50 PM
That looked much better in the flesh including the interior. The convertible looks very E class coupe.

defective
5th December 2013, 10:51 PM

Shows how objective visuals are, I loved the colour combo, and I think its the first convertible I've actually liked.

And yeah Jacobs is a twat.

HSE2
6th December 2013, 01:40 AM
I cant believe such a biased person as SJ got this gig. May as well have rewarded JD

HSE2
6th December 2013, 01:42 AM
Can't believe no-ones mentioned the Nissan R35 GTR as having a similar profile. Which I reckon looks pretty techy-horn :)

i have in other threads, as well as 911

VZTRT
6th December 2013, 06:46 AM
We cant be too harsh Norm. They have after all conceded a live rear end. Give them time.

The live axle in the current model has pretty good ride quality. I was surprised that it soaked up the shit US roads so well.....the Camaro over there was terrible in comparison to the point I would have regretted paying money for it.

From what I've seen the exterior is quite nice (Just not in Red lol). Still not convinced that the interior would be fun to live with. Really excited by the apps on the sync system.

WASP
6th December 2013, 07:09 AM
The main thing I don't like is the wrap around headlight treatment although I love the use of LED's integrated into them. The rest of it is working for me now and I especially like the rear end. Red is not the ideal colour. That steel looking metallic grey finish is much better.

HSE2
6th December 2013, 07:47 AM
Thats not really that surprising. A live rear isnt an absolute obstacle to achieving a compiant ride in terms of harshness. The problem with it is when its being asked to do multiple or cope with multiple tasks at once. What one wheel cops in terms of road shock gets transferred to the partner which is just not desirable.

Its cheap but effective.

flappist
6th December 2013, 10:12 AM
A couple of observations here. The Ford "Grand Poobahs" mentioned modding and customising several times denoting it is an observed important component of Mustang culture.

The GT uses the Miami V8. We (Australia) have quite a bit of knowlege with regard to superchatging the Miami V8.
I wonder if there is an opportunity for a Walkenshaw style performance operation to sell a SC kit bothe here and in UK and really into the LHD markets as well.

Also we (and the poms) are only getting the T4 and V8. The T4 has very good figures, about the same max torque but flatter curve and much higher power than the current I6.
This puts it head to head against the others in that market, Suburu, Toyota, Audi, Mitsubishi with all the advantages of the RWD 86/MX5 and well as the power and torque of the Evo/STi/Megane/135.

I think Ford are not as silly as some believe with the design of this vehicle.

GavL
6th December 2013, 10:37 AM
A couple of observations here. The Ford "Grand Poobahs" mentioned modding and customising several times denoting it is an observed important component of Mustang culture.

The GT uses the Miami V8. We (Australia) have quite a bit of knowlege with regard to superchatging the Miami V8.
I wonder if there is an opportunity for a Walkenshaw style performance operation to sell a SC kit bothe here and in UK and really into the LHD markets as well.

Also we (and the poms) are only getting the T4 and V8. The T4 has very good figures, about the same max torque but flatter curve and much higher power than the current I6.
This puts it head to head against the others in that market, Suburu, Toyota, Audi, Mitsubishi with all the advantages of the RWD 86/MX5 and well as the power and torque of the Evo/STi/Megane/135.

I think Ford are not as silly as some believe with the design of this vehicle.

I also saw some specs in a drive article that placed the T4 having more power and torque than the V6 version which we're not getting - though makes perfect sense!

The T4 version of the Mustang is quite clever in the regard that it puts it up against likes of the 86, BRZ too.

Falc'man
6th December 2013, 11:55 AM
In the stock numbers do you anticipate the Mustang to beat the latest Camaro?

Our focus was to create the best Mustang ever and in course of development, we tested and benchmarked several competitive vehicles including aspirational cars such as BMW M3 and Porsche 911. Prakesh is project lead at Ford.

Falc'man
6th December 2013, 11:58 AM
Tony are you still having problems viewing these shots?

Edit: No they are working perfectly for me now

Edit: Thanks for the reply

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2805&stc=1&d=1386290223

VZTRT
6th December 2013, 12:12 PM
Yeah still don't like the dash...prehaps its better in person. But the pics coming out of the body are nice.

Perko
6th December 2013, 01:09 PM
Totally agree about the dash but as Ford said in their release they are not looking to globalise the Mustang. So if this is what Mustang buyers want then that is good. But for me I do not like it. I do like the shots of the Mustang in red. Totally suit the car and later shots are better then the first ones released.

4Vman
6th December 2013, 01:14 PM
Totally agree about the dash but as Ford said in their release they are not looking to globalise the Mustang. So if this is what Mustang buyers want then that is good. But for me I do not like it. I do like the shots of the Mustang in red. Totally suit the car and later shots are better then the first ones released.
That is correct, as they said, Mustang was developed primarily for their local market, if others want it they get that.

HSE2
7th December 2013, 07:25 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1498159_10152063258600049_1182206430_o.jpg

Red F6310
7th December 2013, 08:13 AM
The more and more i look at these mustang pics the more i dislike it, especially the interior with its square slabbed dash and plank of wood console.

To me the interior was a huge let down with the current gen mustang (when i drove one in the usa) and doesnt seem to be much better in this new "world" mustang.
The sooner the yanks get there heads around the whole what works for them doesnt nesscessarily work for the rest of the world the better. With the fiesta, focus, mondeo/fusion they have succeeded to a large degree but mustang still lags behind in my opinion.

But having said that, the seppos will lap up this mustang just like the models before it.

Randel
7th December 2013, 09:11 AM
....... especially the interior with its square slabbed dash and plank of wood console.....

That quote has nailed it - the centre stack and console looks so square and flat its like something someone has knocked up with mdf on a saturday arvo..... Maybe it will not 'date' as it gets older (hey it already looks old)

I think in reality the tactile feel of the toggles and knobs will probably be better than they look....

Overall it looks ok - just not WOW.....

HSE2
7th December 2013, 09:34 AM
That quote has nailed it - the centre stack and console looks so square and flat its like something someone has knocked up with mdf on a saturday arvo..... Maybe it will not 'date' as it gets older (hey it already looks old)

I think in reality the tactile feel of the toggles and knobs will probably be better than they look....

Overall it looks ok - just not WOW.....

And this sums up my feelings best too. I reckon the quality will be there and for what it is I think it looks ok. I have just got out of my Lux pack FG2. That's my biggest problem with Mustang. The Fg and Fg2 interiors is just simple and clean. There hasn't been a comp to cram buttons in and the screen is a focal point. The resolution and graphics are pretty good in both FG screens but I think you will find the Mustang main display, the one between the two big circles will be better than what we have today. Actually I think the current one is better than ours form what I saw of the 302 R demonstration a couple of years back.

However if this were the new Falcon interior its wouldn't be a deal breaker. An interior with WOW when other things are stacked against it might have been the straw.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about the SVT models and the first revision of Mustang in 16 or 17. (still think its a stupid name)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1048231_618470888176780_2022344629_o.jpg

Not a very good photo I know but this sort of design in terms of clarity with higher quality plastics and switches would be my minimum requirement in terms of personal progression. I really do love the Fg2 layout. Better plastics, more features out of the ICC, would be nice but the Hvac is easy to use, nice big buttons and attractive LED lighting in the main binnacle.

The black trim is the best of the FGs imo.

flappist
7th December 2013, 02:35 PM
If that is your ute Ian, it is very different from mine (apart from the obvious manual vs auto).

HSE2
7th December 2013, 02:50 PM
Yes mate, crap picture, bit hazy but that's my Ute. You should see the black trim that doesn't stand out in that pic. Its got a bit of a carbon fibre weave to it.

Just posted it so people could see what I was on about instead of thinking I was a complete dickhead.

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 08:26 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2846&d=1386342043
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2716&d=1386266964
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2847&d=1386342043
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2848&d=1386342043
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2849&d=1386342043
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2869&stc=1&d=1386356160

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 08:29 PM
http://www.carscoops.com/2013/12/we-visually-compare-new-2015-mustang-to.html

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 08:33 PM
http://forums.themustangsource.com/attachments/f663/96282d1321413947-2013-gt500-svt13grabber.jpg
http://automovilonline.autoplaza.com.mx/uploads/archivos/Ilustracion-Mustang-2015-Shelby.jpg

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 08:34 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2884&d=1386391913

Red F6310
7th December 2013, 09:30 PM
Wow the "all new" model looks so different from the old one.... NOT! LOL

I wonder if we are going to get a proper RHD setup (indicators and wiper stalks correct on steering column) or just a steering wheel moved to the right hand side like most imported europe/yank stuff.

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 09:38 PM
Wow the "all new" model looks so different from the old one.... NOT! LOLThat's not where the perceived problem is.

Red F6310
7th December 2013, 09:45 PM
That's not where the perceived problem is.

It is for me and that old shit looking interior

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 10:03 PM
It is for me and that old shit looking interiorThere's nothing wrong with Mustangs looking like Mustangs, but if your issue is the Mustang itself then say that [actually you already have I think], because it not looking different enough is not the problem, just like with Porsche's 911 and all the Aston Martins.

Red F6310
7th December 2013, 10:18 PM
There's nothing wrong with Mustangs looking like Mustangs, but if your issue is the Mustang itself then say that [actually you already have I think], because it not looking different enough is not the problem, just like with Porsche's 911 and all the Aston Martins.

The problem is the mustang is seen as seppo junk except in america, it cant be compared to the 911 porsche which has been sold worldwide for years.

My main issue is the yanks telling US what we need or should have! And if we dont like it then stiff shit.... as far as im concerned they can go get fucked.

If there going to keep a car "retro" then they dont need to go pulling cocks trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes with shit comments, it might work for blind yanks but not for the rest of the world.

You might not agree with me but i have my opinion and you have yours. Lets agree to disagree :)

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 10:30 PM
The problem is the mustang is seen as seppo junk except in america, it cant be compared to the 911 porsche which has been sold worldwide for years.

My main issue is the yanks telling US what we need or should have! And if we dont like it then stiff shit.... as far as im concerned they can go get fucked.

If there going to keep a car "retro" then they dont need to go pulling cocks trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes with shit comments, it might work for blind yanks but not for the rest of the world.

You might not agree with me but i have my opinion and you have yours. Lets agree to disagree :)Don't see what your problem is with the Americans - isn't Australia just another state of the USA?

HSE2
7th December 2013, 10:36 PM
I hope not Youssef because I am no fan of America either.

That rear 3/4 is awesome I reckon. Even in red.

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 10:39 PM
I hope not Youssef because I am no fan of America either.

That rear 3/4 is awesome I reckon. Even in red.

It may as well be Ian.

HSE2
7th December 2013, 10:41 PM
I am moving then.

Will the name Shelby be used?

HSE2
7th December 2013, 10:41 PM
Actually I don't have to. Just remembered Tasmanian isn't part of Aust

Red F6310
7th December 2013, 10:46 PM
Don't see what your problem is with the Americans - isn't Australia just another state of the USA?

They think they are the best and greatest country in the world but when someone stands up to them they get all war happy.
If it wasnt for china bailing/buying out some of there debt theyd be totally fucked.

Anyway enough of the political crap. Lol

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 10:46 PM
Actually I don't have to. Just remembered Tasmanian isn't part of Aust

You guys are like the original Aussies. Black.

http://www.shika.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Doita-and-Tanzania-map.jpg

HSE2
7th December 2013, 10:51 PM
So GT 350 and GT500, are they Shelby, SVT or Ford and when do we see them?

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 11:03 PM
So GT 350 and GT500, are they Shelby, SVT or Ford and when do we see them?The GT350 doesn't exist with Ford.

Ford used the Shelby/GT500 name under license from Shelby American Inc.

ShelbyAmerican is an aftermarket modifier of Mustangs. They produce the GT350 which isn't a Ford factory product.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/yu_surf75/2011-shelby-gt350-5_zps35eb82a6.jpg (http://s162.photobucket.com/user/yu_surf75/media/2011-shelby-gt350-5_zps35eb82a6.jpg.html)

The rumour is Ford will now use this GT350 badge alongside the GT500.

SVT is the performance division that looks after Ford's performance vehicles like the GT500. They don't stick their badges on anything I don't think.

That picture you saw was not official.