PDA

View Full Version : Leaked Mustang image

Pages : 1 [2]

HSE2
7th December 2013, 11:07 PM
How long till we see these models?

Reading comments from people about deposits and the intention to buy, I get the feeling some are talking about the GT500.

Is the super snake a special GT500 or all GT 500s super snakes?

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 11:10 PM
They think they are the best and greatest country in the world but when someone stands up to them they get all war happy.
If it wasnt for china bailing/buying out some of there debt theyd be totally fucked.

Anyway enough of the political crap. LolSo all this time you were under the impression that Ford was the US government?

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 11:16 PM
How long till we see these models?

Reading comments from people about deposits and the intention to buy, I get the feeling some are talking about the GT500.

Is the super snake a special GT500 or all GT 500s super snakes?

Super Snake is not factory, it's made by Shelby American Inc. It's like Herrod's or that dude KPM Mr I have a warranty's blown Falcon.

"GT350" will be the track special. That will have the 5.2 litre atmo with over 500hp. No one knows when it'll be available after Mustang goes on sale. What I have come across is it's probably about 6 months after.

The GT500 will come after that. What motor that has I don't know. Maybe a TT5.0. The blown 5.8 still fits in this car.

HSE2
7th December 2013, 11:43 PM
Do we think Shelby America inc would build rhd SS?

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 11:44 PM
Ian, not sure why the surrounding states in the north east of Africa miss out but you guys are lucky.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2880&d=1386387080

Falc'man
7th December 2013, 11:46 PM
Do we think Shelby America inc would build rhd SS?
Probably no need when we have aftermarket tuners here that could do the same or buy their kits.

Falc'man
8th December 2013, 12:11 AM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2759&d=1386269611

Red F6310
8th December 2013, 12:11 AM
So all this time you were under the impression that Ford was the US government?

Do you really think im that fucking stupid?

Thanks for the insult buddy

Falc'man
8th December 2013, 12:32 AM
Do you really think im that fucking stupid?

Thanks for the insult buddy
We're talking about cars one minute but then you're associating Ford with the US government's history. That's why I asked if Australia is just another state of the US because we're their ass lickers and our govco does what America and it's private owners say. So if you want to put Ford in the same basket you may as well put us in it too.

Putting all your prejudice and politics aside, what do you think of the new Mustang?

Red F6310
8th December 2013, 01:15 AM
We're talking about cars one minute but then you're associating Ford with the US government's history. That's why I asked if Australia is just another state of the US because we're their ass lickers and our govco does what America and it's private owners say. So if you want to put Ford in the same basket you may as well put us in it too.

Putting all your prejudice and politics aside, what do you think of the new Mustang?

I was actually referring to American businesses in general. It seems they are telling us what we should like and if we don't like it then stiff shit.... Its time Australia and other countries around the world stood up for once and told the USA to fuck off (and not just the car companies with "their" ideals on what's right for us)

I'm not prejudice and I hate politics, I'm a proud Aussie that can see our country going down the toilet fast. The sad part is soon we wont be able to buy anything Australian made unless its food (and even then a lot of that is coming in from overseas)

As for what I think of the new mustang.... I thought id made that clear in other posts across this forum.
It does nothing for me, the mustang never really has (there's just something about them that doesn't click with me and believe me, I've driven plenty of different models over the years to get a good feel of them).
To me the new mustang is going to be the "mid life" crisis car that Ford Australia sells. Honestly I reckon sales will start of quite strong but then flatten out to lowish monthly numbers, as being a 2 door will limit its appeal to some/many. IF they made a nice 4 door version (and didn't call it a mustang) of it on a slightly longer wheelbase (for more rear space) with a none retro shit interior then maybe just maybe id consider one but that wont happen... and no the 300C Chrysler with its gangster look is not my cup of tea either as I'm no pimp daddy yo.

Falc'man
8th December 2013, 02:21 AM
I was actually referring to American businesses in general. It seems they are telling us what we should like and if we don't like it then stiff shit.... Its time Australia and other countries around the world stood up for once and told the USA to fuck off (and not just the car companies with "their" ideals on what's right for us)

I'm not prejudice and I hate politics, I'm a proud Aussie that can see our country going down the toilet fast. The sad part is soon we wont be able to buy anything Australian made unless its food (and even then a lot of that is coming in from overseas)

As for what I think of the new mustang.... I thought id made that clear in other posts across this forum.
It does nothing for me, the mustang never really has (there's just something about them that doesn't click with me and believe me, I've driven plenty of different models over the years to get a good feel of them).
To me the new mustang is going to be the "mid life" crisis car that Ford Australia sells. Honestly I reckon sales will start of quite strong but then flatten out to lowish monthly numbers, as being a 2 door will limit its appeal to some/many. IF they made a nice 4 door version (and didn't call it a mustang) of it on a slightly longer wheelbase (for more rear space) with a none retro shit interior then maybe just maybe id consider one but that wont happen... and no the 300C Chrysler with its gangster look is not my cup of tea either as I'm no pimp daddy yo.

I must have missed some of those other posts of yours about Mustang. Do you think it's the low seating position or were they dynamically challenged? This new one should feel much different to the ones you've experienced. But hey, if you don't like the interior then that's going to be a problem. Falcon's still here till 2016 and by then who knows what'll happen.

HSE2
8th December 2013, 05:47 AM
I think there is an element of guilty by association with America the country and American companies.

Is that justified, I don't know.

Unlike us, you could never associate the Us of not looking after it's own interests, but like them we have our own image perception challenges.

If we are so smart and lucky why are we in the mess we are.

In terms of land mass in Youssefs map, we stick out for RHD markets! In terms of volume we won't, so what is the development cost for the Rhd market and what sort of total volume does it represent?

One thing I am sure about with this Mustang. Whatever the previous hands on experience was, this will be a quantum leap forward. The first drive opinions will show us just how much. Yes I know if you don't like it's appearance or something else that won't help, but it's going to be interesting to see how much mustang tradition has been retained in the drive experience and if it's moved forward in the ways we would hope.

I then wonder what engineering is being done to make those traits country specific.

GavL
8th December 2013, 09:16 AM
To me the new mustang is going to be the "mid life" crisis car that Ford Australia sells.

Hate to break it to you, this is what Ford Australia thinks of the Falcon as. They even admitted it during the marketing meeting they had with fans.

Red F6310
8th December 2013, 01:29 PM
Hate to break it to you, this is what Ford Australia thinks of the Falcon as. They even admitted it during the marketing meeting they had with fans.

If thats the case how come lots of young pricks own/drive around in XR6Turbos and F6's (as well as SS commodores)??
Hardly any of those will buy a 2door Pustang.... Wont be able to carry many mates around in the yanky shoebox

Haha Ford aus wouldnt know what the fuck is going on with the falcon market.....
There marketing team have been in a coma for the past 8 years when it comes to the falcon. The company will tell people any shit they can to make it look like they know whats going on and guess what? Youve believed them.

Anyway ive said my piece on the mustang. I definately wont be buying one or supporting it as it doesnt suit my needs, i dont like the look of it (inside or outside) and to me there is no desire to own one.

GavL
8th December 2013, 01:41 PM
If thats the case how come lots of young pricks own/drive around in XR6Turbos and F6's (as well as SS commodores)??
Hardly any of those will buy a 2door Pustang.... Wont be able to carry many mates around in the yanky shoebox

Haha Ford aus wouldnt know what the fuck is going on with the falcon market.....
There marketing team have been in a coma for the past 8 years when it comes to the falcon. The company will tell people any shit they can to make it look like they know whats going on and guess what? Youve believed them.

Anyway ive said my piece on the mustang. I definately wont be buying one or supporting it as it doesnt suit my needs, i dont like the look of it (inside or outside) and to me there is no desire to own one.

Simple. Majority are bought second hand.

4Vman
8th December 2013, 01:53 PM

By young i'm assuming you mean sub 30 yo? I don't know too many people under 30 spending 45 to 80K on a new car unless they have a business to leverage off, the majority of those people under 30 driving XR6T's and F6 id suggest would have bought second hand.

Falcon has never been a product for first car buyers.

Mustang, ( just like HSV's FPV's XR8's SS's etc) will be bought by people predominantly 30+ YO.

4Vman
8th December 2013, 02:27 PM
I think there is an element of guilty by association with America the country and American companies.

Is that justified, I don't know.

Unlike us, you could never associate the Us of not looking after it's own interests, but like them we have our own image perception challenges.

If we are so smart and lucky why are we in the mess we are.

In terms of land mass in Youssefs map, we stick out for RHD markets! In terms of volume we won't, so what is the development cost for the Rhd market and what sort of total volume does it represent?

One thing I am sure about with this Mustang. Whatever the previous hands on experience was, this will be a quantum leap forward. The first drive opinions will show us just how much. Yes I know if you don't like it's appearance or something else that won't help, but it's going to be interesting to see how much mustang tradition has been retained in the drive experience and if it's moved forward in the ways we would hope.

I then wonder what engineering is being done to make those traits country specific.
We need to be careful about associating cultural differences with unnecessary anti American sentiment.
Personally I applaud them for their patriotism, protectionism and self pride, if that creates a perception of arrogance and ignorance so be it.

With regards to development costs for RHD mustang you can bet your butt they will be amortized across RHD sales and not the entire production of Mustang, the Americans are smart enough not to penalize their own for meeting he needs of other countries...

For this reason alone RHD Mustangs will carry a premium over LHD variants.

flappist
8th December 2013, 06:29 PM

Some interesting points.

I do wonder though if "carrying your mates" is a prime factor in choosing cars why are there so many young guys driving falcon/commodore utes which have only 2 seats as opposed to the Mustang 5 seats?

I have shown pics of the new mustang to just about everyone I know who is even slightly enthusiastic about cars.
Almost all of them have positive comments and most interestingly some who would NEVER buy or even drive a Falcon even if it was free have stated that they would consider a Mustang for their next car.

Also you have stated the exact reason that I did not buy a FG F6 even though I had previously owned 2 B series..........I just did not like the look of it......

4Vman
8th December 2013, 07:04 PM
Some interesting points.

I do wonder though if "carrying your mates" is a prime factor in choosing cars why are there so many young guys driving falcon/commodore utes which have only 2 seats as opposed to the Mustang 5 seats?

I have shown pics of the new mustang to just about everyone I know who is even slightly enthusiastic about cars.
Almost all of them have positive comments and most interestingly some who would NEVER buy or even drive a Falcon even if it was free have stated that they would consider a Mustang for their next car.

Also you have stated the exact reason that I did not buy a FG F6 even though I had previously owned 2 B series..........I just did not like the look of it......

The ute example is an interesting one... will the "pretend tradies" be tempted into a mussie now that the Falcon/Commodore ute is on life support?

Falc'man
8th December 2013, 08:17 PM
This car has really polarised the masses.

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=10152514894924569&id=20901384568&set=a.420378669568.207579.20901384568&__user=1405617104

defective
8th December 2013, 08:58 PM
This car has really polarised the masses.

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=10152514894924569&id=20901384568&set=a.420378669568.207579.20901384568&__user=1405617104

Some of those comments are just retarded. It looks like a Taurus? Would have to be on serious crack to see a Taurus in there...

4Vman
8th December 2013, 09:00 PM
Some of those comments are just retarded. It looks like a Taurus? Would have to be on serious crack to see a Taurus in there...
Yes... I remember similar comments nearly enraging a holy war back in 2000... :-)

Red F6310
8th December 2013, 11:03 PM
By young i'm assuming you mean sub 30 yo? I don't know too many people under 30 spending 45 to 80K on a new car unless they have a business to leverage off, the majority of those people under 30 driving XR6T's and F6 id suggest would have bought second hand.

Falcon has never been a product for first car buyers.

Mustang, ( just like HSV's FPV's XR8's SS's etc) will be bought by people predominantly 30+ YO.

Hmm funny how quite a few young people have no worries stumping up $40K+ for a wrx etc or even $55K+ for a Sti wrx or a EVO10 most of those guys put all there cash into buying a car and living on bread and water for a few years.

Do you really think the new Mustang is going to be the choice of first car buyers then? No bloody way, so i guess it wont be much different to the falcon then as you have stated hey.

As for a previous statement about buying secondhand XR6T's/F6's, they are good buying and fit the whole 6 cylinder turbo brigade that dont want an old wornout VL turbo commo or a cop bait R32/33/34 2 door or 4 door skyline.
I cant really see the mustang being a good secondhand buy (unless it truely flops) with the cost of imported spare parts etc (we all know that we will get ripped with those costs from a dealer)
Most of the young lads and a few chicks around my area buy the performance sedan models of commodores and falcons over the ute models and the ones that do actually buy the ute models is because they have a motorbike etc to chuck in the back..... Cant see too many pusstangs with motorbikes being squeezed into the boot LOL. Tradies nowdays buy dual cabs or single cab versions of them.

Anyway ive said my piece on this whole thing.
It seems like the only reason people on here are jumping down my throat is the mustang will be all Ford has come end of 2016 and thats fair enough for you people who like the "thing", but I myself and quite a few others ive spoken to about it have all said they wont be buying one as a 2 door just doesnt "fit" their requirements and if it did, they'd be buying a "cooler" classic model (1965-71) not a all new "retro" theme plastic one (there words not mine!)

Im out of here as i've had enough mustang overload to the point where id like to go thrash the fuck out of a new one then set it on fire, the more i talk about it the angrier i get :argh: Oh and if people are wondering im not overly a one eyed falcon person either (i have a soft spot for them though)...
If people saw the collection of cars i currently own and have owned over the last 20 years they'd agree that i obviously buy what i like and what suits me and nowdays my family (No commodores have ever graced my shed though :highly_amused: )

Red F6310
8th December 2013, 11:15 PM
The ute example is an interesting one... will the "pretend tradies" be tempted into a mussie now that the Falcon/Commodore ute is on life support?

Doubt it. They will just start pimping out the dual cab style utes (as has already started to happen) or stick with the last of the breed (falcon/commodore ute) and drive them into the ground

4Vman
9th December 2013, 06:27 AM
Hmm funny how quite a few young people have no worries stumping up $40K+ for a wrx etc or even $55K+ for a Sti wrx or a EVO10 most of those guys put all there cash into buying a car and living on bread and water for a few years.

Do you really think the new Mustang is going to be the choice of first car buyers then? No bloody way, so i guess it wont be much different to the falcon then as you have stated hey.

As for a previous statement about buying secondhand XR6T's/F6's, they are good buying and fit the whole 6 cylinder turbo brigade that dont want an old wornout VL turbo commo or a cop bait R32/33/34 2 door or 4 door skyline.
I cant really see the mustang being a good secondhand buy (unless it truely flops) with the cost of imported spare parts etc (we all know that we will get ripped with those costs from a dealer)
Most of the young lads and a few chicks around my area buy the performance sedan models of commodores and falcons over the ute models and the ones that do actually buy the ute models is because they have a motorbike etc to chuck in the back..... Cant see too many pusstangs with motorbikes being squeezed into the boot LOL. Tradies nowdays buy dual cabs or single cab versions of them.

It seems like the only reason people on here are jumping down my throat is the mustang will be all Ford has come end of 2016 and thats fair enough for you people who like the "thing", but I myself and quite a few others ive spoken to about it have all said they wont be buying one as a 2 door just doesnt "fit" their requirements and if it did, they'd be buying a "cooler" classic model (1965-71) not a all new "retro" theme plastic one (there words not mine!)

Im out of here as i've had enough mustang overload to the point where id like to go thrash the fuck out of a new one then set it on fire, the more i talk about it the angrier i get :argh: Oh and if people are wondering im not overly a one eyed falcon person either (i have a soft spot for them though)...
If people saw the collection of cars i currently own and have owned over the last 20 years they'd agree that i obviously buy what i like and what suits me and nowdays my family (No commodores have ever graced my shed though :highly_amused: )
If Mustang turns out to have decent retained value (resale) that's a good thing isnt it?

One of the biggest gripes if not THE biggest gripe people who buy NEW performance cars have is resale vale. The better the resale value a model has the more likely the owner is to repeatedly and more frequently update with another NEW car which ultimately means a healthier manufacturer and subsequent flow on from that: better products.

It also builds brand confidence and loyalty.

I couldn't care less if that places those second hand cars out of the reach of the current generation, i just want to be in a position to update my new car regularly without being penalized heavily for doing it.

I'm not anti Mustang what so ever, my only gripe is it will be the only performance option from Ford come 2016, that is my concern.

Elks
9th December 2013, 06:43 AM
If Mustang turns out to have decent retained value (resale) that's a good thing isnt it?

One of the biggest gripes if not THE biggest gripe people who buy NEW performance cars have is resale vale. The better the resale value a model has the more likely the owner is to repeatedly and more frequently update with another NEW car which ultimately means a healthier manufacturer and subsequent flow on from that: better products.

It also builds brand confidence and loyalty.

I couldn't care less if that places those second hand cars out of the reach of the current generation, i just want to be in a position to update my new car regularly without being penalized heavily for doing it.

I'm not anti Mustang what so ever, my only gripe is it will be the only performance option from Ford come 2016, that is my concern.

Dream on. Resale will be 3 years 50%. In line with the initial purchasers getting out of there lease. Driven by the lowest common denominator. Stang will be no different to Falcon Mondeo or. C63 in that respect. It may hold up better from there on, but 3 years 50 will be it.

HSE2
9th December 2013, 06:52 AM

The reason I started a new tread to voice my opinion is because there does come a point in discussion where it just gets repetitive and people burn out.

I am pretty much of the same opinion as you and yes even get angry at the direction Ford are on. The main difference for me is I wouldn't exclude a GM alternative if backed into a corner.

Also like you, I had Christmas drinks with good mates on Sunday. A quarter of a million dollars worth of Ford vehicles sitting in the drive way. Non of us would be buying mustang because it is a two door product only. You don't get any further in the conversation than that point.

How many times does it need to be said. It's going to be a problem that force good loyal customers away but others will come in to replace these and provided they are in greater numbers that's a net win.

As the conversation progressed, the circumstances that would lead to a mustang purchase wasn't a categorical never. It's just that the car in question would have to be very special. What we have seen to date isn't remotely close to that.

It's the equivalent of me saying I like mustang, talking it up so people get enthusiastic to allow them to support a product to success allowing for me to revisit in 10 years time.

It's just simpler for me to state what I require now, what I will buy today, which has led me to making a decision on what direction I need to take personally which does indeed rule out Mustang.

I like to think that over the years my talk has been backed by action. While I am disappointed not to be playing a part in Fords future direction, these decisions need to be made on the grounds of fit for purpose.

My money, my eyesight, my values and if people want to attack me on that, go hard.

The opposite has to apply though. Like my mate here, I can't keep repeating the same stuff because even though it's conversation born of me for me, the repetitiveness just comes across as trying to negatively influence others.

One last point. In the first part of our life as a forum, we have been pretty similar in beliefs and opinions.
That has made us a bit boring and uninteresting.

It would be both a shame and our failing if by creating the forum to discuss, to be challenged, leads to non participation and saying what's on your mind.

That's not to be confused with as an adult realise when time and worth of contribution aren't progressing.

HSE2
9th December 2013, 10:48 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e218/HSE2/ff-1.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e218/HSE2/069ff.jpg

This is the car that I spent considerable time looking over. The owner, the one with he Mustang shirt, was great to talk to; showing me around the car and demonstrating all its features.

Falc'man
9th December 2013, 11:49 AM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2952&d=1386525820
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2953&d=1386525820

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2940&d=1386522882
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2941&d=1386522882

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2942&d=1386522882
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2943&d=1386522882

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2938&d=1386522882
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2939&d=1386522882

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2946&d=1386524075
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2947&d=1386524075

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2948&d=1386524075
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2949&d=1386524164

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2944&d=1386522882
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2945&d=1386526295

Falc'man
9th December 2013, 11:52 AM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2510&d=1386223007

Road_Warrior
9th December 2013, 01:11 PM
Retarded looking Camaro looks retarded.

VZTRT
9th December 2013, 01:15 PM
Retarded looking Camaro looks retarded.

Didn't think they were that bad.....I know it wasn't the looks that let the Camaro car down.

WASP
9th December 2013, 01:28 PM
This is the car that I spent considerable time looking over. The owner, the one with he Mustang shirt, was great to talk to; showing me around the car and demonstrating all its features.

So what was your general impression Ian? What did you like, and dislike from point of view of potential future ownership?

WASP
9th December 2013, 01:35 PM
I used to think the Camaro pulled off the whole 'modern retro interpretation of a 70's muscle car' a little better than equivalent Mustang in terns of proportions. Looking at the latest versions compared above I have changed my view. The Mustang looks better both inside and out, especially at the rear. The only advantage the Camaro appears to have is more head room for the rear passengers. Then again, one is a coupe while the other is a fastback.

Falc'man
9th December 2013, 02:01 PM
I used to think the Camaro pulled off the whole 'modern retro interpretation of a 70's muscle car' a little better than equivalent Mustang in terns of proportions. Looking at the latest versions compared above I have changed my view. The Mustang looks better both inside and out, especially at the rear. The only advantage the Camaro appears to have is more head room for the rear passengers. Then again, one is a coupe while the other is a fastback.

Agree. Mustang is bordering on exotic from some views.

They've really done a good job of the design. I've been very critical of it from a few certain angles but the more I look at it and appreciate what they've done the more I'm ignoring or overlooking those bits. The other thing for me I suppose is it's always the best to reserve judgment till it's seen on the road.

One aspect which I'm sure about is it's going to stand out like the proverbial. In your face. That's something I think Ford have achieved very well.

4Vman
9th December 2013, 02:02 PM
The only view where Camaro looks better is side on.

Falc'man
9th December 2013, 02:13 PM
I'd be happy to own one of those, although I don't have a natural aversion to coupe's in general.

I tried for a long time to ignore the mustang, to dislike it and pretend it didn't exist. It worked until I had to work with them and couldn't ignore them anymore, then I got it.

I owned a Landau once, and sold it - I'll regret that forever. Another Landau or even another Falcon Coupe will never feel right, it won't be the one which was mine. Mustangs have been on my radar a bit more since I came to that realisation I guess.

Just like I was prepared to deal with the inconvenience factor of the Falcon Coupe, I could deal with the Inconvenience factor of the Mustang. Not just deal with it, I want it.

To a certain extent it makes a bit of sense. With hoon laws and road rules going the way they are I have to be careful driving the G6ET, I have already copped a 'Grade 0' warning for using the power to avoid an accident - the boys in blue didn't see it the same way I did. Next time they find a reason to disagree with me, its theirs for 7 days. For that reason it is sometimes easier now for me to drive the wifes Corolla around town, don't have the same risks of unwarranted/unwanted attention. Separate the practical every day car and have the other one for the other times, that and going from the Corolla to get G6ET certainly makes me appreciate the G6ET for what it is when I do drive it.

Not everybody can afford that, hell I don't know if I can even afford that. All things said and done I'd prefer the Falcon survived, but that doesn't mean I'd ignore the Mustang in the marketplace.

Good post, Steve, makes a lot of sense.

JEM
9th December 2013, 02:42 PM
Camaro looks like cr@p next to the new Stang.

The more i've seen of the new stang, and real images at that, the more I am liking it, REALLY liking it! I think they've done a very good job of it. It will really make the '14 Falc look a little bland too unfortunately.

JEM
9th December 2013, 02:44 PM
don't know if this has been posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8nefU4Z6xWM

Falc'man
9th December 2013, 02:52 PM
Yeah there's a dedicated vids thread but good to see it again. You say it makes the 14 Falcon look bland but does XR have some spice?

JEM
9th December 2013, 03:20 PM
It's very unfortunate and probably not the fairest comparison to be doing this to the '14 Falc considering the generational advance of Mustang against where Falcon is at (or going/ending), so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

The tail lights and head lights (of XR Falcon) are of latest design and themes, but the Mustang really leave Falc behind everywhere else. Body contours, surfacing, attention to detail etc. The whole bodyside is essentially untouched bar a different stamp for a different turn signal design, the rear bumper has a little bit of surface change which adds some interest and integrates and tail lamp design theme.

In saying that, an FH XR8 will most likely be a stepping stone for me into a Muzzy.

Road_Warrior
9th December 2013, 03:52 PM
Body contours, surfacing, attention to detail etc. The whole bodyside is essentially untouched bar a different stamp for a different turn signal design

Well - that is understandable. Even if the plant wasn't closing and this wasn't the last Falcon, It would still be an MCE which means same/same for the doors, passenger cell, turret etc.

Like you said, the Mustang is a generational difference.

4Vman
9th December 2013, 03:57 PM
Well - that is understandable. Even if the plant wasn't closing and this wasn't the last Falcon, It would still be an MCE which means same/same for the doors, passenger cell, turret etc.

Like you said, the Mustang is a generational difference.

This Mustang is evolutionary not revolutionary. Think AU to BA.

Road_Warrior
9th December 2013, 04:05 PM
This Mustang is evolutionary not revolutionary. Think AU to BA.

The Mustang is an all new car, yes still an "evolutionary" car in terms of its styling/aesthetics and basic formula, but there is nothing from the old car "holding it back", like the last Falcon will have due to it's FG roots. In that context JEM's comments come as no surprise to me.

VZTRT
10th December 2013, 06:29 AM
The Mustang is an all new car, yes still an "evolutionary" car in terms of its styling/aesthetics and basic formula, but there is nothing from the old car "holding it back", like the last Falcon will have due to it's FG roots. In that context JEM's comments come as no surprise to me.

This new mustang needed a bit of work.

Falc'man
10th December 2013, 09:12 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-88hrqbeIiTg/UqYYFWd15oI/AAAAAAAPZVM/y5ylC5nSK4E/s1600/Vossen-Wheels-2015-Mustang-Ford-%23.jpg

Falc'man
10th December 2013, 09:14 AM
One thing I love about the GT is it's "fangs" in both grilles.

WASP
10th December 2013, 09:33 AM
For a 'pony' it has a real snake-like look

FTe217
10th December 2013, 10:12 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-88hrqbeIiTg/UqYYFWd15oI/AAAAAAAPZVM/y5ylC5nSK4E/s1600/Vossen-Wheels-2015-Mustang-Ford-%23.jpg

That it is bloody damn nice !!!

Falc'man
10th December 2013, 10:26 AM
I believe you can get those rims in chrome.

VZTRT
10th December 2013, 10:30 AM

Agreed. That should have been the launch car.

JEM
10th December 2013, 10:38 AM
http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/2015-ford-mustang-rendered-as-shelby-gt350-72760-7.jpg?1386598694

MisterAU
10th December 2013, 11:21 AM
Sure is Maurice ... could see myself (and Therese of course) cruising about the country in that. I'm not liking the front in some ways as it is a bit "fussy", but the package as a unit looks quite "liveable". And that GT350 is WOW!

Falc'man
10th December 2013, 11:55 AM
http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6041&d=1386274761
http://rallyhaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/20120526-203654.jpg

Falc'man
10th December 2013, 02:08 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2974&d=1386646431

galaxy xr8
10th December 2013, 05:59 PM
The more and more I am seeing of the Mustang in different combo's I am falling in love, I can't wait to see the GT500 optioned, this is truly going to be the performance vehicle Aussies have been asking for for ages, albeit minus the extra 2 door's.

FTe217
11th December 2013, 12:43 AM
yer can't disagree the more of the upspec versions you see the more your liking this.

HSE2
11th December 2013, 02:02 AM
Probably should stick the renders in a separate thread so as not to confuse people such is the quality

Falc'man
11th December 2013, 06:45 PM
http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roadandtrack/images/2I/XB8A3469.jpg

Road_Warrior
11th December 2013, 06:58 PM
It does look nice doesn't it.

Perko
11th December 2013, 07:12 PM
That is nice. Once again I will say it, geez they just look the goods in red.

Falc'man
11th December 2013, 07:48 PM
It does look nice doesn't it.
I was wondering if that shot was staged or if it really is such a superstar.

Falc'man
11th December 2013, 11:02 PM
11th of the August for the first deliveries in the US.

So far two different online publications have given different lead times for delivery to Aus - one being late 2015, and the other mid 2015. Hopefully they're both wrong and it lands here early 15 or late 14.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2982&d=1386695715

Lynton
11th December 2013, 11:09 PM
http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roadandtrack/images/2I/XB8A3469.jpg

I am very much in awe of the front but I am not a fan of the rear, personally I think it should be squared off a bit.

Having said that, yes please in blue for me!

FTe217
12th December 2013, 12:10 AM
Well its looking fine - blue or white would be noice.

Falc'man
13th December 2013, 11:52 AM
Well its looking fine - blue or white would be noice.How about both?

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3001&d=1386879531

Falc'man
13th December 2013, 11:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JcDfybOe3E#t=53

Falc'man
13th December 2013, 01:11 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2833&d=1386338263

Falc'man
13th December 2013, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNo2dd8no0E

defective
14th December 2013, 10:19 AM
Green. Green is nice...
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag9/jamesnst/0ee5873460c7a04fae3bcb96140d7a0e_zpse4723b17.jpg

FTe217
15th December 2013, 10:43 AM
Far out !
I see a bit of FG front. This thing could be better than expected.

TICK4D-TAS
15th December 2013, 11:40 AM
Green. Green is nice...
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag9/jamesnst/0ee5873460c7a04fae3bcb96140d7a0e_zpse4723b17.jpg

Looks nice, awesome stance for the image, impractical for the road! But there are getting some nice chops about now.

This style of low, fat wheels and big HP is what I will be after in a stang. Oh and either Shelby or Ford racing somewhere on it!

4Vman
15th December 2013, 11:44 AM
Not overly keen on the drift 205 tyre on 10" rim look either but hey, im over 40.....

TICK4D-TAS
15th December 2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I don't like the stretched tyre either.

MisterAU
15th December 2013, 06:46 PM
That image is not one that would entice me into a Mustang; even if I wasn't "over 40". LOL.

Falc'man
15th December 2013, 08:39 PM
Jeff, what are your thoughts on the new Mustang in general? On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is fugly and 10 being, well, you know, something as good looking as the typical exotic stuff like, Ferrari, Jaguar, Aston Martin, AU Falcon, et al.

4Vman
15th December 2013, 08:41 PM
Ahhh.. I see what you did there..! Lol

Falc'man
15th December 2013, 08:47 PM
Ahhh.. I see what you did there..! Lol

What?

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/8ae0f3596ceaa95f06bc9fd9e3ffc60c/7264%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20raised_eyebrow%20sun glasses%20the_rock%20wwf.gif

FTe217
15th December 2013, 10:29 PM
Jeff, what are your thoughts on the new Mustang in general? On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is fugly and 10 being, well, you know, something as good looking as the typical exotic stuff like, Ferrari, Jaguar, Aston Martin, AU Falcon, et al.

Jeff is a conservasaur (latin meaning con serv ative hehe ;)) having a white wedding T3 and believes the AU is still the best thing since sliced bread was thought and please don't encourage him having AU next to Ferrari,AS and Jag :highly_amused:

Falc'man
16th December 2013, 03:00 PM
http://autospies.com/news/FIRST-NIGHT-Photos-Of-The-All-New-2015-Ford-Mustang-79307/

galaxy xr8
16th December 2013, 03:24 PM
Jeff believes the AU is still the best thing since sliced bread

He'd be right and a very smart man to believe that;)

FTe217
16th December 2013, 03:50 PM
hehe I hope most who have read my post had a giggle LOL........

Is AU is GOOD - yep agree but FG is GOOD as well.

Got to agree that link photo quality is pretty bad but thanks Falc'man.

Falc'man
17th December 2013, 08:37 AM
http://i.auto-bild.de/ir_img/1/1/3/4/6/4/8/Ford-Mustang-Coup-2014-729x486-d4cfd2ef8559cbc8.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qaOWiWpdl2E/UqS3dkTHpsI/AAAAAAAAi-0/PPdYFuYL5ZM/s1600/3.jpg

HSE2
17th December 2013, 08:56 AM
Is that a split rear seat?

Road_Warrior
17th December 2013, 09:16 AM
Certainly looks that way.

MisterAU
17th December 2013, 10:50 AM

Well ... since you asked ... Ferraris seem to be slipping. Jags have taken some cues from AU. Aston are still just sex on wheels ... and how can you compare Mustang with it, or in fact any of those? LOL.

Seriously though I'd say there's more to like about it than dislike, and when I see one in the flesh it could be on my shopping list.

Falc'man
17th December 2013, 10:54 AM
Certainly looks that way.

Not from this angle.

Road_Warrior
17th December 2013, 11:04 AM
Not from this angle.

So what gives? IMO the other pic clearly shows a split seat with what look like hinges at the base. I also note the pic with the brown seats above is a convertible and maybe the split seat isnt available with the convertible because of the need for structural integrity in that area (and the fact that the roof when folded is probably stored behind the seat).

I think I've just answered my own question :confused:

Falc'man
17th December 2013, 11:07 AM
So what gives? IMO the other pic clearly shows a split seat with what look like hinges at the base. I also note the pic with the brown seats above is a convertible and maybe the split seat isnt available with the convertible because of the need for structural integrity in that area (and the fact that the roof when folded is probably stored behind the seat).

I think I've just answered my own question :confused:
I think you have.

HSE2
17th December 2013, 11:28 AM
Seriously though I'd say there's more to like about it than dislike

I agree, for a coupe that is.

Falc'man
18th December 2013, 11:38 AM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3201&stc=1&d=1387275496

MisterAU
18th December 2013, 12:03 PM
So you think that by photochopping it into a Grandpa colour I might now like it? LOL.

Perko
18th December 2013, 02:31 PM
Sorry but both those lowered cars look like absolute poo!

4Vman
18th December 2013, 02:53 PM
Sorry but both those lowered cars look like absolute poo!

Agree, WTF are they? Vacuum cleaners??!!

FTe217
18th December 2013, 04:14 PM
As we know those vacuum cleaners are chops giving those minded the idea what they can turn into if wanted, impractical trailered show ponys, green looks good purely never seeing a kermit pony dressed like that hehe

I think the split seats are in the fast back only as a hunch - for yer seeing the other with the 2tone leather its not split.

Falc'man
18th December 2013, 07:47 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the front end resembles this character?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1471311_10202789968336044_582000141_n.jpghttp://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag9/jamesnst/0ee5873460c7a04fae3bcb96140d7a0e_zpse4723b17.jpg

Falc'man
19th December 2013, 03:20 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3206&stc=1&d=1387347277
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3204&stc=1&d=1387346910
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3203&stc=1&d=1387346910
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3202&stc=1&d=1387343077http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2921&stc=1&d=1386453403

Falc'man
19th December 2013, 03:21 PM
That yellow sets it off. Those are official colours by the way.

FTe217
19th December 2013, 03:49 PM
The blue first for me and the light silver my picks......

MisterAU
19th December 2013, 04:11 PM
So it'll be blue with silver stripes then Maurice ... heheheh

ToCo
19th December 2013, 04:42 PM
Blue for me in GT500 format thanks.

Perko
19th December 2013, 05:37 PM
Is the red right? Just doesn't seem as vibrant as in other pictures. In other pictures it is my choice.

Falc'man
19th December 2013, 05:53 PM
It's Competition Orange.

Perko
19th December 2013, 06:03 PM
That's why it's not right. :p

galaxy xr8
19th December 2013, 07:23 PM
Silver and Yellow work's for me.

VZTRT
20th December 2013, 06:23 AM
I like the yellow. If the car could stand out anymore it would be in yellow.

HSE2
20th December 2013, 06:30 AM
These pictures have sent me backwards.

VZTRT
20th December 2013, 07:02 AM
Is it just me or is this car gonna look really old really quickly??

4Vman
20th December 2013, 07:05 AM
That's the problem with strong retro styling, it pre-dates itself.

VZTRT
20th December 2013, 07:34 AM
That's the problem with strong retro styling, it pre-dates itself.

Only issue is the Mustang market are people who want this....cause the old 80's mustangs looked like shit. A new age mustang probably wont sell......I think its the same as the camaro market.

4Vman
20th December 2013, 07:36 AM
Only issue is the Mustang market are people who want this....cause the old 80's mustangs looked like shit. A new age mustang probably wont sell......I think its the same as the camaro market.

Yes... cant see Ford doing a retro 71 to 80's Mustang!!!!

VZTRT
20th December 2013, 07:38 AM
I like the 71 stangs. Looked better then the original.

Either way least the GT was a modern design.

4Vman
20th December 2013, 07:54 AM
The first 2 styles of Mustang: 1965/6 and 67-70 were the best, by a mile. For me the 71 onwards missed the mark styling wise.

I absolutely love the first 2 styles. When i sold the XBGT i nearly bought a 351c 4sd 1970 Mach 1.

Just not a fan of retro incarnations.

JEM
20th December 2013, 08:27 AM
I'm liking the car more and more for sure. The photoshops of the colors are a good effort, but the saturation of color is not quite right to my eye.

Falc'man
20th December 2013, 12:02 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3070&d=1386978895

HSE2
20th December 2013, 12:31 PM

Maybe. I see things differently each time. these photos showed me the little crease near the Fuel flap which I hadn't really noticed before. From that angle its a "WTF" moment for me.

Cars that try to link to the past probably always have an element of dating about them. I general I think they have done a pretty good job but the performance versions need to change in the front and bonnet for me.

FTe217
20th December 2013, 12:51 PM
I'm already sick of it tbh - overkill and were not seeing it till what late 2014 into 15.
Many have suffered premature ejaculation but this is has become ridiculous :p

HSE2
20th December 2013, 12:53 PM
And it is starting to age on the release not the availability

Falc'man
20th December 2013, 03:26 PM
Ok, I'll find more photos for you all.

Falc'man
20th December 2013, 03:27 PM
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1487334_10150366286139949_863350141_n.jpg

Falc'man
20th December 2013, 03:27 PM
Scraping the barrel with quality like this...

http://forums.themustangsource.com/attachments/f806/149814d1386548091-2015-photoshop-rendering-thread-1472024_10151852701237572_2030957316_n.jpg

Falc'man
20th December 2013, 03:28 PM
Put your 3d glasses on.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3065&d=1386978802

Falc'man
20th December 2013, 03:30 PM
OMG! Palmer Tube Mills 2017????

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3067&d=1386978802

Falc'man
20th December 2013, 03:31 PM
Love those rims..

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5514/11359642166_b4e59c7338_o.jpg

HSE2
20th December 2013, 03:42 PM
This car will create a record for most photo shopped before on sale date.

Falc'man
26th December 2013, 10:04 PM
http://www.ponysite.de/16BullittMustangbigweb.jpg

Falc'man
26th December 2013, 10:08 PM
http://forums.themustangsource.com/attachments/f806/149942d1386728973t-2015-photoshop-rendering-thread-1380006_10202137765818170_1767504113_n.jpg

Falc'man
26th December 2013, 10:10 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2429&stc=1&d=1386216759